Looking to buy, RE agent hasn't called back?

My cousin who is overseas has just seen a house on realestate.com.au and wants me to have a look at it. I contacted the real estate yesterday about lunchtime and was given a mobile number of the agent.

The agent wasn't answering so I left a message and number to be contacted back on. No call back as of this morning, I rang the mobile a number of times, each time recorded message saying that the mobile was turned off. Rang office back again and said that I couldn't get through on mobile, receptionist said she would contact agent and took my details. I also used the "contact agent" via website thing. It's now 3pm and still no call back.

Wouldn't you expect a call back by now? Am I expecting too much for a phone call by now??:confused:

Painfully familiar story. Seems every second agent I contact in Sydney results in the run-around. By comparison, I’ve found those on the Gold Coast generally pretty good.

That seems very strange. When we were looking recently we had the same thing - both here and in Hobart.

Maybe the days are gone when REA were like used car salesman (no offence to any here) and used to drive you mad if you even looked vaguely interested.

Being that the market seems so flat here in Perth I would have thought they'd be following up every call.

Maybe it's already 'under offer' ???

Good luck anyway.

Hi Paguatao

If you are seriously interested in looking at this property, ring back every hour or so.

The receptionist will get tired of taking your calls but too bad, might get her to chase up harder on the salesperson. aybe ask for someone else in sales.

Regards
Marty

I was going to suggest you ring another agent in the same office, but that could backfire on you. If you call another agent, and the first agent knows he will have to share his commission with the second agent you called, he is not going to push for your contract to be the successful one, especially if there is a sniff of another contract which he doesn't share on.

So keep on pestering his office and make him do some work. Don't these agents consider that you would never consider him when you come to sell if he is this slack when you are trying to buy?

It's not at all unusual for selling agents to have a weekday off, in lieu of weekends, when most of them work. If you left a message yesterday, and don't hear back by tomorrow lunchtime I'd be surprised.

Ring the agency and get onto another sales agent.

About this time last year I was making alot of enquiries on property in Sydney but ended buying else where. Two months ago, a Sydney RE finally returned my call............9 months late.:eek:

About this time last year I was making alot of enquiries on property in Sydney but ended buying else where. Two months ago, a Sydney RE finally returned my call............9 months late.:eek:
Hahaha, tell the agent you'll get back to him/her.

Regards
Marty

Back