fat burning diet

One thing to keep in mind when losing weight is that it can often result in some depression, particularly for people who are used to eating sugary/ high carb food.
I'm not advocating icecream and alcohol every night, but sometimes just maintaining a couple of squares of chocolate can help to stabilise the emotions during the process.

I'd be depressed to, if I had to give up sweets.
Thanks for not making me feel guilty for wanting them :p

I wasn't asking you...

I was saying it about people who say they have trouble losing kilos, go to extreme diets but will not try something really really simple like removing some empty calories like too much alcohol / cake / muffins / chocolates / etc etc etc etc that they eat in addition to normal meals. Maybe removing the chocolates etc etc won't hurt and might actually help with the weight loss they are chasing ?

Just saying....

I agree with you actually, I have a friend who actually had a stomach band op but continued to add cream to virtually every meal when at home. The multiple Maccas through the day probably didn't help either :(

Thanks Kathryn for the thyroid tip. I had it checked just recently when I was not losing any weight even on WW and it is fine. I actually don't eat a lot but I really do believe it is my age combined with menopause just starting.

My cholesterol has also risen since last test a few years ago. Everything the doc suggested I NOT eat I was able to say "never touch it" or "hardly ever touch it".

My diet is good and I exercise most days. I do have a bit of chocolate sometimes and don't deprive myself of an occasional treat. I just don't eat rubbish as I don't enjoy eating rubbish. I just don't understand why I cannot lose these few kilos, and I'm long past wanting to get into a bikini :D, but I do want to stay healthy as I get older.

I know she does not NEED it.... Which is why I suggested, why not look at cutting out that un necessary stuff FIRST..........

actually try it, before saying, nah I have to go to extremes cause it won't work...

I totally agree ... the ice cream things was that at the end of a full day, going flat out, after dinner (and a wine or two) during chill out time I get a sugar craving ... hence the two squares of high coca chocolate that seems to control the craving - not dairy milk - can eat a family block of those in one sitting.

It's not always about denying - but rather change.

Well we're on day 4 of 7. I have lost 4 ks and my partner has lost 4 as well.
We feel great though that is the main result I was hoping for!

I'm not really over-weight as I said, but have been "Pigging out" a bit lately.

I've always ate fairly healthy. But I think the processed food which is pushed on us is to blame for a lot of social ill's. If the governments cracked down on the sugar pushers like they do with the illicit drug trade I think we'd see huge results in social behaviour.

Anyway! This diet is more of a De-tox than a weight reduction plan for me.

If anyone is interested? It's the "Fat burning diet" From the Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital.

But I think the processed food which is pushed on us is to blame for a lot of social ill's. If the governments cracked down on the sugar pushers like they do with the illicit drug trade I think we'd see huge results in social behaviour.

I know you are probably making a joke...
but everyone needs to take responsibility for what they eat.:D

A lot of it is hormones. I've tried all the diets under the sun. Got tested for a range of things and found to have had insulin resistance and some thyroid issues. Anyway started a regime 8 months ago starting at 27% BF. 8 months later down to 15% BF. Goal within the next 6 months down to 8% BF and will look extremely lean. Did weights before, cardio and all that with a clean diet and nothing moved. UNTIL I got the hormones sorted and then it stripped off.

oh and when getting thyroid checked don't waste your time on the usuals (well of course get them because for really bad thyroid issues they go astray) but get your Reverse T3 checked. Mine was extremely high. Went on T3 for 4 months and got it back to normal. In that time as well I stripped about 5% BF.

Anyway! This diet is more of a De-tox than a weight reduction plan for me.
\

I know detox diets seem to be all the rage but I've yet to find any real scientific results that support using them. The science is more critical of them saying that liver, kidneys, lungs and skin have evolved to rid the body sufficiently of contaminants and any positive feelings that people have is the change in diet, that includes reduced alcohol, caffeine and "cleaner" foods.
Do us a favor and bump this thread in a year to see if you've maintained the weight loss that you've enjoyed for the last couple of weeks.

I finished my 15 day juice only diet yesterday....except I had a very light breakfast each day which was 1 toast and vegemite, black tea and honey.....lost 7 kilos.

Want to go to the quack soon and check bp also as that was high in Dec.

!5 days! A bit harsh to be on juice all that time. I was on mine for 7 day's and had lost 5 KG's after the first 4 days.

I finished my 15 day juice only diet yesterday....except I had a very light breakfast each day which was 1 toast and vegemite, black tea and honey.....lost 7 kilos.

Unbelievable,I know if I did juice all day every day I also could have dropped that much weight in that time.

Congratulations,if you do that every two months,sky's the limit.
How do you feel now?

How are you reintegrating food back into your diet?
Its important to look at how you reintegrate food back into your diet after what is effectively a fast. Alot of people forget to think about that.
I think the idea is that it should take an additional 7-10 days to gradually reintroduce food.

Farrrrr out

Really, 7kg in 2weeks

That's insane!!!

Part of me thinks there has to e some sort of dehydration or similar involved

My gut feeling is that even if you reverted back to a calorie deficient super healthy diet you'd probably put back on 2kg straight away due to water retention and solid foods

Regardless well done!

How are you reintegrating food back into your diet?
Its important to look at how you reintegrate food back into your diet after what is effectively a fast. Alot of people forget to think about that.
I think the idea is that it should take an additional 7-10 days to gradually reintroduce food.

SamSiam I'm curious also.. Good luck with it! That sure is commitment to be fasting/juicing only for that long - I know I wouldn't want to have to commit to that!

Farrrrr out

Really, 7kg in 2weeks

That's insane!!!

Part of me thinks there has to e some sort of dehydration or similar involved

My gut feeling is that even if you reverted back to a calorie deficient super healthy diet you'd probably put back on 2kg straight away due to water retention and solid foods

Regardless well done!

I eat normally during the day and juice most nights and on weekends I eat normally and even drink some alcohol socially.

I haven't juiced for a few days now and the weight I have lost appears to be stable as I have been sitting just under 77kgs for over a week now,

This weekend I will juice and I will continue with this method until I reach my ideal weight of 72kgs,

I don't care if it takes another couple of months,
I have no side effects,no hunger,my body is so much more healthier and people are commenting regularly on my weight loss.

I am a believer :p

I eat normally during the day and juice most nights and on weekends I eat normally and even drink some alcohol socially.

I don't care if it takes another couple of months,
I have no side effects,no hunger,my body is so much more healthier and people are commenting regularly on my weight loss.

I am a believer :p

One juice meal a day seems like a perfectly healthy diet to me.. (except that you might get bored...). For me, it would not be so much about weight loss, as getting a very nutrition dense diet, which in the end is going to be more satisfying to your body and will tend to mean that you have no cravings/ hunger etc.

my concern was more with doing a juice fast and then going straight back onto regular food. In that case, I think Property Meister is correct, and most of the weight lost would be water, and it will just come straight back on. My concern with that approach is that I also think it stuffs up the metabolism, and can fairly quickly result in yo-yo dieting and weight gain.

Back