Peter Brock killed in crash...

Reports coming through that Peter Brock has been killed in a racing crash in WA.

Really hammering home the sense of one's mortality this week...

Yep its all going around the office like a bushfire.

With the death of Colin Theile earlier this week as well hopefully that will be the last tragedy for this week as bad things are supposed to happen in threes...

How sad this week is turning out to be, with the death of two national heros. There will be a lot of mourning done over two great losses.

Sharon

:eek:
Tragic News

Truly a racing legend in Australia.
Sad day for the motor racing community and fans.

Mike

Last edited:
Truly a time for mourning and reflection.

I know I'll be going home to give the family a big hug.

Regards,

Kenny

can't believe it - still coming to terms with steve's passing and now brockie ... two national hero's in one week :(

rest in peace steve and peter - this country will never forget you. god is a lucky bugger with two larikins to keep her company in heaven.

The passing of Steve Irwin was defininely a tragedy but not the same for me as losing Brocky, I feel like I grew up with him on some level. Back in the days when I raced motor cars, I had fond memories of stocking up the beer and sitting glued to the TV on Bathurst day watching Brocky carve up the opposition in either his Torana or Commodore, truly inspiring stuff. The duels with Moffat were great viewing. He would take many a turn with only SOME of the wheels on Terra Firma.
Vale Brocky...........

Jim

Hiya Jim

I too was a bit of a car nut..............

Peter was very much a role model of a "gentleman" almost always fair minded, but fiercley competitive and focussed.

His driving skill was one thing, but his approach to life has left a great legacy - at least with me.

ta
rolf

I guess we won't be seeing the gecko lizard stuck to Brockies windscreen or tyres like on the TV ads now.

He had a fantastic smile from ear to ear.

RIP Peter.

Did you know one of Brockies passions was planting/replanting vast tracks of native Australian flora especially along creeks and washways and rivers.
He purchased and planted or arranged for the planting of millions of seedlings.
Now THATS A LEGACY to this great country Australia.
cheers to Peter Brock
yadreamin

Ditto Jimmy JJ...Brockie is the reason my older brother loves Holden cars, each year my younger sister and I would annoy the hell out of our brother and sit up on the couch and watch Bathurst with him...and naturally because our brother adored Brockie, and we adored our older brother, it only follows we still adore Peter Perfect!

...Not withstanding, all the wonderful work and encouragement, Peter gave of, and from, himself off the track too..not only a champion racing driver but fine humanitarian.

God bless the King of the Mountain...what a sad couple of weeks losing such great Australians.

As someone who was born in Bathurst and lived the first 21 years of my life there, it's probably no surprise that I was a huge fan of Brocky.

The years I spent as a kid walking around the mount selling programs for pocket money watching this bloke ignite a mountain with passion and respect won't be forgotten in a hurry, nor will his genuine love for the fans that followed him.

I bought my first car because of him ... a GTR Torana :) ... I wrote my first car off because I couldn't drive like him :( ... I watched him win a 1000km race by six laps and break the lap record on the last lap .... I was there in 97 when he retired ... sooo many memories.

Thank you Peter

Cheers

Phil

Back