Economy better than expected

and still the opportunities are abound.

it was never as bad as predicted. yes UE rose, yes IRs dropped and made banks a pound bag of smack for every exec in bonds and yes affordability is the key - but hey, how is that any different from

the 60s.
the late 80s?
the early 90s?
the late 90s?
the early 00s?
the late 00s?

Bugar if I know. Stimulus's kicking in have been obvious for 6 mths and even with China , they've said China just put off it's last and most major works in their stimulus's until now causing a spike.
Is it all good , who knows !
Will it all artificially delay consequences, who knows !
Could we possibly have escaped what might have eventuated and sail up up and away from here , who knows !
The US and worlds troubles catching us, who knows !
Keen , who knows !

I've given up trying to work it out it's all as clear as mud as usual lately , well apart from the spikes anyway , I guess only the next 5 yrs will tell from here !
My new modo is cover all basis and hold on.

Cheers

PS - and is the stock market back !

Australia has been blowing hard enough in its own sails of late to fill them, but that doesn't necessarily mean the ship is moving again.

Any who think it's all over, or thought it never existed in the first place: Have I got a deal for you!

There's this popular little bridge.............

I don't think the economy was ever that bad, but it presented a great opportunity to acquire assets on the cheap

So why did the Rudd guarantee private bank's OS loans & deposits with the country's tax collections?
Why was the reserve bank pumping hundreds of millions of $$ every mth into the banking system?
Why is Rudd touting a 200Billion loan as not being much?
Why is he throwing money from helicopters?
Why are new home buyers given up to $24,000+ in incentives to buy?
Why did interest rates drop like a rock?

Must be because the economy "was never that bad" I guess :rolleyes:
I wonder if sales of flying carpets & bridges have been affected.

So why did the Rudd guarantee private bank's OS loans & deposits with the country's tax collections?
Why was the reserve bank pumping hundreds of millions of $$ every mth into the banking system?
Why is Rudd touting a 200Billion loan as not being much?
Why is he throwing money from helicopters?
Why are new home buyers given up to $24,000+ in incentives to buy?
Why did interest rates drop like a rock?

Must be because the economy "was never that bad" I guess :rolleyes:
I wonder if sales of flying carpets & bridges have been affected.

Because the Yanks were doing so, which is exactly what the opposition would have done if they were in government.

But I'm with you in as much as I do not believe what they did was very smart. I also should add that I believe Penny Wong to be dangerous. I am just not fool enough to believe that things might be much different if the last election was different.

I am a sceptic, not a Labor supporter.

Back