Neighbours' impudent Korean tenants.. What should i do?

Can you take off the muffler on your lawn mower and start it up near their windows at 7am in the morning for a few mornings.

If you took out the word Korean from your post, what would you do?

In order of preference:

- talk to them about it (find a good time, go over introduce yourself, explain that you are being woken up and ask them to come home quietly)
- talk to their landlord about it
- talk to the local council (mine handles noise complaints)
- talk to the police about it

Being next door to student accomodation is hard. Watch the movie Neighbours https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL5c2szf3E4

Ditto

We have a weekender and our 20 year old goes up with his mates every so often . They're not deliberately loud , but they are naturally loud .

It only took one polite word from the neighbour at 2am to make them realise that what they were doing was intrusive . They apologised and have never been a problem again . If only he listened to me like that ....:(

Cliff

Living near student accommodation would always be a gamble, no matter the nationality

I would take the easy path first, you can always escalate if that doesn't work

Can you take off the muffler on your lawn mower and start it up near their windows at 7am in the morning for a few mornings.

I thought about that. defeat late owls with early morning sounds... see how they like it when the shoe is on the other foot. problem with that is other neighbours would then hate me...

Yeah ice cream mixed with rat poison... *Jokes*:(:mad:

Can tell you're lacking sleep and likely, feeling grumpy right now :D
laxative maybe, they can't party with runny stomach.
Call police if continues, they might not know how disruptive they are as no one have ever told them.

Was it a swear word? lol...:rolleyes:

I wasn't therre ... But I gather it was something along the lines of " guys , it's 2 am , can you keep it down , some of us are trying to sleep" . He only needed to say it once .

Using the lawn mower at seven am , doesn't let them know you have a problem with what they're doing . All it will do is aggravate them , they'll start whinging amongst them selves about that inconsiderate neighbour waking them up when they had a late night and things just escalate .

First rule of conflict resolution is avoiding the conflict .

Cliff

I use to think Koreans were the nicest people in the world... not anymore.

A bunch of Koreans just moved into Neighbours' student accommodation house.

they come home 12 - 2AM in the morning and make a complete loud racket, having complete disregard for the community. deliberately being loud as if taunting the whole street for their enjoyment.

and this happens Every night...

Really sick and tired of it.

I get they are really happy probably finishing their night shift and got their hard earned $80 but why not respect the locals? bloody working holiday scum.

What should I do to resolve the issue? team up with other Neighbours and complain, I think there is over 10+ Koreans living in that house.

Speak to their landlord nicely and ask the landlord to evict the new Korean tenants? I don't think the landlord would do it in this rental climate?

Far out I had enough!

Mate, why thinking so much????

You just need to talk to them and explain your concerns politely. I am 100% sure they are not aware that they are creating problems for you. Once you will let them know, hopefully problem will be solved.

If you try to call police or complain to council/landlord without talking them, it will only give them negative image.

if they are koreans, then normally in korean culture - they have a very high respect of their elders and would not just dimiss any legitimate issues.

Just knock on the door and the explain the situation that would defuse everything. Communication goes a long way to resolving issues.

Genuine foreign students (and asians ones at that) will generally want to stay well clear of issues with the police and anything else that can endanger their visa.

Talk to them or have the police pay a friendly visit. You'll likely never hear from them again (either that or they have a PR!)

The Y-man

Yeah that's really sad and IMO pathetic that you are judging people based on their race. Did you stop for a split second to see if there are any other common characteristics that they share?

Do they play in bands? Do they work night shift?

I'd like to think there is a higher chance that the tenants are all deaf than there is of the problem being because they are from a particular country. I've quietened down in my mid to late twenties but I had tons of noise complaints made against me and my parties during my younger years.

Westminster is on the money.
Introduce yourself. Hava chat, hava laugh, take some interest in them, find out where their family is especially parents etc.
I once took some cooked food next door to welcome new neighbours, made friends for life. Doesn't work with everyone.
Good luck
Cheers
crest133

I think in most areas the "quiet time" kicks in at 11.00pm?

Go to the front door and politely let them know this; they probably don't know.

If they do know, and don't care, and give you attitude; then call the cops.

Westminster is on the money.
Introduce yourself. Hava chat, hava laugh, take some interest in them, find out where their family is especially parents etc.
I once took some cooked food next door to welcome new neighbours, made friends for life. Doesn't work with everyone.
Good luck
Cheers
crest133
Gran Torino in reverse? :D

I don't want to cause any international incident...

I don't want Australia to be known to be unfriendly....

and this is why Australia will be a terrible place in 100 years. If you make a complaint against someone that isn't caucasian it's labelled as racist. Ever notice how it's not racism when it's targeted at caucassions?

anyways, back on topic, I'd either ring the cops, the land lord, or move.

Bloody hell, why is it that common sense has disappeared out the window?

Fullylucky - this is not an international incident, it is not even about race.

Just go talk to them, they can't do anything about it if they don't know there is a problem.

Be an adult and go talk to them.

and this is why Australia will be a terrible place in 100 years. If you make a complaint against someone that isn't caucasian it's labelled as racist. Ever notice how it's not racism when it's targeted at caucassions?

anyways, back on topic, I'd either ring the cops, the land lord, or move.

the OP put koreans in the "title head".

no one mentioned anything about race other than being labelled - disputes, disagreements happen everywhere workplaces, socially etc. (nothing wrong to just go up to them to speak to them about the current issues whether they are korean, lebanese, chinese, indian, african etc).

Back