Is it time for Frankston?

... a respectable asking price considering that it needs re-stumping and renos completed.

They did a decent job on the kitchen - actually looks pretty good with that white brick on the inside.

This is the sort of stuff I think is good value in Frankston.

Barely $300,000 and good for eventual subdivision someday.

With a bit of patience, Capital Gain is assured.

The salesman, Dowell, is a gun for hire. If you are a cheapskate buyer and serious to committ, give him a call and he will talk down sellers to meet your needs.

A couple of quick questions about Frankston:
  • Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
  • Any areas in particular to avoid?
  • Any particular areas that are likely to benefit from commenced or confirmed infrastructure projects?

As an aside these are the 'major projetcs' listed on the frankston city council website:
  • Banyan Fields Child and Family Centre
  • East and West ends of Wells Street
  • New Frankston Park Function Centre
  • New Public Toilets
  • New Robinsons Park Pavilion
  • New Yacht Club Building
  • Principal Pedestrian Network Demonstration
Are these projects likely to deliver capital growth, or have I missed something altogether? (my gut says that these type projects wouldn't have a great deal of influence on capital growth in the region)

I was thinking of going down next week end:D

Have a good look around

This place has got me interested

plenty of motorways, so it shouldn't take too long from Melb

A couple of quick questions about Frankston:
  • Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
  • Any areas in particular to avoid?
  • Any particular areas that are likely to benefit from commenced or confirmed infrastructure projects?

As an aside these are the 'major projetcs' listed on the frankston city council website:
  • Banyan Fields Child and Family Centre
  • East and West ends of Wells Street
  • New Frankston Park Function Centre
  • New Public Toilets
  • New Robinsons Park Pavilion
  • New Yacht Club Building
  • Principal Pedestrian Network Demonstration
Are these projects likely to deliver capital growth, or have I missed something altogether? (my gut says that these type projects wouldn't have a great deal of influence on capital growth in the region)

Hey rizzle

To answer your questions :
It's not late to jump on the bandwagon.
I think if anywhere to avoid its frankston north (if you plan on living there)
I think the areas that are benefiting from all the infrastructure are golf link estate and anywhere on Skye rd. it has really jumped up in price quite fast. And anywhere in central frankston

I can tell you other projects that are confirmed.
-airio apartments
-another new apartment development on nepean hwy opposite quest
3m redevelopment of wells st
There are. 2 other apartment developments in frankston aswell

Here is a link. http://frankstoncity.bangthetable.com/document/show/4

Oh Frankston... :(:(

I remember back around 10 years ago when they think Frankston is new hotspot (due to low price & booming infrastructure). They claimed that a new Eastlink tollway (once completed) will increase Frankston suburb overall.

Guess what. They are still the same as (low capital gains growth).
I totally gave up on Frankston now.
:(

Oh Frankston... :(:(

I remember back around 10 years ago when they think Frankston is new hotspot (due to low price & booming infrastructure). They claimed that a new Eastlink tollway (once completed) will increase Frankston suburb overall.

Guess what. They are still the same as (low capital gains growth).
I totally gave up on Frankston now.
:(

yup, just sold mine

beach st

We looked at the property mentioned at 95 beach st. Walking through the house was like walking on the deck of a boat in rough seas. The bathroom and kitchen look nice but the rest of the place is falling down. Bad water damage, gutters rusting and hanging, rotting timber frame, the place was a disaster. It's been priced to attract more people to the auction, but I think it would be more worthwhile to demolish and rebuild. When we went to the ofi youcould barely move because of all the people, most of whom were obvious tradies and builders/developers.
Will certainly be interesting to see what it sells for. And what happens to it after.

datto:

And..... what do you think?

Well, I wasn't able to get down there this weekend due to work. Might be able in a few weeks time.

I got to see the place first hand before making a decision. You know, have a good look around, get a feel, take a few deep breaths. Its almost an art!

I've got a list of quite a few streets to check out. It will be interesting.

Was in Vic late last year having a look around Frankston and more particularly Frankston North.

Price difference crazy east vs west of Frankston-Dandenong Rd

Lots of vacant properties that were trying to be leased- and some pretty rough streets. One guy had a big sign up and his driveway saying next junky to break into my home will be shot. Thought that was pretty good.

Fundamentally, the place has a lot going on. The main shopping strip had a multi million dollar face lift a few years back, well serviced by rail and transport, coastal location, the Peninsula link, just upgraded the TAFE, proximity to Melbourne but to name a few.

Unfortunately doesn't fit our criteria with vacancy rate and yield stats at this point to pull the trigger.

Place gets a bad rep, crime and social issues though we have bought 3IP in rough areas in past 2 years that have solid fundamentals and have cleaned up on them.

blow the bad rap and the stigma - I agree, it's the yield that people need to be careful of.
Good on you for doing your research properly Connolly.

nikkig - the photos look so good. Would love to see what happens with that place too. Also good research.

datto - interested to see how you find the place too.

Wattle

well i just got my house valuated and they reckon 360-390k i thought wow thats rather nice! they believe its in an excellent position and very well maintained property.

work for me!

well i just got my house valuated and they reckon 360-390k i thought wow thats rather nice! they believe its in an excellent position and very well maintained property.

work for me!

Great news

How much did you pay and over what period of time did you achieve the growth?

Back