Headaches

Ha, yea I can see your point.

I don't 'stink' much, I actually just smelled my armpits to see actually and 24 hours on I can still smell the Rexona so thats why I don't use it every day. If it is the deoderant I'm not sure how I'll get around the stench thing... but its either that or put up with splitting headaches every second day.

So far so good.

Also Rob, very interesting post on the high altitude. A good excuse for a holiday perhaps? :D

Also suggested was grinding teeth, I went to the dentist not long ago for the first time in 10 years (I know its a long time) my teeth are good but they did say I'm a grinder and I try not to but sometimes just don't even notice I'm doing it so it probarbly happens in my sleep also.

Are you sure its not the buzzing from the flies then?? lol...sorry i cant contain myself....

every few days???? gees!

good luck with it.

W2W -"I actually just smelled my armpits to see actually and 24 hours on I can still smell the Rexona"

Stop smelling your armpits.:)

Cheers

Pete

Also you should make sure they are not migranes. I have known people who tell me they have headaches all the time but when questioned they are actually migranes which I think could mean something altogether different.

If your "headaches" are on one side of the head (with throbbing pain behind the eye) then they are probably migranes.

below is generic information for cervicogenic headache and you should see a health professional to confirm any issue raised below.

how many hours do you spend at a desk or computer a week?
how many hours of sleep per night do you average?

have you ever had trauma involving your head, neck, or upper back?
is your balance ok?
do you have pins and needles or weakness in the arms or anywhere else in the body?

is there any history of unusual arthritis in your family, not osteoarthritis.
how long have you been getting headaches?
have you bought a new bed?
do you travel a lot with work?
what sport did you play when younger, and now?
are you overweight?
do you have hypertension or a history of heart or lung illness (asthma)

where do you feel the headaches?
top, back, or sides of the skull?
above the ears and behind one or both eyes, one side worse than the other?
does it feel like a tight band around your head?

common causes of insidious headache are :
- dehydration (have 500ml first thing in the morning and at least 2litres pre day in addition to caffeine...basically keep your urine lighter than chardonnay)
- compromised sustained sitting posture with poked chin and rounded shoulders....an increase in hours working in such a position
- fatigue
- blood sugar instability
- elevated psychoemotional stress
- minor allergies (dry air, dustmite, dust, chipboard)
- hypertension

therapies
- drink a litre of water when you feel it coming on.
- put 12 cubes of crushed ice into a wet tea towel and place at the top of your neck just under skull, lie down for 30 mins. repeat after 15 minutes 2-3 times.
- take voltaren antiinflammatory
- when the pain settles get a physio or chiro or osteo to :
-crack your neck it they thnk it needs it
-mobilize or loosen C01,12, 23, 67, C7T1, 12 joints of the spine. they need to work these joints firmly.
- cervical traction
- exercise involving stretching of cervical and thoracic joints, and contraction stretching of shoulder and back muscles.
- any therapist skilled in acupuncture for cervicogenic headache.

therapies not recommended
- heat when pain is greater than 3/10. use ice instead
- electrotherapy, magnetic therapy, and ultrasound used by physios
- trigger point/acupuncture guns used by chiros
- general massage...(it has to be specific and involve the joints)

Are you using spray deoderant? Try roll-on instead with least scent and see if that makes a diff. You might have to start using it every day though. If you can still smell it after 3 days it must be strong!

If you are not too smelly, why not try a crystal instead of a deodorant. I use both and if I am just going to be at home, I use the crystal. You get them where you buy deodorant. You wet the crystal under the tap and rub it on like deodorant. I find it works well mostly. I don't trust it enough to go out for a day though. It works by neutralising the bacteria in sweat. Not sure how men would go with hairy armpits, but worth a try, especially if the deodorant may be causing headaches (?). I particularly like to use it when I am exercising because I like to think the sweat my body produces is allowed to get out, rather than be artificially kept in by an anti-persperant.

My middle boy uses a spray can deoderant which I make him apply outside because it permeates the whole house and gets right into the back of my nose. He thinks I am being silly, but the propellant in those cans hangs around stinking up the place unless he uses it outside.

