My PPOR Renovations

And one last pic of the new temp kitchen :)

Attachments

• DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 297
I love your island bench and that is a lovely sink... but I need a chiropractor after trying to get the right angle to see them properly :D:p

Wow, I LOVE your (partial) kitchen, cannot wait to see it in it's entirety! That island is just stunning! Where is it from??

Finished setting up the temporary kitchen. 2 days work to set it up using bits and pieces from the kitchen that will eventually be our permanent kitchen in the back part of the house.

Also had to get a few extras, like the temporary wooden bench top, the vinyl, and an oven cabinet, all up about $350. But we will be able to reuse that stuff at an IP one day so it's not really a waste.

But yeah much nicer than our previous setup.

I think you need to speak with the guys that did your lift, your levels seem a bit out in your photos

Been doing the deck roof. Slowly getting there.

Attachments

• deck roof 1.jpg
    deck roof 1.jpg
    878 KB · Views: 189
  • deckroof2.jpg
    deckroof2.jpg
    814.8 KB · Views: 164
  • deckroof3.jpg
    deckroof3.jpg
    900.2 KB · Views: 159
The wife and I have been busy cladding the front of the house and painting. It's looking pretty big now. I've attached a picture with the 3 bed lowset house next door in it for comparison.

Pretty happy with the way it's shaping up. Will look cool with the white palings all around the bottom of the house a well.

But yeah I think it's definitely taking shape now.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    972.8 KB · Views: 183
Hey Tim86,

Love your work,when are you coming to vic to reno my place ;) ?

Ps.My place is an easy reno compared to yours....Good stuff btw on your DIY!

Add:The top looks good,look forward to you finishing this off,atm i can see the end goal looks bloody great...Have you considered giving up your day job?...I like your work and your doing it on the side!...Good stuff!

Ps.Looks 55-80 Amp single phase?Have you considered triple phase or solar?Also going more eco?

It looks amazing. I have to admit I thought you were a bit crazy at the start, but it is really looking good. :)

Thanks Nemo, still feeling a bit crazy for taking on the project that's for sure.

Looking at getting plumbing done now, can't DIY that as it needs to be signed off. Nearly had a heart attack when I saw some plumber's hourly rates!

I don't know how people do these sorts of projects having to pay trades to do all of the work. To me that's the really crazy thing.

I would literally have to start pooing money in order to be able to afford trades to finish my house.

Weatherboarded the left side as well now. Will be finishing off the weatherboards on the right side tomorrow. Clad the back wall in roofing iron temporarily to make it water tight. Will eventually remove that so we can continue the extension out the back.

So by the weekend we should have the house water tight and ready to fit out the inside :)

Attachments

• House painted a bit more.jpg
    House painted a bit more.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 180
Why no windows across the front at ground level Tim?

Staircase to the right means no windows possible there.

To the left we didn't need any windows as there is a window on the side and to break the wall up a bit we are going to have some hanging plants.

Been working on the inside of the house.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the first stage of the build.

Attachments

• Hallway.JPG
    Hallway.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 129
  • Bedroom.JPG
    Bedroom.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Bedroom 2.JPG
    Bedroom 2.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Bathroom.JPG
    Bathroom.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Laundry Kitchenette.JPG
    Laundry Kitchenette.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 103
Adding some character

I like what you are doing, but those windows look more 1950 than 1900. Will you be replacing them? Or adding fake moulding bars down the middle of each side could make them eight lights?

I also recall you saying how you are tired of renovating. I get that, because I think you and (hubby and) I are very alike. I love the changes that renovating can bring, even when I'm hating it :D.

I'm wondering why you are pushing yourself so hard? Is it due to having to pay rent elsewhere and so a cost factor comes into it? And I'm curious to know if this bathroom in the latest photos is an ensuite because you put up a photo of a dark grey tiled (post 49) bathroom with very traditional fit-out (which looked amazing, by the way). Is that elsewhere in the house?

I reckon renovating is like childbirth... you forget the pain when you see the end product. This is looking very nice. Well done!

Looks great Tim86. I want to do something similar (smaller). How did you learn to do all this? (I've never done a weatherboard before).

Back