fat burning diet

This is true.
What you have done is the key to sucess.
That is, very slow recomposition over a long period of time, well done.
It is possible to lose fat and gain muscle "simultaneously" when diet and training are right.
Another good point you make is "slight" calorie deficit.
These crazy diets 1000+ calories below maintenence are ridiculous for long term change.

I wonder if htey can be ovided over the short term

Seriously, if you consciously choose to cut out some foods, and cook with what's left..... and that's it....make syou think, I can't use cream or no whatever, so I will blah blah instead.... no muffin breaks... no packs of chips / lollies just cause the tv is on.... no soft drinks...all that extra stuff that we treat ourselves to to the point of it being a routine. eat chicken / beef not "patties" etc.

I wonder if many many of us could avoid the extreme stuff altogether ?

Is it perhaps worth people TRYING this first ?

The thing I don't get is that all these fatties basically got the way they are over a long period of time via bad eating habits and laziness.
Then all of a sudden they want to lose weight biggest loser style, ie, super fast.
It doesn't work like that.

Gaining muscle while losing fat is very hard to do,

you basically have to have calories in = calories out,

everything you do uses calories, breathing, eating, walking, talking, so its hard to know exactly, as for food the same thing, even if you weigh your food portions, its very hard,

thats why having a balanced diet is important,

a lot of off season body builders are quite fat, see google the aussie, lee priest off season vs off season, and your jaw will drop.

a lot of idiots think that fat turns to muscle, thats why the body builders are fat off season and then they work out and magic! fat becomes muscle,

not true, in a nutshell, they get fat from eating excess calories to gain the muscle as well as fat, and during/before competition, then they will start doing cardio to reduce the fat while maintaining the muscle,and hence one wrong move and their entire seasons campagin is a disaster,

The thing I don't get is that all these fatties basically got the way they are over a long period of time via bad eating habits and laziness.
Then all of a sudden they want to lose weight biggest loser style, ie, super fast.
It doesn't work like that.

actually, it can, its quite easy for a really overweight person to lose 1.5kg-2kg per week for extended periods of time,

its just after its all done, you need to know the hows and whys or you'l get back on that visicious cyclet

I like to test myself....sat in MacDonalds 2 days ago for an hour.

On my 6th day now.....

Go for a walk around the neighbourhood..there's SamSiam sitting on someone's front lawn inhaling the scent of the nights scrumptious meal

mmmmm...roast beef, gravy & potatoes

mmmmm....BBQ

First of all try and cut all "whites" from the diet - white flour, white rice, sugar etc ... but don't be too hard on yourself.

Sometimes it's just a change in thought and taste. Changes like - I changed a huge bowl of icecream each night to 2 squares of 70% coca chocolate ... and believe me, 2 squares is enough to satisfy.

Or moving some foods from the "everyday" to "sometimes" category ... like cheese.

One thing I found very interesting from my dietician, was that we tend to crave the foods that are not suitable for our personal metabolisms ... took me around two weeks to get past the craving stage, but now I don't even desire those foods.

Found that the bloating has stopped - the ... er ... unpleasant side effects - sleep better - cravings gone - and as a positive side effect, my weight has found it's natural balance.

First of all try and cut all "whites" from the diet - white flour, white rice, sugar etc ... but don't be too hard on yourself.

Exactly lizzie, in order to reduce weight and start burning the store of body fat we need to cut the high carbs/sugars from our daily intake and increase proteins and the green vegies / salads into our diets. The more carbs/sugars you eat your body has to burn those first BEFORE it will even get to work on burning the stores of body fat one has.

Eating proteins will increase your resting metabolism and therefore will burn more bodyfat even without the need to increase exercise.

Cutting out sugar/salt and rubbish food from your diet,you'll find you'll have no cravings what so ever,well that's my experience anyway.I eat more fresh living foods and stay away from packaged/processed stuff.Go raw and you'll feel the difference.

I like to test myself....sat in MacDonalds 2 days ago for an hour.

On my 6th day now.....

Brave man indeed!

Go for a walk around the neighbourhood..there's SamSiam sitting on someone's front lawn inhaling the scent of the nights scrumptious meal

mmmmm...roast beef, gravy & potatoes

mmmmm....BBQ

hah. Reminds me of something I read on another site. A pregnant woman who had been a vegetarian for decades got an insatiable craving for KFC chicken. She'd pull into in the KFC carpark, wind down her windows and sit there for 2 hours taking in the scent of the Colonel's secret recipe.

Cutting out sugar/salt and rubbish food from your diet,you'll find you'll have no cravings what so ever,well that's my experience anyway.I eat more fresh living foods and stay away from packaged/processed stuff.Go raw and you'll feel the difference.

