fat burning diet

Ok...sorry for long delay to reply...I've been busy eating.

Just kiddin.

I found the 5th day the hardest, felt like crap, tired and just wanted to sleep, woke up 6th day and felt much the same but I had to do some jobs and forced myself into them and within 30 minutes or so felt fine.

The start, say first few days or so, it is very hard, the smell of food drives you crazy....but you need to be strong and keep at it.

Drinking the juice will fill you up, so you will have no issues re being hungry after some time and what I did was keep a litre or so in the fridge and if feeling peckish, just grab a half a glass or such.

During the second half of the 15 days I started to have cravings for good foods....steamed vegies, fish and tuna sandwiches etc. No cravings for meat, steaks, pies or cakes and such....my tastes had changed.

On the day that I decided to eat...I did not really feel like eating, I wanted some juice, but I ate a light dinner of salad and such.

Over next few days I had things like tuna sandwiches, fish and salad, I had sausages and vegies on the 3rd night but it was half of what I would usually eat and I was full.

While not eating as much as before, this seems to be a natural feel and desire to not eat to much, rather than having to make a conscious decision every time. I did not purposefully reintroduce food over a 10 day period as suggested, but my gut is not quite normal as most others I think, little seems to effect it. However i did have a mild tummy...very mild...pain a couple of times.

Now 1 week after finishing I am still 7 kilos under the original weight...I can put 2 kilos back on over time if I want as wanted to only lose the 5 kilos. I am eating normally, but different foods, I snack on handfulls of dried sultanas, dried bananas and cranberries.

But the best thing from it all is the desire to eat good food, not that I did not eat good food before, but also ate a lot of other stuff and too much of all I guess. Now I only really want good stuff and less of it anyway.

The other best thing is that I had a knee operation before xmas and my blood pressure was high, it had been high and getting higher for 18 months.

I went to the doc 3 days ago and he said 'blood pressure normal'...it was the lowest and in quite a good range for the last 18 months at least.

So I believe I got 3 major benefits from having the willpower to do this 15 days and believe me, I did it hard with the wife and kids asking every day...'do you want dinner'...my kids waiving chips in front of my nose and such....but the 3 things are...

1. Loss of considerable weight.
2. Change in taste and desire of foods and amounts eaten.
3. Blood Pressure significant reduction.

If you are overweight, have some health issues perhaps relating to weight and possible BP issues....I would suggest highly trying it...it takes some mind power, but your attitude changes after a few days and it settles in and you enjoy it and relish the challenge.

The juice, if you find a good mix of fruits and vegies and perhaps add some honey if you like...I did...is full of micronutrients and is all you need to get on with normal life.

Another reason that I did it is that I do not like long drawn out processes.....like a 6 or 12 month diet would not work for me, too slow. I also hate regimented exercise for the sake of exercise, I detest gyms....so this quick hit solution worked well for me and had good results.....I intend to try to keep these results now as my normal range and improve on it with the desire to eat good now.

Exactly lizzie, in order to reduce weight and start burning the store of body fat we need to cut the high carbs/sugars from our daily intake and increase proteins and the green vegies / salads into our diets. The more carbs/sugars you eat your body has to burn those first BEFORE it will even get to work on burning the stores of body fat one has.

Eating proteins will increase your resting metabolism and therefore will burn more bodyfat even without the need to increase exercise.

I totally agree with this.
Over a year ago I decided I needed to loose some extra weight so I started the Dukan diet (similar to Atkins). Basically, eventually your eating habits will be more protein with vegetables (less carbs).
I have lost 9ks (in 3 months) and am still maintaining it after a year.
I think I read somewhere that healthy lifestyle is, "Eating right, eating less and exercising more".
Well I didn't exercize but as long as your diets limits carbs, sugar, eating more protein (you feel fuller by eating protein). My results improved too (the bad cholestrol went down). So I believe many illnesses or warnings can be cured with proper diet.
I now ocassionaly have wine, cake, fruit, etc.... but as long as you revert to eating mailny protein and vegetables I am the living proof that it worked (and I do like to cook too!).
By the way my sister did it too but she exercised too....

I'm into the 3rd week now. I stopped after1 week as I had lost 5 kgs and felt great. I've been half on it since I guess. I've kept the soup going but I'm eating more regular foods but no sugar and few carbs. Lots of fruit and veg, Fish and chicken.

So to date I've lost about 6.5 kgs and it's going down a little bit every day.

I havent read the whole thread, so sorry if i am repeating some stuff.

In all honesty, instead of crash dieting with meal replacements etc, just clean up what you eat, drop some carbs, and add in some low intensity workouts (or high-intensity interval training if you dont have the time) so save the muscle whilst targeting the fat.

I have had a lot of friends come and train with me, some with the correct diet/training regimen, and others with an incorrect one. Those who were patient and stuck to it long term have maintained the results, whilst those crash dieting with all the wonder supplements are in a worse off position than when they started, partly because of how terrible they felt while they did crash diet.

Hi,

Haven't read the entire thread as well, but I find reducing sugary food items like cakes and pastries, while eating properly (more protain, less carbs) worked for me.

Also, eating more often while having smaller portions worked well for me.

Went from 82 kgs to 73kgs over 12 months as a result. Little exercise as a result other than walking with my toddler son. General health via recent blood test appears good other than a little high on the polyunsaturated (bad) fat count; will be working on that by switching to olive oil and butter.

