Henry Kaye

W

WebBoard

Henry Kaye 4 Day Seminars
Date: 14 Feb 2001
Time: 23:29:17

I want to attend Henry Kaye's 4 Day seminar in Melbourne from 20 April to 23 April. The cost is $ 385 registration and then $ 395 per month for 24 months. Can anyone plese tell me if this is too expensive or are his seminars worth the $10,000. The information which you get seems to cover almost everything you would need to know. Would appreciate any constructive comments from previous graduates of the seminar. Hope you all had a great Valentines Day. Thanking you for your help. Jenny Ayres.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam

Reply: 1

Re: Henry Kaye 4 Day Seminars
Date: 15 Feb 2001
Time: 09:51:52

We have found Peter Spann's seminars which cover long-term, buy&hold residential property investment strategies and income-generating sharemarket strategies to be worth the $2000 we have invested so far (we bought the videos and manuals/tapes so we can study at home rather than get a oneoff burst of info). He teaches similar things to Jan Somers (and recommends her books and s/ware). The contact details are Freeman Fox, 10 BAy St, Double Bay. Phone 1800 000 369. We feel a lot more knowledgeable about buying our next investment property successfully!

John (Brisbane)

Reply: 1.1

Time: 11:39:48

Hi Jenny,

I've done HK's 4 day seminar and I am using some of his strategies. $10k for 4 days?? Wow, the CPI is out of control isn't. Contact me on [email protected] with some details of your personal situation and I will give you some UNBIASED insights on what his course may offer you.

Gabriel

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 12:08:51

I too completed HK's 4 day seminar in Nov last year and am starting to put the strategies in place. The $10K which Jenny will be up for includes much more than just 4 day seminar. Included in that price is a mutli-media CD pack, an angel property buying service and a few other smaller scaled seminars, as well as the 4 day seminar. It is a new program all together so it wouldn't be fair comparing "apples to apples".

Regards, Gabriel

Paul Murphy

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Date: 16 Feb 2001
Time: 16:46:19

Gabriel,

I would be very keen to have a chat with you about the HK course you took. If you are interested in having a chat, please send me an email.

Paul [email protected]

Chris

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Time: 12:22:11

Gabriel

How successful have you been in implementing Henry's strategies and can you see this leading to becoming a full-time property investor if you so wished? Was the "old" 3 and 1/2 day seminar sufficient or would you recommend undertaking the "new" longer course?

Regards, Chris

Gabriel

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 14:25:11

Hi Chris,

It's still early days for me as I am doing my due diligence on several areas/properties, having not had an opportunity to act much earlier. On that basis, I'm no where near ready to be a full-time Property Investor but I believe if you want quick results, you would need to dedicate yourself to it full-time, or pay someone to do it for you.

The new course structure looks like a better option as it is an ongoing thing for 12 months, although parting with $10K is not easy for some. The 'old' 3.5 day seminar was a alot to takin in a short period and even now, I need to constantly refer to my notes.

Regards, Gabriel

Chris

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 16:37:06

Gabriel

Thanks for your thoughts on the HK course. I have already had some feedback from John in Brisbane and appreciate both of your comments. I am looking forward to learning as much as I possibly can in order to one day devoting my time fully to property investment in some form or other. All the very best to you for the future.

Regards, Chris

Nigel W

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Show us the money! (long post)
Time: 19:35:33

Please excuse my cynicism but these expensive seminars are, in my view, a complete waste of time for 99.9% of people - and particularly if you're a newbie.

Thus, I call upon everybody who's done one of these $3K+ courses to step up to the plate and say how much they've made by using these strategies. I rather suspect that a comparison will reveal the experienced players using tried and tested methods will beat their returns hands down.

IMHO most people would be far better off buying a range of property investment books which cover a variety of strategies (say the Somers books for buy and hold, maybe the 7 steps to wealth for its twist, burley's australian book, some renovation books, talk to their lawyer about the lease/option concept if that appeals etc) at a TOTAL cost of probably $500-600 bucks tops rather than spending 5-10 grand on some "hi energy" glitzy seminar.

Then use the rest of your $5-10K for a deposit once you've read the books, digested and evaluated them, decided your goals and strategy, and done your suburb and price research.

Whilst I can't (and won't) make any comment about any particular "guru" presenter the environment in which these presenters give the information is not conducive to 99% of people critically evaluating it and are often flawed or excessively risky.

Whilst I'm the first one to agree you need to work on your attitude to wealth creation and believe in yourself, what tends to happen at these seminars is that anyone who criticizes the "guru's" strategy is either howled down as some sort of "negative - close minded chicken little" whose "attitude" blocks them becoming wealthy or worse the legitimate flaws in the plan are brushed aside by a few glib responses.

The other response from people will probably be "but I'm spending on my financial education and that is the most valuable thing I can do". (BTW this is usually expressed with almost religious fervor by the people who've read the Kiyosaki books etc and not done much else) I agree - financial education is very important but so is experience and if you "educate" yourself into the poorhouse you'll never get to put that knowledge into action.

Have I been burnt by these seminars - NO. But I've spoken to a number of people who have. They wanted to fly before they could even crawl when it came to property investment. They didn't understand the basics like the difference between P&I and I/O loans but wanted to jump into wraps/flips/trading/massive gearing and off the plan deals. This is just another example of the fast buck-greed approach that trips people up when the seminar brochure has the guru pictured with their luxury car/house/yacht/island etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a 90yr old millionaire when I'm too old to enjoy it - but you can't implement advanced fast track strategies without the fundamentals and I don't think the place to learn the fundamentals is in a 4 day class. The most COST EFFECTIVE method to do that is get some basic knowledge under your belt from good old fashioned reading and bloody invest in property and learn from the process rather than just talking about shifting stuff to your asset column blah blah blah.

These supercharged seminars might give just one useful tidbit of info to experienced players but like every other investment, you've got to look at the return on investment. For these expensive seminars that Return is very low in my view.

Excuse my ramblings...Perhaps I'm speaking out of turn but I think its CRIMINAL that people are paying so much money for information which they are not experienced enough or capable of putting into use.

ps. why is it that the Kaye promotional material never lists names and ACN's of the companies he has established, listed on the ASX, supercharged their revenues etc?

"overpriced Guru" advocates please show us the money! (Remember I'm not asking what the guru has done - we want to know what YOU have achieved through implementation of the strategies you paid a hefty sum to learn.

Cheers N.

dhjb

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Show us the money! (long post)
Time: 22:14:50

Very well said. I work as a Financial Planner, and basically, if you give advice to clients without weighing up their current situation, risk profiles, assets and liabilities, and experience, you can get fined or go to jail. These gurus promise the world, effectively giving advice without a clue on how dangerous it can be for the recipient of the information, and get away with it. Like you said, the recipients are talking advanced strategies before they know the basic ones, especially basic strategies such as managing your money. You should learn to crawl before you walk. Just remember, success is 10% inspiration, 90% perspiration, not the other way around. dhjb

Gee Cee

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Show us the money! (long post)
Time: 20:08:48

Have not been to any of these. Most likely never will.

Wish I was runnning them.

Talk about POSITIVE CASH FLOW $$$

Marshall

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 21:44:20

Jenny

If Henry has been so successful in creating wealth through investing in residential property - why charge over $300 per month for 24 months?

As GC said....what a positive cash flow!

Back