Had a bit of road rage this morning..

I'm not obstructing anyone who is doing the right thing.

I, like 95% of the drivers, stay left, overtake and then get left again as soon as possible.

I only STAY in the right lane during my overtaking when the really speeding dudes insist on lining you up from a half a mile away before you can get over, and give you the "get out of my way" s.h.iit, or fly up my @rse and sit 2 feet from the bumper before I have any opportunity to get over (i.e; I haven't finished passing the car I am overtaking yet).

I know.

WE all know.

You've explained it quite clearly.

Waht we are saying is...

When you choose to do that....

IT's dangerous...

And it could be dangerous to innocent people on the road as well as you & the **** hole wanting to seped past you in the right lane....

But I'm pretty sure you understood that already. I mean, I know I'm apparently hard to understand me, but surely you 8understood the other people who don't have the grammatical / language / spelling & typing issues I have...

Do you understand why overtaking via the left lane is considered more dangerous ?

All I'm saying is you it safer for "everyone" if you would just get into the left lane and not try & stop those *********s / annoy them whatever cause that can be dangerous and cause innocent people to be hurt if not you or the *********s.

If I am doing 105kmph and overtaking someone (and that is as fast as go in order to overtake), and another driver is sitting 2 feet from my bumper bar before I have even had the chance to change into the left lane...who is being dangerous?

For the record; I haven't had a prang since 1991, and haven't had a speeding fine since 2001 (67kmph in a 60 zone on a duel lane in both directions main road at 5.00am - are the cops serious??).
And no; before you say it; I'm not one of those old grannies who drive too SLOW and give everyone the sheets...I drive at the speed limit because getting speeding fines is a bloody waste of money.

Do you understand why overtaking via the left lane is considered more dangerous ?

I lived in LA for 2 years where everyone does 80mph on 5 lane freeways, and plenty of folk overtake from every lane (except the far right lane which is for the slow coaches).

I have also overtaken on the inside lane here in Aus (to go around the slow-coach right lane hog) plenty of times.

I'm going to rephrase this for you, before Jaycee has a heart attack:

Bayview's Subconscious said:
I'm not obstructing anyone who is doing the right thing. I only obstruct those who are doing the wrong thing, by doing the wrong thing myself. However, because they did the wrong thing first, my doing the wrong thing isn't actually wrong, because even though I am helping to increase the chances of a fatal accident in the vicinity, even if someone dies due to my actions, they aren't as dead as regular people because my heart was in the right place when I killed them and the wrong doers deserved it by golly.

them what is doin the wrong thing, have a propensity for doin the wrong thing,
just push the buttons and micheal douglas is falling down, (going nuts going nuts)
armed psycopathy & you cast as the last straw, that sent 'speed freak' out shootin
imdb movies synopsis said:
William (D-FENS) just wants to get home to see his daughter on her birthday. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be going right for him. First there's the traffic jam, then the unhelpful Korean shopkeeper who "doesn't give change". D-FENS begins to crack and starts to fight back against the every day "injustices" he encounters on his journey home.

I lived in LA for 2 years where everyone does 80mph on 5 lane freeways, and plenty of folk overtake from every lane (except the far right lane which is for the slow coaches).

I have also overtaken on the inside lane here in Aus (to go around the slow-coach right lane hog) plenty of times.

So that's a no I take it to understanding the reason for our road rules.

So that's a no I take it to understanding the reason for our road rules.

I get the reasons for road rules; safety and order.

That's why we have all those lovely speed cameras in such great spots where there is plenty of revenue to be had.;)

Many people don't even know the road rules that well, let alone understand the reasons for them, and/or simply break them anyway because they can get away with it.. Just look at how many folk are talking on their phones while driving these days...that's another topic of discussion I guess.

The classic I see these days is the person who is doin' the "trifecta"; talkin' on the phone while speeding and tailgating the "slow" driver in the right lane who is already over the speed limit themselves.:rolleyes:

This - I observe - all from the left lane as they go past the rest of us, and on an alarmingly regular basis. Just shows you how well the TAC ads work, hey?

