I bought my dream car!

Yeah, I placed an order with a 3 month ETA. That blew into 6 months, then 12 months.

Cancelled the order and bought a new dealer stock that was basically identical for a good price interstate.

WRX is a good choice. I was looking at one as well, but insurance was a killer. Insurance on the R is actually cheaper than a GTI.

Interesting. I found insurance quite reasonable (well under $1000/yr).

The R was nicer inside, but the WRX has a rawness that's just intoxicating.

I was stopped by a Landcruiser driver on the road down to Sofala. Apparently it is a 4WD track and only real cars can do it.

Being a local I'm sure you can appreciate the humour in that comment.

It's a good quality dirt road. A Porsche could do it without a problem.

The Bridle Track? Yeah, i'd recommend it as a nice scenic drive for my grandmother on a Sunday arvo, in her civic, though i don't particularly like my Gran ;)

Just kidding Gran!!!

The Bridle Track? Yeah, i'd recommend it as a nice scenic drive for my grandmother on a Sunday arvo, in her civic, though i don't particularly like my Gran ;)

Just kidding Gran!!!

Why did I say Sofala when I clearly meant Ophir. Whoops. Make sense now?

I'm under 30. Insurance on the R was $1150. The WRX was around double. The GTI in between. I don't even begin to understand insurance.

Found the Touareg not as good off-road as i thought a few weeks ago! Though admitedly, most things would have got stuck here...

Got to get the real off road version :D

The Y-man

Attachments

• touareg_dakar_1.jpg
    touareg_dakar_1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 43
  • eurp_1008_03_o+2011_dakar_touareg+interior.jpg
    eurp_1008_03_o+2011_dakar_touareg+interior.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 49
My first amazing Mercedes Benz customer experience

Best day on Friday of this week end - after years of saving and planning I bought my first Mercedes Benz cash. Still conservative in my PI outlook to manage holding costs so thought to go for something not too extravagant - the B class tourer - bright red with loads of extras such as exterior chrome finish; sports alloy wheels and loads more.

Decided to go for a ex demo and saved $$'s - to the point that it cost the same to upgrade to the Merc than from my Subaru 2007 Forester to a 2011 model. In total the cost on the road was $37,000 (difference to pay with trade in was $20K) which I paid cash for from savings.

This has meant not compromising my property portfolio yet putting me in a dream new Merc driving experience.

The guys at the MB Maroochydore Showroom were amazing - made me feel so fantastic and many laughs on the pick up day. It only got better - I learnt that due to the place of my employment I qualified for the Corporate client package which has meant that instead of fearing my MB servicing costs I receive FREE car servicing for 3 years and FREE off road car assistance for 4 years.

An amazing experience for me as I have been working so hard and so diligently with never buying unnecessary things for years to ensure all my $'s go to my property portfolio and servicing costs.

One bloody happy Merc owner

Back