Exactly, I found that was one thing about a low carb/no sugar diet. After a few weeks I found I had to force myself to eat regular small meals as I never had cravings and never even had an appetite. Still had heaps of energy though. Now I've reintroduced some carbs back into my diet i find I crave a wholegrain breadroll with butter and vegemite every morning which ends up in afternoon cravings and bloating :-(

Why do people feel they NEED to have either a bowl or less of icecream EVERY NIGHT ????

Perhaps cutting out a bit more of this stuff could help... you know before going to the extremities of replacing emials with juices and what not

Cut out the chip etc in front of the telly as well, do we NEED to eat just cause we're sitting on a sofa looking at a screen ?

Why do people feel they NEED to have either a bowl or less of icecream EVERY NIGHT ????

Perhaps cutting out a bit more of this stuff could help... you know before going to the extremities of replacing emials with juices and what not

Cut out the chip etc in front of the telly as well, do we NEED to eat just cause we're sitting on a sofa looking at a screen ?

I don't think Lizzie was saying she NEEDS the ice-cream EVERY NIGHT.

But there are some people (like me) who just cannot shift the weight even without EVER eating ice-cream or rubbish food. I believe it is my age and the changes women go through, but who knows.

I do know that after four months on Weight Watchers, sticking to the plan, not even using up all my "extra" points that I could have I still only lost less than 2kg and one week, with no difference in my habits, I put on .9kg.

So, when I read about the juicing, I though "why not". It is (I think) a lot healthier than some crazy diet. Replacing one meal every day with juice is not "extreme dieting" in my opinion.

I don't think Lizzie was saying she NEEDS the ice-cream EVERY NIGHT.

But there are some people (like me) who just cannot shift the weight even without EVER eating ice-cream or rubbish food. I believe it is my age and the changes women go through, but who knows.

I do know that after four months on Weight Watchers, sticking to the plan, not even using up all my "extra" points that I could have I still only lost less than 2kg and one week, with no difference in my habits, I put on .9kg.

So, when I read about the juicing, I though "why not". It is (I think) a lot healthier than some crazy diet. Replacing one meal every day with juice is not "extreme dieting" in my opinion.

I know she does not NEED it.... Which is why I suggested, why not look at cutting out that un necessary stuff FIRST..........

actually try it, before saying, nah I have to go to extremes cause it won't work...

I wonder what the effect of replacing emails with juice would be.... I think I would probably put on weight, with the number of emails I receive!! ;)

You and I are the same age.
I am constantly amazed at how little I need to eat to maintain my weight.
My meals now consist of :
breakfast: 2 toast and jelly
lunch: 1/2 sandwich (or leftovers from dinner from night before)
dinner: 1/2 dinner (save 1/2 for lunch next day)
snack: 1/2 crunchie chocolate bar + 1 orange

Thyroid problems are common. Have you had that checked?

I do though. Or chocolate. Or Sarah Lee Ultra Chocolate ice-cream - the best of both worlds. Oh yeah! :)

Not bad, not bad but I am afraid I would have to vote for both Connoisseur Chocolate flavours before the Sarah Lee one :D

And as far as asking why does one need to eat ice cream, well sorry but that is a really dumb question JC, because I like it :)

I am 1840mm tall and weigh about 70kg so I have permission from my wife to put on a bit to cuddle up to :)

Not bad, not bad but I am afraid I would have to vote for both Connoisseur Chocolate flavours before the Sarah Lee one :D

And as far as asking why does one need to eat ice cream, well sorry but that is a really dumb question JC, because I like it :)

I am 1840mm tall and weigh about 70kg so I have permission from my wife to put on a bit to cuddle up to :)

I wasn't asking you...

I was saying it about people who say they have trouble losing kilos, go to extreme diets but will not try something really really simple like removing some empty calories like too much alcohol / cake / muffins / chocolates / etc etc etc etc that they eat in addition to normal meals. Maybe removing the chocolates etc etc won't hurt and might actually help with the weight loss they are chasing ?

Just saying....

I wasn't asking you...

I was saying it about people who say they have trouble losing kilos, go to extreme diets but will not try something really really simple like removing some empty calories like too much alcohol / cake / muffins / chocolates / etc etc etc etc that they eat in addition to normal meals. Maybe removing the chocolates etc etc won't hurt and might actually help with the weight loss they are chasing ?

Just saying....

One thing to keep in mind when losing weight is that it can often result in some depression, particularly for people who are used to eating sugary/ high carb food.
I'm not advocating icecream and alcohol every night, but sometimes just maintaining a couple of squares of chocolate can help to stabilise the emotions during the process.

Back