But seriously; as far as I know, it isn't illegal to overtake another car from the left lane on either a 2 or 3 lane highway. Maybe not the norm, but still...

We have side mirrors to see what is coming up on the inside lanes, and we can also turn our head to look as well before doing so.

In normal circumstances the outer lanes would be going faster than the inside lanes, so to overtake in this manner would normally be relatively safe I would have thought.

Last edited:
I'm going to rephrase this for you, before Jaycee has a heart attack:
LOL! Loved it.

Originally Posted by Bayview's Subconscious
I'm not obstructing anyone who is doing the right thing. I only obstruct those who are doing the wrong thing, by doing the wrong thing myself. However, because they did the wrong thing first, my doing the wrong thing isn't actually wrong, because even though I am helping to increase the chances of a fatal accident in the vicinity, even if someone dies due to my actions, they aren't as dead as regular people because my heart was in the right place when I killed them and the wrong doers deserved it by golly.
I only obstruct those who are doing the wrong thing....BY ME, and it's only that one type of situation, every blue moon or less..

What they do to other drivers (which is probably the same stuff as they do to me) I can't be worried about; can't do much about it unfortunately without getting arrested.

Interestingly, in the USA I witnessed almost no road rage anywhere; no idiots tailgating others like we are discussing here, and so forth.

My opinion about this is that (possibly) everyone has a gun under their seat over there, so no-one wants to risk a confrontation as they could be dead in an eye-blink, and it wouldn't need to be done after everyone gets out of their cars at the next set of lights and starts fighting.

They would simply shoot you through the window if you upset them enough.

Pretty hard to do that here when the driver you are harassing only has a baseball bat or knife under the seat.

So here, we have brave heroes who antagonise drivers (tailgate) from the safety of their car, knowing they can drive off without too much fear of attack.

But seriously; as far as I know, it isn't illegal to overtake another car from the left lane on either a 2 or 3 lane highway. Maybe not the norm, but still...

We have side mirrors to see what is coming up on the inside lanes, and we can also turn our head to look as well before doing so.

In normal circumstances the outer lanes would be going faster than the inside lanes, so to overtake in this manner would normally be relatively safe I would have thought.
Incorrect.

Since the road rules state that you must keep left unless overtaking, overtaking from the inside lane obstructs someone in the right lane from getting back into the left lane. It may hence be considered dangerous driving.

I only obstruct those who are doing the wrong thing....BY ME, and it's only that one type of situation, every blue moon or less..

It doesn't matter how frequently or infrequently you do it. The point is that your behavior is at least as dangerous as that of those who you seek to "punish" (irritate), and also, the sheer wrongheadedness of your justification is appalling.

I don't mean to have a go at you Bayview, but I find your thoughts and actions juvenile, irrational, and to be honest, flat out stupid.

If you did cause an accident, I have no doubt that you'd fall over yourself apologizing, but in Greek there is a saying: "a sorry is half a f* you" - because if you really cared, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

I don't mean to have a go at you Bayview, but I find your thoughts and actions juvenile, irrational, and to be honest, flat out stupid.
I'd say you just did, wouldn't you?

And, I'm sure you meant it.

It'll probably be deleted as a personal attack, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Since the road rules state that you must keep left unless overtaking, overtaking from the inside lane obstructs someone in the right lane from getting back into the left lane. It may hence be considered dangerous driving.

So, if I am in the right lane behind a slower driver, who shows no intention of moving over to the left, and there is room for me to move into the left lane and, in so doing so, am going faster, then how is this deemed incorrect and illegal if I just happen to "overtake" that driver because I happen to be going faster?

Or, say I am behind the same slower driver in the right lane...What then is the rule if I am going at the same speed as them, but change over into the left (because I am not supposed to be in the right lane unless overtaking), and then after I have moved over to the left lane I then accelerate and pass the slower driver in the right lane?

