Is it time for Frankston?

An 8 unit development site on a block barely 650sqm? Obviously, the Frankston City Council's planning dept is being more generous than I ever envisaged.

The sales agent for this one has a bit of a reputation.....forget what's on the advert, check with Council before making an offer.

I drove around Frankston this arvo (on my way to the airport trying to catch a flight with 2 screaming kids in the background...) and even the most rotten house I've spotted is still miles ahead of the stuff in 2770.

Couple of questions:
1. Has the horse bolted?
2. Are there bad streets around Frankston that I should stay away from?
3. Why on earth are there weeds all over the darn suburb? The median strip is full of that stuff and pretty much every single house is infested with it.

1. Has the horse bolted?

Not if you shop around and patiently wait for value. A few people on this forum have gone in blindly, paid too much (often at the behest of Buyers Agents) and then complained that property prices have not risen. If you want capital gain, you should buy the cheap end IMHO. IF you merely want a PPOR then you can pay whatever you feel comfortable with.

2. Are there bad streets around Frankston that I should stay away from?

Others may disagree but I feel the worst streets represent the best value. FCC is kinder to development applications involving land in the worst parts of Frankston. The Council is determined to make Frankston a decent family oriented place to live in. Might take time. In the meantime, take full advantage of all the bad news and buy up all the cheap stuff! That's what I am trying to do.

Did they ever catch the Frankston serial killer?

Aren't you are confusing him with the Claremont serial killer from WA. Yes, the fella from Claremont is still on the loose.

However, if you are referring to the infamous woman hating trannie of 20+ years ago, then yes, he was caught many years ago. Google Paul Denyer. I'm sure he is getting plenty of love in HM Prisons.

OK but if I turn into a serial killer, the cops will check SS and know that you Wattle had somehing to do with the rampage I might commit:D

Was on the Market for a week and sold. A week later back on. Maybe the buyer couldn't get finance or there's a big dirty main sewer pipe in the middle of the yard lol:)

Just a quick question to my fellow Frankston watchers.

What are your opinions on the properties around the Frome, Harrow,Oxford st area?
Yield is nothing special as you are looking around high 300's buy in for
about a high 200's rental return.

The housing stock nearly looks ex weatherboard housing commission, however most of the homes are well looked after and the market appears to be at the first stage of some of some of them being bowled over for townhouses.

Blocks are mostly in the 600"s square metre range so more than likely a two dwelling limit per block.

Frankston High School Zone is the interesting x factor. This school has a pretty good rep. from the locals i know and have spoken to.

Shall post again when I've finished my research

Back