Liberal or labor , who's better for property investors ?

Who would be better for property investors ?

• Labor

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Liberal

Votes: 64 90.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There should be a third option in the poll, "It doesn't matter".

Speaking with a senior economist a few months ago the subject of the election came up (back when Gillard was leader). His opinion was that it didn't make much difference which part was in power. Having seen booms and busts under Howard, Rudd & Gillard, I'm inclined to agree.

Totally Agree!

Don't think it is good if labor manage to increase the cost to build a house again by $40,000, like they did with the FHB Grants. Just when construction costs were falling to affordable levels, due to reduced demand, labor had to interfere and distort costs.

In that situation he was imposing his personal ( religious ) views on others when it was against all of the advice he was given by his department and all the related stake holders.

Cliff

So it's ok to lie to the electorate?

I think you will find people have had enough of Labor spin and incompetence and lets get back on track with the economy.

Workers (not all) may think they need Labor but they need their jobs more, business provides jobs, unless you want the Govt to be the only employer? Is that possible?

Liberal for reality, affordability, people being able to buy ANYthing

but
perhaps
if
Labor continue to bankrupt the country, everybody will have to rent​
How do you have a small business in Australia?

with a large business and a Labor government

I don't think it is . That's why Gillard lost credibility and why we got Rudd back .

But he's still got a hand up his shirt back directing his every move, every word.

I can see Bill Shorten standing by Rudd at most points of public policy anns keeping a very close eye on him.

Having met both again this part week, I must admit Kevin Rudd is far superior people person and fantastic in communicating to his audience.

Even with his wife alongside him, Tony is a poor speaker and very negative in his comments. He also has an appalling sense of humour.

I agree with what was stated earlier that regardless of who wins, what will happen to Australia's economy will happen.

Yet the people who know Kev well, won't serve under him. The look on Plibersek's face every time he is near her is very telling.

As Warren Mundine the former ALP president said; If you like Kevin, you haven't met him. If you dislike Tony, you haven't met him.

I know (as opposed to met) neither of them.

But he's still got a hand up his shirt back directing his every move, every word.

I can see Bill Shorten standing by Rudd at most points of public policy anns keeping a very close eye on him.

that hand isnt up Rudd's back, thats why the smile is so forced

any investments are best supported by a liberal govt, state and federal.

low taxation and free enterprise. stamp duty needs to be reduced by state govts.

rudd is a practised public servant and maybe photogenic, plus he can deliver a good speech, but...he had major problems with actually making decisions and putting words into action. he is only 1 in the govt. the unions still control the labor party, always will.

the labor party has wasted so much money. we as investors see that as unwise. the corruption exposed so far is distasteful. we do not want another 3 yrs of it please. a new way is their slogan, no way. it will be more of the same, only worse, if that is possible.

Now that we have a date and businesses can plan ahead,myself i'm still unsure who would be better,there is a slow wave of support building up for Mr Palmer and who stands behind his business model for Australia in Qld and Liberal and Labour are in for a real shock because BigKev knows full well with 400 billion-plus in the can that the next in line can only go one way tax the rich..

btw I did not vote ..

State Liberals aren't doing me any favors on property values or quality of life, quite the opposite. Everyone I speak to feels the same. :mad: Whether State or Federal, it's all the same.

State Liberals aren't doing me any favors on property values or quality of life, quite the opposite. Everyone I speak to feels the same. :mad: Whether State or Federal, it's all the same.

The role of Government isn't really to do anyone any favours. It's to not do anyone any disfavours - get out of the way and let private citizens do their own business without interference.

The role of Government isn't really to do anyone any favours. It's to not do anyone any disfavours - get out of the way and let private citizens do their own business without interference.

Ok, will rephrase then. State Liberals decisions have done me a huge disfavour interfering with me financially, my safety and quality of life.

Ok, will rephrase then. State Liberals decisions have done me a huge disfavour interfering with my safety and quality of life.

That's because the previous ALP Government spent like a drunken sailor :)

It's the old story of giving someone $1 then taking it away, they feel poorer even though they are the same as before.

Back