Liberals - policies may cause a recession??

It's a budget emergency, a crisis even. Australia's going to run out of Australian dollars. Where will they get more from?

We're running out of money for Medicare. Yet there seems to be plenty of money for baby bonuses, FTBs and parental leave.

This government, like all before it in recent history will spin and spin.

sash, who do you think could lead Labor to victory?

Assuming Shorten doesn't stand down for any reason (and remember the others can't stab him in the back due to Rudds changes), I think he would be as good as history by the next election.

If he did stand down, with the rest of the talent looking so thin, who do you think is capable of turning their fortunes around?

Keep in mind Labor continue to lie with the Greens, they'll be 'on the nose' after the RC, they support a Carbon Tax, and are knocking the methods employed that look successful in stopping the people smuggling trade (voters now know that turning the boats around works and only Libs support this), their job becomes all the harder.

EdB, remember the people who supported Labor's big ticket items - mostly Labor supporters. That tells you they don't care about where the money comes from or if we can afford it.

What they are concerned with is the things that affect them personally like high electricity bills and cost of living.

You have to be kdding that the navy do not have surface to air missiles....our nearest neightbour already have Russian SU aircraft which are far superior to what we have F-111 Pigs and to get F-35....pity they can't fly them as well..then we would be in trouble.

Indonesia have 16 Sukhoi fighters a mix of 27's and 30's according to this article.
They also have some old F5's and the like for a total of 54 combat aircraft.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-09/25/c_132750291.htm

Australia has 97 FA-18 Hornets in a couple of different formats and one of the best trained Air Forces in the world.

I wouldn't be to stressed about there airforce.

There army on the other hand if they ever managed to get across the ditch.

At least we are constantly patrolling with the excuse of looking for asylum seekers.

It's a budget emergency, a crisis even. Australia's going to run out of Australian dollars. Where will they get more from?

We're running out of money for Medicare. Yet there seems to be plenty of money for baby bonuses, FTBs and parental leave.

This government, like all before it in recent history will spin and spin.

What really annoys mean is the amount of money giving to people who have not committed themselves as Australian citizens.

And I am sure that the politicians will find the funds to support their next pay increase (independently assessed of course).

Indonesia have 16 Sukhoi fighters a mix of 27's and 30's according to this article.
They also have some old F5's and the like for a total of 54 combat aircraft.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-09/25/c_132750291.htm

Australia has 97 FA-18 Hornets in a couple of different formats and one of the best trained Air Forces in the world.

I wouldn't be to stressed about there airforce.

There army on the other hand if they ever managed to get across the ditch.

At least we are constantly patrolling with the excuse of looking for asylum seekers.

Their Army has numbers but is poorly trained and maintained.

The F/A-18s we have are far more capable then any aircraft they have, even the F-16 variants they bought off the USA.

And Navy, well they don't really have one, but are developing one. A very good one from all Jane's reports.

Wow

The libs have been in for over 4 months....
It will certainly be interesting to see if this is a one term government...I don't think the Australian public is impressed by the current government's track record to date.
I don't think there would be enough evidence to say this Government will do one term or 5 just yet,economic growth comes from risk taking,and the inherited uncaluated risk taking from Labor that came with the package..

You wouldn't be saying that if it were a Lib politician.

The knives would be out for sure.

really? despite the fact ive voted for the libs at nearly every election since i turned 18?

i have no time for small minded nonsense on any side, even if it is "my side".

one of the reasons for the terrible standard in politics is because of the simpletons in this country engaging in this kind of gutter debate instead of discussing things that actually matter. plibersek has often impressed me and this country needs good people in charge of all parties

Fact is that they won the election, are getting things done, and the recent job losses etc are more a product of the ALP's failed policies than the LNP's who have only been in power for less than 6 months.

I agree to a point. They have only been in 6 months and it takes a while to get anything done in politics.

However, we heard on this forum from Weg and others that the business community would be instantly buoyed by the change in government, and business confidence would go through the roof. Fact is, that hasn't happened.

Maybe closures and job losses at Holden, Alcoa and Toyota has hit confidence. Who knows? We'll see in time.

As for Qantas, there is only one man who is responsible for that mess. I'll give you a clue who it is. He's about 4'6" and speaks with an Irish accent.

I didn't agree with the carbon tax. What is missing from both parties is to address the REAL issues...and 99% is economic!

