Is it time for Frankston?

I have a question for all the Frankston spruikers.

Maybe this will be too look back on in 10 years.

In 10 years time Frankston will be more valuable than *insert suburb here*.

I just cant see it increasing at a rate higher than anything else in the south east.

I have a question for all the Frankston spruikers.

Maybe this will be too look back on in 10 years.

I just cant see it increasing at a rate higher than anything else in the south east.

In 10 years time Frankston will be more valuable than *FRANKSTON NORTH*.

haha

In 10 years time Frankston may not be more valuable to me than another suburb. Frankston is valuable to me "RIGHT NOW" as it is where I have many opportunities to make money by purchasing good sized land that is subdividable with a home on it for under $300,000.

Once it has made me some money it won't be more valuable to me than any other suburb. But it might be more valuable to others.

I hope the above makes sense, if not I know it's a poor explanation from me!:(

Regards,

alicudi

Hi

I have no idea how politics and voting works.

Will this $50million be spent in Frankston even if the state premier is liberal and the local candidate is labour or vice versa or do both state and local need to be the same for this to work?

Regards,

alicudi

agreed it still has a long way to go in terms of reputation but with this

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-frankston-118125835

selling for $584K last weekend in central frankston. Not sure how much further it can go price wise.

for arguments sake if further development was to drive up prices, who would start paying more than this for houses in Frankston, unless it remains significantly cheaper than everything else in Melbourne.

And don't get me wrong i am a frankston local so I have a vested interest however I am a realist and can't see how or why prices could go up much more, even though I would love them too.

Im looking at Frankston. Now a lot of good buys in Karingal, is that a suburb of Frankston? and is that housing commision area?. Or if possible is it better to stay between Nepean HWY and Frankston FWY.

Im looking at Frankston. Now a lot of good buys in Karingal, is that a suburb of Frankston? and is that housing commision area?. Or if possible is it better to stay between Nepean HWY and Frankston FWY.

Karingal is an area of Frankston near a shopping centre that bears the same name. It is not on the electoral or Australia Post maps as a suburb - there is no suburb called Karingal, despite what many realtors may claim. There is plenty of value to be had in 'Karingal' in the $300,000 plus ballpark. Many (but not all) houses are on dual occ blocks.

http://house.ksou.cn/p.php?q=Frankston&sta=vic&id=514661

This one is in central Frankston. Arguably a dual occ site if an intelligent application was made to Council. Sold for a bargain, just $315,000. Walking distance to most places. With good security doors and windows, this is a well-located site with a level of crime no worse than inner city Melbourne.

Karingal is from karignal drive to as far down as to frankston cranny rd and as far across to karingal shopping centre. It borders skye rd from karingal drive. Still cheap but dont expect it move as quick as central frankston. You dont have as many amenties there

Thanks Guys. LOL that's why I couldn't find any stats because its not a suburb.
I don't know the first thing about to develop, but I want the potential to develop in the future.
I think as Australia's population grows anything with a nice size parcel of land even undeveloped is going to be valuable

I forgot to add I'll be putting in low offers with this Ray white. They seem to have a lot way under median price

EDIT. Isn't population growth a factor in CG. Frankston has a 13.02% population growth estimate for the next 20 odd years that can't be good.

Last edited:
Isn't population growth a factor in CG.

Population growth in a country town or a whole metropolitan region may be good if your property is in a favourable location within it where it assumes increasing scarcity value. It might also be good for commercial property because of rising catchment populations.

But low growth in a prestige suburb may be merely because the local NIMBYs have got the ear of the planning minister or council and prohibited densification. The area may thus retain its leafy streets and remain of continuing appeal, potentially driving capital growth.

Given that 40% of Frankston houses are sitting on development sized blocks, its a foregone conclusion that population density will eventually rise. This factor may not have been taken into account when forecasters were making future population growth forecasts.

Back