How awesome are chipotle peppers and sauce?

How awesome are Chipotle Peppers and Sauces?

• Awesome! I sometimes wonder what life would be like if we had voted in Chipotle Peppers as PM.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Very Good, infact I think they are awesome, but I'm to afraid to ever call anything Awesome.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not bad. Yeah they are alright but I wouldn't write home to mum about them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a wuss and thus I hate anything related to Chilli.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is a very very very important poll that everyone should vote in. If you don't you will most likely receive a fine from ATO.

You need an extra poll response of.. 'I dont know what you're talking about'

What are these peppers and sauces and where do you buy them?

I don't understand why I nothing about this.
I must check this out:)

theyre just smoked jalapenos, delicious

it is a lot easier to buy nowadays be it the whole chilli, ground and in adobo. i recommend always having a tin of chipotle in adobo in your pantry, even just blitzed up with mayo and lime juice works very well or use it as part of a marinade

Last edited:
Chipotle sauce is the best thing ever.

I've yet to find anyone selling something similar to Subways version. Any more enlightened people?

theyre just smoked jalapenos, delicious

it is a lot easier to buy nowadays be it the whole chilli, ground and in adobo. i recommend always having a tin of chipotle in adobo in your pantry, even just blitzed up with mayo and lime juice works very well or as part of a marinade

Is there nothing you don't know about food, are you secretly some amazing chef who just happens to dabble in real estate. ;)

That's it, this week I am going hunting for this stuff.

Cheers
MTR

The chillie in adobo sauce is wonderful. It's got a good bite but not overwhelming- it has the flavour of the smoking to give it a great taste. It's available from fireworksfoods.com.au - but as with many mail order, the postage for a small quantity can make it a bit expensive. They do have dried chipotle and sometimes chipotle powder. Of course, Canberra people could get some from us at the Old Bus Depot Markets (on order) ;-)

As for the Subway sauce- that was always my favourite. It also has the highest calories unfortunately. Topsecretrecipes.com purports to give good imitations of all sorts of lines. However the chipotle sauce recipe does require the powder which is not always in stock.

Try this one it works well ...

http://byronbaychilli.com/
They have some good hot sauces, and a mango sauce with chipotle, but not a chipotle sauce as far as I can see.

A smoked dried chipotle has a real flavour and smell- a sort of tobacco characteristic. It has heat but not enough to overwhelm the flavour.

Habanero, on the other hand, as mentioned on your link, is very hot. It's worth checking some of the Youtubes with habanero.

GeoffW, there was a Lady that would turn up at the ShannonMarkets every now and again with different types of Chilli sauces homemadethat they were growing and as I don't know a lot about them ,but one small tea-spoon would make you cry-burn-and just about passout very quickly all with 15 seconds..
http://thechannonmarket.org.au/

Is there nothing you don't know about food, are you secretly some amazing chef who just happens to dabble in real estate. ;)

That's it, this week I am going hunting for this stuff.

Cheers
MTR

Haha food is the only thing im as passionate about as property, has been an obsession since i was in primary school. ive got heaps of friends in the food and booze industry, am prob 6-12 months away from joining it myself.

you live in mt lawley dont you? spanish flavours in mt hawthorn has a good range of mexican condiments, chillies etc including the la morena chipotle in adobo. also among the best chorizo in australia (rodriguez brothers from NSW).

fresh provisions may have it too but the dried mexican chillies and powder they have are likely to be from the grocer and eeeeexxxpensive. kakulas and angry almond usually have some nowadays too, as does the spice shop at subi markets, it is a lot easier to buy south american ingredients now.

+1 for the Tabasco Chipotle sauce. I used it like barbecue sauce and it was easily far superior to any others.
At $8 for a little bottle it wasn't cheap so no wonder it disappeared from the Coles shelves. If you can find some get some.

Back