My middle boy uses a spray can deoderant which I make him apply outside because it permeates the whole house and gets right into the back of my nose. He thinks I am being silly, but the propellant in those cans hangs around stinking up the place unless he uses it outside.

They're lethal aren't they! I've kicked my hubby out to the kitchen to spray.

If you think one male spraying those deodorants is bad imagine a group of teens congregating at your place before they go out to a party deciding they'll all put some on.

Happened a few times and it's not pleasant :mad:.

As I type 16yo son has 3 cans of Lynx and a Rexona men aerosol in his room and 10 yo has one Lynx and one Rexona men roll on (given to him by big bro but thankfully never thinks to put them on) :rolleyes:.

I don't 'stink' much, I actually just smelled my armpits to see

Hey Want2bewealthy, I'm sure you smell like petunias but have you ever noticed that the stinkiest people seem to be oblivious to their own stench...?

There have been people (including very highly qualified, highly paid 'professionals' that I work with) who consistently day on day have such bad BO that I need to step back - i.e, they haven't just come in from a run.

Just some food for thought while we're being self-referential.

If you think one male spraying those deodorants is bad imagine a group of teens congregating at your place before they go out to a party deciding they'll all put some on.

Happened a few times and it's not pleasant :mad:.

As I type 16yo son has 3 cans of Lynx and a Rexona men aerosol in his room and 10 yo has one Lynx and one Rexona men roll on (given to him by big bro but thankfully never thinks to put them on) :rolleyes:.

I smell Man Skank

Dave

Hey Want2bewealthy, I'm sure you smell like petunias but have you ever noticed that the stinkiest people seem to be oblivious to their own stench...?

There have been people (including very highly qualified, highly paid 'professionals' that I work with) who consistently day on day have such bad BO that I need to step back - i.e, they haven't just come in from a run.

Just some food for thought while we're being self-referential.

In defense for W2BW - the man don't stink. And I never knew he was less inclined to spray before his day! :confused:

Mrs got bad migrains from dark chocolate and orange juice. Stopped eating these and went from 3 episodes a week to a couple a month. Chiro visit every quarter and inserts in the shoes (she's flat footed) and hasn't had a migrain in almost a year.

My free consultation will cost $110 thankyou. :)

Get your eyes checked !!

Best advice I was ever given...lost that headache almost straight away after obtaining reading glasses.......if you read a heap either books, on the computer etc...go have a quick test!

Now my only headache is pleasing the "cook" as to where we go each year for holidays! :)

good luck with it!

I had the same situation. I was getting regular headaches, but my vision seemed fine to me. But when I got my eyes checked, I had astigmatism, which though very mild, was clearly having an impact. Glasses fixed the headaches straight away.
I also get headaches from a neck problem I have. They are only fixed with neurofen.
Pen

what other meds have you tried apart from nurofen?

most painkillers...
Neurofen seem to be most effective and fast. To get rid of the headache, I would need to take 3 -4 panadols or aspirin etc over several hours. Whereas 2 neurofen work, in around 30mins to 1 hour.
when I get these headaches, I also need to lie down and stretch my neck, or put a roll under my upper back to relieve the muscle tension.
Pen

I used to get a lot of migrains after a back injury. I found mersyndol fantastic and take it as soon as your vision starts changing. A wet flannel/washer on head, dark, quite room and rest too.

Last edited:
I have heard that continued use of neurofen will actually bring on headaches. Mersyndol - oh just 1 tablet puts me sleep.......

Don't forget these.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/ and

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/cluster_headache/article_em.htm

I used to get them, not much helps except age. They tend to occur less frequently as you age and I have not had one for some 12 months now. I got the first one at age 24 and lived with them for some 30 years. They become so real as to take on a physical shape with which/whom I used to talk, argue and fight.

No triggers, no regularity, they just happen in the middle of a conversation or sleep, no way to prepare.

Anyway, check it out.

Cheers and good luck.

Chrisv.

Back