Perth development: chances?

Hi all, senario as follows.....

City of belmont. Corner block r30 692sqm.

Building in centre of lot

Original plan was to subdivide 280sqm off the side, build on it and keep original dwelling on its own section.

But now with the new design codes coming into effect do you think this will be possible.?

Subdivide 260sqm off side (minimum r30 lot) and keep house which is in centre and then also build a granny flat on the other side or the original houses lot?

The problem is the original lot will now be only 432sqm, short of the 450sqm minimum unless i can apply the %5 variation in there somewhere?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

Mmmm.

Even if was to do %5 variation to to second lot which would be 247sqm i would still be just short at 445sqm...

can you reduce the 280sqm by 5%? that would leave you with a large enough lot for GF (resurvey and find the extra 5 square metres)

Hi all, senario as follows.....

City of belmont. Corner block r30 692sqm.

Building in centre of lot

Original plan was to subdivide 280sqm off the side, build on it and keep original dwelling on its own section.

But now with the new design codes coming into effect do you think this will be possible.?

Subdivide 260sqm off side (minimum r30 lot) and keep house which is in centre and then also build a granny flat on the other side or the original houses lot?

The problem is the original lot will now be only 432sqm, short of the 450sqm minimum unless i can apply the %5 variation in there somewhere?

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers

This is an interesting one as the Belmont council only talk about GFs for R20 blocks.
I think as it's a R30 block they might not let you as the block is technically a duplex block - depends on how they interpret B below.
Also they currently have an onus on you to live in either dwelling - you'd need to find out if this will change
Def worth a call to the planning department.

(C) Inserting a new Clause 5.3.2(4) relating to Secondary Dwellings, as follows:
“5.3.2 Residential Zone
(4) The City may permit the development of a Secondary Dwelling on a
R20-coded lot, provided that:
(a) The owner of the lot occupies either the main dwelling or the
secondary dwelling.
(b) The lot is not less than 450m2 in area and has no potential to
accommodate a grouped or multiple dwelling.
(c) The open space requirements of Table 1 of the R Codes are met.
(d) The maximum floor area of the secondary dwelling is not greater
than 100m2.
(e) One additional car space is provided on the site.
(f) A notification under Section 70A of the Transfer of Land Act 1893
is to be registered on the Certificate of Title advising the owners
and prospective purchasers of the land that a secondary dwelling
has been approved”.

I would suggest five 2 bed / 2 bath apartments (70sqm). Sell some keep some.

Do you think the council will be for this though kent? Its cloverdale and dont see much of multi dwellings going up?

And the other thing is it is alot more of an outlay financially but agree that it would be the better way.

Cheers

This is an interesting one as the Belmont council only talk about GFs for R20 blocks.
I think as it's a R30 block they might not let you as the block is technically a duplex block - depends on how they interpret B below.
Also they currently have an onus on you to live in either dwelling - you'd need to find out if this will change
Def worth a call to the planning department.

Good point. Well its an r20/30 block concessional upgrade because its a corner.
Also when the new r-codes go through in august i would think that would trump the related party requirement?

A few options to look further into.

Cheers

I wouldnt be rushing into doing the multis although it is certainly worth considering.

If you bought the site and it was sold on the basis of it being a retainable home then chances are you paid above land value. To now knock the whole thing down and build 5 multis might not make you a huge amount more than retaining and selling the land or building on it. Do they numbers for both options and then compare them but take into account the fact that the multis will cost you a lot more in terms of cash, headaches and time.

I wouldnt be rushing into doing the multis although it is certainly worth considering.

If you bought the site and it was sold on the basis of it being a retainable home then chances are you paid above land value. To now knock the whole thing down and build 5 multis might not make you a huge amount more than retaining and selling the land or building on it. Do they numbers for both options and then compare them but take into account the fact that the multis will cost you a lot more in terms of cash, headaches and time.

This is true, i will look further into it. Time i have, headaches i can handle but the cash part.....

Does anyone have a pretty good idea of costs for multis in perth atm?
say per sqm or per unit?
5 2x2 @70sqm probably medium finish. 150k each so around 750 for the building sound reasonable?

cheers

Back