Liberals - policies may cause a recession??

Yes agreed....why don't they serioulsy look at middle class welfare...targeting pensioners and people on the dole is a hiding to no where...

I think governments get too much credit/blame for how the economy travels. Given there hasn't been much in the way of wide-sweeping economic reform since John Howard's 2nd term of government one has to wonder why our politicians have become so timid and scared of offending certain groups.

Just as an example, why is the government having a welfare review, but quarantining the age pension, one of the biggest and fastest growing parts of our welfare system, from it's scope?

It seems once again as though the government will pick and choose who gets the pain from the coming downturn and associated cuts instead of sharing it around.

you haven't already felt it? I've sent a big girly slap via copper wire from my home to some super duper cable in the street, it bounced off a passing satellite and came slamming down on you... maybe it missed?

Think I tried to make an NBN joke in there somewhere and completely missed the mark

reality check please

plenty of faults above acknowledged BUT: last year I experienced the worst 7 months of my business life of 35+ years after Gillard called the election in JANUARY for SEPTEMBER??!! Business immediately stalled & did not recover until 2 weeks after the election; I am still playing catch up & will never forgive/forget such an appalling decision (early election call) nor the pathetic infighting between her & Mr Selfie; get a grip guys :mad:

Don't joke.....given how quickly Qantas is going to hell in a hand basket...and how quikcly our economy is dying due to high wages and low productivity....that maybe an options.

If the libs had it their way they might even outsource the Navy to India.

You have to be kdding that the navy do not have surface to air missiles....our nearest neightbour already have Russian SU aircraft which are far superior to what we have F-111 Pigs and to get F-35....pity they can't fly them as well..then we would be in trouble.

We don't have F111's.

Wow

The libs have been in for over 4 months....and what disaster...I know some will say labor had caused all this....but the Liberals don't have a plan.

Here are some of my concerns:

1. Their diplomacy skills are non exisitent.....they have riled our key trading partners...Indonesia..and China...they seem to have gone to the old Anglo-centric view of the world..

Can you define the "Anglo centric view" for us and demonstrate what they have done that falls within this classification?

2. They have ill thought out policies...they withdrawn support from any industries which are not sustainable over the long run ...car, Qantas, manufacturing. Whilst I agree that these industries cannot kept going due to high labor costs....this needs to be planned otherwise the displacement of people from jobs and thus spending in the economy will drop and cause confidence to drop thus causing further job losses unnecessarily.

Can you run us through what support they have withdrawn from Qantas?

3. The have failed on immigration....even China a country with poor human rights absuses have spoken out against Australia.

Can you explain how achieving their election commitment is a failure? What credibility do China have with regard to lecturing on human rights?

4. No transparency on what they are doing...Scott Morrison, George Brandis are all claiming that this being kept for secrecy reasons...what a bunch of hogwash...we are now officially living in a police state.

Can you define Police State and give examples of how we are living in one?

5. Joe Hockey is the most negative treasurer to date. All he talks about is cuts Health, Pensions, Centreline, Jobs.....this is not good as it affects confidence.

Consumer confidence is down since the election, can you provide evidence this is due to LNP policies? Or could it be due to the fact that Australians now have a clearer view of the state of play

It will certainly be interesting to see if this is a one term government...I don't think the Australian public is impressed by the current government's track record to date.

Another interesting opinion. Wasn't reflected in the recent Griffith election though. Even more people voted LNP than did in the general election.

Would love to hear constructive discussions.....failed liberal politicians need not reply! :)

Sorry for all the questions. You mentioned you like to discuss facts, but you original post was merely a list of opinions.

I think you are projecting your views onto the Australian people. Fact is that they won the election, are getting things done, and the recent job losses etc are more a product of the ALP's failed policies than the LNP's who have only been in power for less than 6 months.
what he said.

Libs have been in power for 5 mins, but it's all their fault? Yeah...

It takes more than a couple of months for an economy to crash and burn.

Sorry for all the questions. You mentioned you like to discuss facts, but you original post was merely a list of opinions.

Lol. The Liberal Party and facts should not be in the same sentence. They get an F for any sort of evidence-based policy. Three words slogans? Top of the class.

I'm surprised that people are actually surprised. We get the quality of government that we deserve and it's definitely getting a lot worse.

what he said.

Libs have been in power for 5 mins, but it's all their fault? Yeah...

It takes more than a couple of months for an economy to crash and burn.

And if it was the opposite, I bet they'd be giving the Labor Party all the credit, right? :rolleyes:

Yep shouldn't be too long now before all the old Howard terms start coming back.
Like , skill shortage in Australia.
Can't get training in Australia.
Can't get into uni in Australia.
Can't manufacture any more .
Can't get medical care anymore or doctors or surgery in Australia.
Can't afford to send you kids to school anymore , actually our fees are already up 1200 bucks thanks to Abbot.
Average people won't be able to buy a house again although this time they look like killing manufacturing of completely so with unemployment at least house prices might stay down but hang on that's right . No on will be able to get their lone anyway because the were 5days late paying a few bills.
There'll be teacher shortages again because they won't pay them and schools falling to bits again because they won't spend any money on them either .
Oh yeah and the really sad stuff like our closest neighbours wanting to blow us all up again.
Just to name a few .

Ahh the good old days.

Back