It could be called simply "passing" the other driver in this case, yes?

Another question; if two drivers are in the right lane, and one is tailgating the other, and they drive past a traffic cop who sees this, who would the cop pull over and issue a fine to?

There is a world of difference between a personal attack, and an observation.

I think you should have a bit of an introspect.

Don't need to; plenty here to do it for me all the time. :D

I'm well aware I'm way off centre, and those who've been around here as long as I have here know it.

They're the ones who've put me on ignore and move on. :eek::)

You don't know me well yet, but you'll work me out after a time I'm sure..

Don't need to; plenty here to do it for me all the time. :D

I'm well aware I'm way off centre, and those who've been around here as long as I have here know it.

They're the ones who've put me on ignore and move on. :eek::)

You don't know me well yet, but you'll work me out after a time I'm sure..

That's not how introspection works.

I don't think that you are "way off center", since that is a euphemism. As I said earlier, I think that you are juvenile, irrational, and (sometimes) act outright stupidly.

You know, what I find troubling about the whole thing is that people aren't having a go at you directly. They're saying "hey - what you're doing is dangerous, think about it for a minute" and to that, you respond "Well, I'm way off center doncha know, and tha other fellers round hear poot me on eegnore" in a bantering tone.

Well frankly speaking I don't find it funny. You're a grown man driving a vehicle at high speeds, and your irresponsible actions are liable to splatter someones child all over the road. You're on a property investment board, which most associate with responsibility, intelligence, and success, yet act like a petulant child.

Snap out of it. The stuff you do is neither funny, nor a game.

That's not how introspection works.
in·tro·spec·tion/ˌintrəˈspekSHən/
Noun:
The examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes: "quiet introspection can be extremely valuable".

Well frankly speaking I don't find it funny. You're a grown man driving a vehicle at high speeds, and your irresponsible actions are liable to splatter someones child all over the road.

So, let me get this straight; I'm overtaking a car/cars on the outside lane - doing approx 100-105km/h....

Whilst I am overtaking, some dude comes roaring up the right lane doing way more than I, and after catching up sits less than 5 metres from my bumper bar and it's me who is driving dangerously?

I continue on at the same speed and in the same lane for a bit longer, and the dude continues to sit up my backside, and it's me who is driving dangerously?

Whether I get over to the left or not, because I'm being tailgated means I'm driving dangerously?

And, after a few secs or so of this, I then get over to the left lane and the dude continues to scream on at higher speed than my 105km/h and it's ME who is driving dangerously then?

So it's MY actions which are going to splatter someone's kid all over the road because I'm being harassed by some dude?

Tell me this then; what is the status of the dude who is doing the speeding and tailgating who has his kids in the car?

Come on OA; give it a rest.

in·tro·spec·tion/ˌintrəˈspekSHən/
Noun:
The examination or observation of one's own mental and emotional processes: "quiet introspection can be extremely valuable".

So, let me get this straight; I'm overtaking a car/cars on the outside lane - doing approx 100-105km/h....

Whilst I am overtaking, some dude comes roaring up the right lane doing way more than I, and after catching up sits less than 5 metres from my bumper bar and it's me who is driving dangerously?

I continue on at the same speed and in the same lane for a bit longer,
and the dude continues to sit up my backside, and it's me who is driving dangerously?

Whether I get over to the left or not, because I'm being tailgated means I'm driving dangerously?

And, after a few secs or so of this, I then get over to the left lane and the dude continues to scream on at higher speed than my 105km/h and it's ME who is driving dangerously then?

So it's MY actions which are going to splatter someone's kid all over the road because I'm being harassed by some dude?

Tell me this then; what is the status of the dude who is doing the speeding and tailgating who has his kids in the car? The status is probably well described as a bit of an idiot

Come on OA; give it a rest.

Yes you are both driving dangerously according to the road rules.

Back