Paying deposits with Credit Card (AMEX etc)

I'm stunned that people here can't understand that you didn't get a cash advance on your card???

You said it a couple of times yet it still ain't computing for some folk. I'll try help ya....

"OP swiped there card to do there purchase"

The deposit was the puuuuurrrchhaaase...

By the way what was ya card that you used? I'm shopping around at the mo for a frequent flyer card.

I'm stunned that people here can't understand that you didn't get a cash advance on your card???

You said it a couple of times yet it still ain't computing for some folk. I'll try help ya....

"OP swiped there card to do there purchase"

The deposit was the puuuuurrrchhaaase...

By the way what was ya card that you used? I'm shopping around at the mo for a frequent flyer card.

i used 2 card AMEX platinum and the Emrirates Mastercard. I have the virgin credit card too but never use it (although it offers a buy one get one free for local flights)

AMEX gives great points and can be transferred to any airlines. It also gives one economy flight return overseas per year

like youd want some serious turnover on your cards.........

We run around 150 to 200 k QF ff points pa and that buys a cattle and a bit class to Europe rtn

ta
rolf

Smart move rolf. When i sold my PPOR - i basically included every bit of furniture in the price. Therefore when i moved - i just rebought everything using my AMEX card at harvey norman, myers and david jones at the boxing day sale. All my bills (gas, electrcity, body corporate fees, council rates (port phillip accepts AMEX) all go through the card - so effectively anything that can go thorough the card i would use it first. You get whole lots of points. During the GFC - some airlines were offering 50% points off. cashed in 4 X return tickets (business class) to asia.

Last edited:
Smart move rolf. When i sold my PPOR - i basically included every bit of furniture in the price. Therefore when i moved - i just rebought everything using my AMEX card at harvey norman, myers and david jones at the boxing day sale. All my bills (gas, electrcity, body corporate fees, council rates (port phillip accepts AMEX) all go through the card - so effectively anything that can go thorough the card i would use it first. You get whole lots of points. During the GFC - some airlines were offering 50% points off. cashed in 4 X return tickets (business class) to asia.

You can buy me a new car on your card if you would like, you can even keep the points because I am a nice guy? :p

Back