Ikea, Home Master, Bunnings

Here are some pictures of our Ikea job

We also added a study desk and if youve seen the block recently old mate magazine block lost his bananas over a desk in the kitchen. This was something that the kitchen guys had some issues with as its not the "norm"

Attachments

• 20140130_203427.jpg
    20140130_203427.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 20140130_203430.jpg
    20140130_203430.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 278
  • 20140130_203459.jpg
    20140130_203459.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 271
  • 20140130_203537.jpg
    20140130_203537.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 252
From my own experience I would never touch vinyl (vacuum form) doors again. Laminate, melamine with PVC edge or polyurethane only. I think the gloss ones in Bunnings are a type of melamine rather than laminate - although it looks like laminate.

I did my kitchen at home in vinyl supplied by company which has the best name at the time for quality - did a lot of research. 18 months later their name was mud, would not honour warranty or even respond to Fair Trading who had a lot of complaints. It was lifting without any external forces contributing.

FYI, vinyl is prone to lift and pull away/shrink if exposed to steam/heat. A tenant boiling a kettle under a wall cabinet can stuff a door easy. Possibly a bit better technology today, but would never risk a gain. I was concerned poly would chip easy, but its quite tough actually and gets harder with age.

We get poly doors. Never had a problem and we've bought over a dozen.

For under $3K (supply only) you can't go wrong.:D

Bugger screwing together flat pack kitchens for that price. And made to YOUR requirements, not trying to fit in what they have.
Downside you have to wait 6 weeks for it to be made.

Attachments

• kitchen8.jpg
    kitchen8.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 438
  • kitchen6.jpg
    kitchen6.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 210
Appliances separate. Go to Grays online! I love that site, just wait for the right appliances to come up. Our check Bunnings, they seem to have heaps now, possibly dearer than chasing bargains off Grays but stock is there ready for you

Hi, not sure if you are in Sydney or not but i use a place called Good Kitchen and Bathroom on Canterbury rd, Punchbowl. Ph:97290688 The last kitchen I purchased there was $2800 for a 4m long L-shaped kitchen with soft close cupboards and a stone bench top. Great quality kitchen, the one thing I don't like is there handles so i purchased some other ones.

Just take in your measurements and they draw you up plans and generally it takes 2 weeks to get.

You do have to pay extra for installation and cutting of the bench top but they end up great! Ive attached a picture so you can have a look (although its not a close up)

Attachments

• GetFile.do.jpeg
    GetFile.do.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 216
Hi, not sure if you are in Sydney or not but i use a place called Good Kitchen and Bathroom on Canterbury rd, Punchbowl. Ph:97290688 The last kitchen I purchased there was $2800 for a 4m long L-shaped kitchen with soft close cupboards and a stone bench top. Great quality kitchen, the one thing I don't like is there handles so i purchased some other ones.

Just take in your measurements and they draw you up plans and generally it takes 2 weeks to get.

You do have to pay extra for installation and cutting of the bench top but they end up great! Ive attached a picture so you can have a look (although its not a close up)

These also come as complete cupboards so no putting them together!

We get poly doors. Never had a problem and we've bought over a dozen.

For under $3K (supply only) you can't go wrong.:D

Bugger screwing together flat pack kitchens for that price. And made to YOUR requirements, not trying to fit in what they have.
Downside you have to wait 6 weeks for it to be made.

Just wondering where you bought yours from? Looking at doing a kitchen now. Thanks!

i got my kitchen from a kitchen installer i paid a bit more but i was happy with the quality of what i got. i didnt get much just a replace job but id definately like to make the kitchen bigger! and have more storage as i have plenty of space to do so!

white kitchens will always be in and never date!

Neeko

I'm using a smaller local guy and he's cheaper than all the majors with a better warranty and much better quality.

look for the little guy too.

Back