Engaged!

Congratulations!!!

Glad to hear some people know what they want, recognise it and take the opportunity! :)

I've got married in 3 months knowing each other, 15 years later still growing our family :)

All the best!!!!

Similar here.
I'd only been physically together with my wife for about 2 months before we got married.
15 year anniversary just one week ago, which I didn't even remember as time has gone so fast.

Had a great uncle who was engaged for over 50 years, died unmarried. Marriage not for some of us. A lot of others just never find the right person, or the worst scenario marry the wrong person. Lucky you if you found the right one.

Some people need to not feel committed.

One very wise friend (in every area of his life other than commitment) has been in a relationship for 12 years. There is no chance in hell he will ever leave her, but he cannot for the life of him get engaged or get married. It would freak him out and he'd just sabotage it.

My wife-to-be is the same actually, always has to drop hints of an exit. If she doesn't I notice her stress levels go out through the roof. I haven't 'locked her down', I simply 'created an open space where she can either join me or not join me', just had to make it so good she had nowhere else she'd rather be.

It's all in the context.

There is certainly a bit of a pattern here, when you look at the comments of the posters who just 'knew' they had met the one and made the commitment in, what some would say, the early part of a relationship.

Well done mate.

Jump in and swim.

Sounds like you 2 will make each other the best you can be. Remember to focus on your balances and don't push each other to escalating heights of improvements. Step back, refocus often and remember that you have many years ahead of you and not everything has to be done in 5yrs.

all the best,

Well done mate.

Jump in and swim.

Sounds like you 2 will make each other the best you can be. Remember to focus on your balances and don't push each other to escalating heights of improvements. Step back, refocus often and remember that you have many years ahead of you and not everything has to be done in 5yrs.

all the best,

That's the only risk I see here.
That is, being able to step back and just cruise if you want to without affecting such a driven relationship.

Congratulations!

Coming up to our 3rd wedding anniversary in less than a week. Some people thought I was insane (including my parents, I'm sure!). Married at 20!!

Last edited:
Back