For all you Perth investors

I personally wouldnt live in duncraig as it is so damn far away but i can see its appeal. Prices also seem fairly reasonable considering its proximity to hillarys etc

More of the same news

Fresh optimism has hit the economy as Perth property prices surge and the sharemarket soars to a 22-month high.

The Real Estate Institute of WA said the $495,000 median house price was just $7500 shy of the all-time high after a 2.3 per cent rise last year, which was on par with WA's inflation rate.

Research groups Australian Property Monitors and RP Data, which use different data to calculate price changes, this week reported Perth house price rose 6.1 and 2.7 per cent respectively in 2012.

Residential land sales hit their highest level since the boom peak in 2006, according to the Urban Development Institute of Australia.

UDIA said the biggest developers in Perth recorded a 23.4 per cent rise in land sales over the December quarter and 77 per cent more sales over the year.

The good news adds to a bull run on the stockmarket with the S&P/ASX200 yesterday closing at a 22-month high of 4921. A 10-day rally on the index last month added $75 billion to the value of Australia's 200 biggest companies.

The US and world (ex US) indexes have also had a good run of late

More of the same news

The US and world (ex US) indexes have also had a good run of late

Hi RW
Apparently top 10 performing suburbs for Dec quarter (Property Report West)

Mt Lawley
Calista
West Leederville
Middle Swan
Shenton Park
Madeley
Edgewater
Osborne Park
Mt Claremont
Carine

Its a real mixed bag.

Also article in West where RE agent Mt Lawley stating that the top end is moving, not from I can see plenty of high end properties not selling. What about other high end properties around town??

My g/friend sold this one 5 years ago for just over $3M, they have had this property on the market for over 12 months now at $2.75M and cant sell it

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+lawley-108056811

Cheers, MTR

wow everyones definitely been reading the papers and watching the news went to a few home opens today and they were packed going to get increasingly hard to buy now good time to sell!

Heading to Perth next weekend ...what is Perth's equivalent of Sydney's Mount Druitt or Brissy's Logan areas. Do the yields in those ugly duckling suburbs make sense ?

Thanks

Heading to Perth next weekend ...what is Perth's equivalent of Sydney's Mount Druitt or Brissy's Logan areas. Do the yields in those ugly duckling suburbs make sense ?

Thanks

Hi Cherry Pro
Not sure with regards to yields, as these areas have not been on my radar.

Cheapest Suburbs in Perth below..... at least its a start.....

If I was purchasing from this list I would pick Cooloongup, which is in Rockingham, beach area and has the rail. I think yields may be around 6-7%??

Medina
Brookdale
Calista
Armadale
Parmelia
Camillo
Cooloongup
Leda
Orelia
Maddington

Good luck:)
Cheers, MTR

Older homes or townhouses in Girrawheen, Balga, Mirrabooka
South east Maddington, Kenwick
...to the person who asked about more working class areas with good yields

Cheers

Hopefully it all pics up in the southern areas as well bought my first invesment property at secret harbour in July. How exciting.

Older homes or townhouses in Girrawheen, Balga, Mirrabooka
South east Maddington, Kenwick
...to the person who asked about more working class areas with good yields

Cheers

Hi Beijos
Older homes in Girrawheen, Mirrabooka and Balga have already moved as soon as something comes on the market they pretty much get snapped up.

Whats the supply /demand ratio like there atm?
Not to sure, We live in kalgoorlie an went down there one weekend an feel in love with the place, By the following Wednesday we had found a house we liked, It was bought in January 2012 for $450,000 and we bought it july 2012 for 390,000. The guy was in financial trouble. Its a pretty new 4x2 couple hundred meters from the beach an we currently have in tenanted for $440 a week. Its not so much a investment as in prob 10 or so years we will move down that way.

Hi Beijos
Older homes in Girrawheen, Mirrabooka and Balga have already moved as soon as something comes on the market they pretty much get snapped up.

Balga still has a few older houses with subdividable land still for sale.

I'm not to sure why Mirrabooka is selling so well, even before the talk of the light rail and I don't think they'll make it subdividable for at least 5 years.

Girrawheen, Koondoola are moving quick due to what were low prices and the rezoning.

Balga still has a few older houses with subdividable land still for sale.

I'm not to sure why Mirrabooka is selling so well, even before the talk of the light rail and I don't think they'll make it subdividable for at least 5 years.

Girrawheen, Koondoola are moving quick due to what were low prices and the rezoning.

Infrastructure and proximity to city, Mirrabooka is only 12-15 km from city where can you purchase for $330K+, low entry level, attractive for FHB and investors.

Just seen a properly for sale in duncraig for 629k with a weekly rent of $750. Would be a nice ppor for a few years, before turning into an ip.

Not to sure, We live in kalgoorlie an went down there one weekend an feel in love with the place, By the following Wednesday we had found a house we liked, It was bought in January 2012 for $450,000 and we bought it july 2012 for 390,000. The guy was in financial trouble. Its a pretty new 4x2 couple hundred meters from the beach an we currently have in tenanted for $440 a week. Its not so much a investment as in prob 10 or so years we will move down that way.

Sounds like you purchased very well, timing is everything:)

Back