Prenap...

Prenups = insurance = must.

No prenup, no going out.

You dont drive car uninsured, dont have your house uninsured. You dont see unforseen circumstances. if you really committed to your investing future you would have it.

This is probably the best response in the thread. Thank you.

Yes, and no one "made" him do it.

My issue is not with pre nups, pre naps, males, females and anything in between it is with your choice of wording and/or perception that a man or woman or anything in between is "made" do it.

Invest:
How many here have made their partners sign prenups prior to getting married or forming any type of union?

I take the perception of talking and discussing issues, almost any issue ....with my partner and seeking his/her input and resolution where possible.

Last edited:
Yes, and no one "made" him do it.

My issue is not with pre nups, pre naps, males, females and anything in between it is with your choice of wording and/or perception that a man or woman or anything in between is "made" do it.

Invest:

I take the perception of talking and discussing issues, almost any issue ....with my partner and seeking his/her input and resolution where possible.

I am sorry but if you were made to do something by some bad people in the past and the word "made" is offensive to you... :D

I also find it funny that you need to check my wording in sentences... :D

Anyway, Im not here to e-fight or argue.
Cheers bud!

I am pleased I could share some of my enlightenment with you.

I am not here for anything but offer some contrast of your perception(s). The good thing of a forum, the pros and cons.

No, not made do anything, and (I do not, consider on it's own) an offensive word, it is part of our wonderful language, but all words can mean many things by those that use them/context relevant, (clarification for you) on this, below:

Invest:
I am sorry but if you were made to do something by some bad people in the past and the word "made" is offensive to you...

Puzzled more than anything why you would feel you have control or power over another person to coherce them into a contract.

Thankyou for your feedback.

Puzzled more than anything why you would feel you have control or power over another person to coherce them into a contract.

Isn't marriage itself a contract... you're just adding one more condition - "I promise to love, honor, obey and not steal all your money". :D

I wouldn't MAKE someone sign one, I'd simply give them the option - sign it or don't marry me. ;)

My partner came into this relationship with virtually nothing - computer, clothes and a few bits of furniture his mother insisted he take.

I had everything else, and at the time a reasonably well-paying job. We don't have a prenup.

I think prenups are a good idea for those that already have a large amount of wealth before they're married. Though I'm not sure how effectual they are once kids etc come into the picture as isn't the family court free to set them aside and deliver their own judgement?

We're getting married tomorrow. My fiancée was more than happy to sign a pre-nup but I didn't bother.

A) We're staying together (yeah I know - everyone says that! :p).
B) We're going to have kids straight away so pre-nups aren't worth much after that I believe.
C) She's been along with me for the ride supporting me for a large portion of the asset base I've now accumulated. Without her support it wouldn't be as large as it is now, so I feel she is entitled to a portion of it anyway.
D) For the next few years at least (until the marriage is well and truly ensconced with time and kids) the above asset base has a lot of debt with it, so there's not really much to take me for anyway.

Isn't marriage itself a contract... you're just adding one more condition - "I promise to love, honor, obey and not steal all your money". :D

I wouldn't MAKE someone sign one, I'd simply give them the option - sign it or don't marry me. ;)

Since when did a piece of paper keep two people together? And words mean nothing... I personally look at people's actions and judge/consider them that way :)

"I wouldn't MAKE someone sign one, I'd simply give them the option - sign it or don't marry me."

- Agreed 100%. :) If they will not sign it, they obviously have a hidden agenda...

I am pleased I could share some of my enlightenment with you.

I am not here for anything but offer some contrast of your perception(s). The good thing of a forum, the pros and cons.

No, not made do anything, and (I do not, consider on it's own) an offensive word, it is part of our wonderful language, but all words can mean many things by those that use them/context relevant, (clarification for you) on this, below:

Invest:

Thankyou for your feedback.

I don't know if you've heard but many people DO marry for money and to gain MOREcontrol. That's the way our society works.
Most will never admit it but its true.

Being rich provides safety, comfort, good education for children and etc.
I'm yet to see single women fighting each other to get married to a bum on the street...

I think prenups are a good idea for those that already have a large amount of wealth before they're married. Though I'm not sure how effectual they are once kids etc come into the picture as isn't the family court free to set them aside and deliver their own judgement?

We're getting married tomorrow. My fiancée was more than happy to sign a pre-nup but I didn't bother.

B) We're going to have kids straight away so pre-nups aren't worth much after that I believe.
C) She's been along with me for the ride supporting me for a large portion of the asset base I've now accumulated. Without her support it wouldn't be as large as it is now, so I feel she is entitled to a portion of it anyway.
D) For the next few years at least (until the marriage is well and truly ensconced with time and kids) the above asset base has a lot of debt with it, so there's not really much to take me for anyway.

Good luck too both of you,i hope it becomes a special day for you both..willair

You are right that once the kids are involved, it changes things.
I have heard judges being vary of pre nups but then again, many people have kids, but dont get married so if they ever part ways, then its a lot less messy when it comes to the deviding of assets part.

How old are you and your fiance if I may ask?

I don't know if you've heard but many people DO marry for money and to gain MOREcontrol. That's the way our society works.
Most will never admit it but its true.

Being rich provides safety, comfort, good education for children and etc.
I'm yet to see single women fighting each other to get married to a bum on the street...

I don't mind admitting I wouldn't look twice at a guy who had no assets (well maybe if he was hot - but he wouldn't get a third look ;) ). It's not that I'm shallow, I'm building myself equity so I can live a comfortable life. Even if I found a guy with nothing and was prepared to sign a prenup I wouldn't be interested. I don't think love itself is a solid enough foundation for a long term relationship, and if a guy is going to waste all his money and has no direction or goals for his future then that's not someone I want to spend my life with. It's not about him not having money, but what it represents in his way of thinking, and it's not something I could or would want to live with.

P.S. Goodluck tomorrow Steveadl, hope it all goes well.

Back