A friend went on the Paleo (caveman) lifestyle and went from 90kgs to 68kgs over 18 months; all he did was stuff his face with all of his favour meats (protein).

Note that I mentioned lifestyle, not diet, because dieting do not work is tends to be shortterm while lifestyle involves a complete change in way of living.

Regards,

Daniel

Agree, then thats worse for your teeth a dentist will say.

also worse for your shoes..... cause you have to walk further to the shop / fridge / kitchen more times a day

and worse for your shoes, means worse for your pocket too...

Obviously this is a dead end game with no solution

For those that juice seriously....I would like to add a tip if you are not already doing it.

The pulp that exits the juicer into its own container....when finished juicing....put it throught the juicer again and you will be surprised at how much more juice comes out.

I did a litres worth this morning and then put the pulp through and got another cup full.

For those that juice seriously....I would like to add a tip if you are not already doing it.

The pulp that exits the juicer into its own container....when finished juicing....put it throught the juicer again and you will be surprised at how much more juice comes out.

I did a litres worth this morning and then put the pulp through and got another cup full.

Now that's a frugal idea!!

Maybe add some flour(or something to bind it) to the remaining pulp and make health food breakfast bars. :D

Now that's a frugal idea!!

Maybe add some flour(or something to bind it) to the remaining pulp and make health food breakfast bars. :D

My understanding is that by adding flour, you would be pretty much negating the purpose of the diet.... but perhaps LSA or ground nuts would work to achieve a similar result.

But I have no idea about cooking, so please only try this as a far fetched experiment!!!! :D:D ... and I also imagine that would then not be such a frugal idea, as they are much more expensive than flour...

My understanding is that by adding flour, you would be pretty much negating the purpose of the diet.... but perhaps LSA or ground nuts would work to achieve a similar result.

But I have no idea about cooking, so please only try this as a far fetched experiment!!!! :D:D ... and I also imagine that would then not be such a frugal idea, as they are much more expensive than flour...

It was mostly a joke.:D

It came from when I was reading about making your own coconut milk, from bags of coconut.
After you added the water, and extracted the water and cream, someone wanted to use the pulp.

On the site it was suggested, the pulp be turned into coconut flour (and I forget how it goes exactly now) but they added some ingredients and made a sort of cookie/biscuit.

Ok..I just had to google again !!!
Recipes and Uses for pulp:
http://www.taylorusa.com/media/lit/Juicer-Pulp-Uses.pdf
http://www.all-about-juicing.com/recipes-using-juicer-pulp.html#anchor-name17

Interesting commentary on diets.

I too have headed down the 'no carbs, no sugar, no alcohol' path for the next 3 weeks, in conjunction with exercise and a supplement program. So things like organic eggs, organics meats (beef & chicken), salmon & smoked salmon, avocado, some nuts, steamed & raw vegetables are all on the agenda. Everything else is out....dairy, fruit included

Having up to 7 meals (albeit smaller ones) per day. That does take a little planning mind you.

My objective is to loose body fat and in the first week, although I have a caliper test to re-measure my body fat content in 3 weeks, I have already dropped 4kg, so I would assume some of this must be fat (bloody better!). Actually I can already tell the looser fit of jeans/pants. I am really surprised at the weight loss in such a short period of time..

Haven't had any sugar/card withdrawals yet...Does make going out or going over to friends places a challenge. ;)

Having up to 7 meals (albeit smaller ones) per day. That does take a little planning mind you.

Buz, you will find before too long that you won't be as hungry so eat when hungry not on a schedule.

Well done.

Definitely the diets that cut out carbs and sugar and concentrate on proteins & veg/salads is the way to go.

Been doing this 12mnths now and no hunger crashes ever and often skip lunch thru lack of hunger, even when doing quite physical work.

Bread is the hardest to give up but when I do indulge I make sure it's real butter going on it !!

Only one way to lose weight (other than surgery or medications)..... burn more calories than you consume. Simple.

The trick is to consume "good" calories in place of crap calories. Ie. nutrient rich.

Sure, there are certain proteins & enzymes that inhibit fat accumulation however, if you regularly burn more calories than you consume then this shouldn't be an issue for most people. Very few people have a legitimate metabolic medical condition that precludes such a phenomenon.... ;)

Nope, a change in body composition is directed by hormonal response to diet and lifestyle.

Its entirely possible to increase Cals and lose weight, and decrease Cals and gain weight.

A calorie can not be nutrient rich, that is an incoherent statement.

Best way to lose weight is eat less sugar/carbs and eat more protein foods more regularly....at least 6 times a day. Eating protein type foods increases your resting metabolism and by eating less sugars/carbs your store of fat cells are burnt faster due to not having to burn the sugars/carbs first. Carbs/Sugars get burnt before fat cells. So the less of those you put in your mouth the faster your metabolism can get to work converting fat to energy.

Meal regularity is less relevant than your total food intake per day.

Protein does not directly increase resting metabolism.

Saying sugar gets burnt before fat cells only makes sense if you are talking about glycogen, but Im assuming you are talking about dietary sugar.

I finished my 15 day juice only diet yesterday....except I had a very light breakfast each day which was 1 toast and vegemite, black tea and honey.....lost 7 kilos.

Want to go to the quack soon and check bp also as that was high in Dec.

That would be almost entirely water weight that you lost. Its entirely possible you have gained fat due to starvation

Back