Engaged!

Congratulations.

The first 40 years are the hardest! :D

LOL. TRUE !

Congrats Mate! well done.

Must admit when I first laid eyes on my wife it was truly a moment I will never forget. Not love at first sight or anything sucky like that but it was scary like?"oh no?this is going to be my wife!"
I truly could not stop it! :eek:

We consequently "went out" for the next 10yrs, had a small break (cause I knew I had to let that butterfly go) and she flew back, poor bugger !

We have now been married 20yrs plus the 10 going out.

Always the common goal of looking after each other. We are both terribly independant people trying to live "as one" according to conventional wisdom. But somehow it's like we have just met each day.

And still we can fight like cats and dogs at times but also can make love like true cupids ! pretty much on an even basis. Highs and lows.

Make sure you both realise that life together will have its swings and roundabouts. When you come thru the rough patches and all is good there is no better feeling.

Gotta hit the reset button every so often ;)

If she means so much to you, then let her know in no uncertain terms by your actions of defending her, being faithful and respecting her side of this joint venture.

Good luck mate, we must catch up for that coffee some day!:)

Congratulations nhg!

Whenever I see either of you post, it reminds me of this:

o-THE-SHINING-facebook-550x275.jpg

Is that some creepy movie where the twins killed their family and they became serial killers.... just thinking and wondering ????:p

I watch "Evil Twins" on fox, apparently a set of twins were actually serial killers in US.... true no BS, and neither knew they were killing and loving it.... both ended up in jail.

Congrats mate.

Lots of potential issues with getting engaged after 4 weeks. But meh lots of potential issues in all relationships :)

I think I proposed to my now wife in under a year. But I probably knew within a month that she was the one for me. We've been married for a number of years now... from memory I think I've gotten in trouble 3 times for forgetting the wedding anniversary, so I guess that means we've been married for 3 years?

But like anything you don't know how strong it is until you test it. Stress is a great tester of relationships. You could always get some good solid sustained stress before getting married to test your relationship. Investing in property should go a long way in that regard, if you're interested in it I know a really good property forum...

Back