Motorcycles

Anyone ride motorbikes,
How do you travel to work with them if your supposed to wear professional clothes
Would be interested in any feedback on above or other thoughts
Thanks

Backpack, panniers, top box, dry cleaners, lockers.... just few ways to store, carry your fancy-pants threads... ;)

If people can "bi"-cycle to work, shower & throw on a suit, then.... well cut out the "bi" and the shower, and you're set :D

It's not hard.... been doing it for many years.

I've got 3.

Work bike is a Yamaha TTR 250. Used on the farm. Riding to work in work clothes is easy.:)

Dirt bike is a Yamaha WR 450. Used for mainly weekend trips into the forests between here and the coast.

Road bike is a KTM 990 adventure R. Got panniers on it and try to get off the tar a bit.

My 3 girls all ride as well, on Kawasaki KLX 110's and 140's.

I've ridden dirt bikes all my life since Santa bought me a Honda Z 50 J. Dad sold it to a neighbour probably 30 years ago when I'd outgrown it. I spotted it in a shed 10 years ago, all wrecked and dusty and covered in bird crap and I bought it back and I've restored it. Not many blokes own the first bike they ever had. The bloke wanted a carton of beer for it, but I talked him up to $100, as I knew it was worth a bit. It has a compliance plate and they bring a bit of money these days, up to $2000.

See ya's.

You have an enviable lifestyle TC... some very nice bikes there as well as excellent places to ride them!

I've had a Honda CB250, Kawasaki KLR 250, Suzuki GSX750F and Suzuki SV650. That last one was my only vehicle for about 7 years. Also spent a lot of time on a Honda ST1100...

I just wore work shirt and pants with a leather jacket but in Perth I could get around without having to wear a jacket during the day.

These days I bicycle and leave a suit jacket in the office for when I need it. Everyone thing else gets chucked in the panniers as I don't have a locker at work but I do have a shower. I prefer the bike for commuting - cheaper and healthier and provides some physical activity to an otherwise sedentary job.

Simple. Leave jackets and ties, if needed, at work. Wear rest of business attire under motorbike gear. Adorn jacket and tie (if necessary) at work.

Gave up riding years ago, but I recall that the best way I found to handle wet was not to fight it, just get wet :D

Really, I mean it. Easy to change when you get where-ever than much around wearing gear that leaks (and water pools around your bum, squelch squelch), and look cooler too !

I have a Honda Today motorscooter and I l o v e i t. Bought it at 60 to fulfil a lifelong dream since I was 16. Its the best fun.

7116816_1.jpg

this is mine! well not the exact one, but the same model

Love it to bits!

I f---ing hate motorbikes.

my dad has come off his machine twice, both times nearly killed.

my best mate hit a kerb in a roadworks zone at 40kph. woke up under a car.

my bro rides everywhere on his super-something 1100cc monster, wet, dry, short trip, long trip, work, wedding....

my mum rides her harley when she gets the chance.

guy on a Harley ran into the side of me, speeding as he quizzed out overtaking a van as I was crossing an intersection. his bike ended up in my door, his headlight was in my lap, and he was 50m away after going over the bonnet. smashed pelvis, dislocated arm, broken jaw, collapsed discs, broken hand.

give me 4 wheels and a big turbo.

I've had them all, from scooters to 1100 sports bikes and now back on a 225cc single cylinder commuter. It's brilliant and I love it.

Never have to wait in traffic as I shoot up the centre every time, everywhere. Shame it's against the law but it should be allowed for those who pollute less and take up less space on the road. I don't contribute to congestion...;)

Park for free everywhere, even where it's not supposed to be free. There's always a way. Always park closer to where I want to be than with a car too.

Faster than any car that's not trying to race me. Cheaper rego too.

Even when it's raining cats and dogs it's still more fun. (if you're prepared)

And just wait till it's dry roads and sunshine!!!

Wear dark clothes as a rule, preferably sturdy ones. Dark clothes don't show dirt as much. You will get wet sooner or later; keep spare socks etc. at work. If you can keep a change of clothes there for emergencies, it's a good idea. Hopefully you have a locker at your work for your helmet etc. If you need to wear dressy shoes at work, they should probably stay at work too or be in your bag while riding, as it's really not good to ride in business shoes. So ride in your boots, and change at work if you need to. I've had my ankle trapped between a still moving, dropped bike and the bitumen with boots on, and I still bled a lot. It's late, and I'm rambling.

Good luck, and ride safe!

Spare socks at work is a good idea, when it rains hard that's the only area that gets wet, cheapo waterproofs do the job regardless of weather for other parts of the body and they dont breath so good in winter as a layer for warmth.

Suit Jacket and tie at work, everything else just wear on the bike with motorcycle jacket.

I wear suit pants on the bike and how much of an issue that is depends which city you are riding in. Sydney's peak hour gridlock means you never go fast enough to do any major damage should you have an off without protective trousers.

Weapon of choice for commuting is a scooter, can lane split between tinniest gaps, love it. Dont understand all those people commuting on big bikes, cant lane split, whats the point?

cbr rr since broke my hands in 3 places i had sold the bike, when i retire i would like to get big red ducati for sundays coffee by the beach :)

Back