The key issues are the same jobs, cost of living, infrastructure, health care...I see non of this being addressed by the liberals..... I also do not like unions either but surely we can get someone to lead. The voter base is mostly composed of simpletons..who vote for people who will fil their pockets.

The other thing is that OECD believes that Australia needs to have more government spending on infrastructure not cut. What are we doing cutting...wait till the economy stalls....

sash, who do you think could lead Labor to victory?

Assuming Shorten doesn't stand down for any reason (and remember the others can't stab him in the back due to Rudds changes), I think he would be as good as history by the next election.

If he did stand down, with the rest of the talent looking so thin, who do you think is capable of turning their fortunes around?

Keep in mind Labor continue to lie with the Greens, they'll be 'on the nose' after the RC, they support a Carbon Tax, and are knocking the methods employed that look successful in stopping the people smuggling trade (voters now know that turning the boats around works and only Libs support this), their job becomes all the harder.

EdB, remember the people who supported Labor's big ticket items - mostly Labor supporters. That tells you they don't care about where the money comes from or if we can afford it.

What they are concerned with is the things that affect them personally like high electricity bills and cost of living.

Yep...agree Pibersek husband Coout-Trotter has turned his life aorund.
really? despite the fact ive voted for the libs at nearly every election since i turned 18?

i have no time for small minded nonsense on any side, even if it is "my side".

one of the reasons for the terrible standard in politics is because of the simpletons in this country engaging in this kind of gutter debate instead of discussing things that actually matter. plibersek has often impressed me and this country needs good people in charge of all parties

Agreed business confidence is down...I read that there is $71B waiting to be spent by companies..this will only be spent once confidence returns. Company closures will just increase the amount of spending on the dole!!! Sure they need to let these industries go...but do it slowly ...they will regret this.

The short Irishman needs to be shot....but more fundamently...what is the board doing...have they been asleep at the wheel???
I agree to a point. They have only been in 6 months and it takes a while to get anything done in politics.

However, we heard on this forum from Weg and others that the business community would be instantly buoyed by the change in government, and business confidence would go through the roof. Fact is, that hasn't happened.

Maybe closures and job losses at Holden, Alcoa and Toyota has hit confidence. Who knows? We'll see in time.

As for Qantas, there is only one man who is responsible for that mess. I'll give you a clue who it is. He's about 4'6" and speaks with an Irish accent.

sash and danc, what evidence do you both have that show business confidence is down?

Business made it very clear during the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd years that it was being strangled.

And NAB confirms with it's reports that business confidence is up.

Just removing Labor is enough to inspire confidence!

What we are seeing now with closures, started a few years ago. The damage was done under LABOR'S watch. The dominoes were set to fall.

Propping up select (read: unionised) companies with billions of dollars, while screwing everyone else is hardly inspiring stuff.

In regards to Pliberseks husband... the point I was making was to do with extreme nepotism (do you really think he would have got that job without his wife and their dodgy NSW Labor connections?).

Son....you need to get out a but more....would suggest visiting Elizabeth in your home town....Geelong in Victoria.....Wollonging in NSW....

I did not agree with all of labours policies....and as I said I don't like militant unions....

A for Pilbersek's husband...did you know that he now holds a senior positoin in the NSW Liberal government bureaucracy...so the libs view him well also??;)

sash and danc, what evidence do you both have that show business confidence is down?

Business made it very clear during the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd years that it was being strangled.

And NAB confirms with it's reports that business confidence is up.

Just removing Labor is enough to inspire confidence!

What we are seeing now with closures, started a few years ago. The damage was done under LABOR'S watch. The dominoes were set to fall.

Propping up select (read: unionised) companies with billions of dollars, while screwing everyone else is hardly inspiring stuff.

In regards to Pliberseks husband... the point I was making was to do with extreme nepotism (do you really think he would have got that job without his wife and their dodgy NSW Labor connections?).

Son... love it :D.

I think you might be getting your business confidence confused with consumer confidence ;).

Plibersek's husband has now got years of experience behind him. Even with the criticism that O'Farrell attracted it was probably easier for him to let that one go.

I am...old.....so I call people son.... ;)

Well according to economic articles I am reading....business confidence and consumer confidence are intertwined. The key here is jobs....unfortunately it is tracking badly in some states...

Her hubbie is acutally quite talented.....I have seen him in action....

Son... love it :D.

I think you might be getting your business confidence confused with consumer confidence ;).

Plibersek's husband has now got years of experience behind him. Even with the criticism that O'Farrell attracted it was probably easier for him to let that one go.

Back