I've voted!

Just sent off my postal vote. Had been sitting on it for a week to see what popped up before the election but there have been no major shocks.

Filled in all 82 boxes below the line in the senate.

Family First / The smoker's rights party were at the bottom.

I went in a pre-polled about a week ago. I'm not a swinging voter so my vote was decided before the election. It's more just a question of where my preferences.

I told them that I had sporting events on election day which would make it difficult to vote. The truth is I don't want to stand in line. :p

They didn't even ask me for a reason or an ID. I didn't have time to go through 110 preferences, so just chose a party above the white line.

im going to rock up at the polling place at like 7am so i dont have to queue. If theres one thing worse than voting its queueing.

I always vote early. Then on the day I wander up to the local school for a sausage at the sausage sizzle and a homemade cake or some jam.

vote early, vote often

they don't ask for id so go to each booth in your electorate. ;)

I've often wondered how much this happens. Sure someone might fine you when (if) they tally the books and realize you've voted at ten different booths but they cannot remove your votes. If enough people did this as an organized push for one candidate it could change the election (or am I wrong?)

We are with Pete, already voted, not swingers firmly in the blue corner, always have always will be.

It's going to be absolute bliss come Sat evening watching the champ come in off his bicycle or a swim and push out that hairy chest and say..."Welcome to the Libs"

:p

Loving it!

Will be handing out pamphlets for my local member who happesn to be a friend and ex colleague on Saturday.

Looking forward to celebration that night.

One of my workmates voted early and got a flyer in the mail saying where he could so such

We've not received anything for our electorate

I've been waiting 6 long years for this day so I am making a special trip.

As in Aaron? You've never voted? I thought you were over 18 in 2010 and 2007 :p

I'm a swinging voter. But the Jaymes Diaz guy in Greenway doesn't seem competent. I don't like Tony Abbott, though I think it's time for change and may be I'm becoming a capitalist :D

im going to rock up at the polling place at like 7am so i dont have to queue. If theres one thing worse than voting its queueing.

If you turn up at 7 you're going to have to wait an hour anyway - they don't open till 8.

I once handed out how to vote cards from 8-12 and the first hour or two the waits were the longest.

Did my postal vote last week - first two choices on lower house were easy ... the other 6 were damned hard

Senate - one number above the line and done-ski

Family First / The smoker's rights party were at the bottom.
I'm waiting till Saturday,got myself a brand new R M Willams tie,new shirtnew boots and I gonna stand there giving out how to vote cards all day if I have too,i waited so long for this day,you can taste it in the air in Qld,

Clive Palmer all the way..

There was quite a queue at Melbourne Queen Street mid afternoon today. The Senate voting paper is a joke: I went below the line and put in my first 20, then just filled out the other 77 left to right though I felt a bit bad for doing so.

Back