Property No.7

fellow somersofters,
Wish to share some good news.
I have just done my 7th purchase today - a corner block in a nice young suburb of western sydney (more specific details after the cooling off period)!

A 4 bed brick house sits on it, built around the mid 80s, so not much depreciation there. Purchased for 295,000. Will need a bit of a reno - paint, floor covering and kitchen - 10K approx. Block size is 620 sqm, so plenty of room at the rear to swing a cat. :D

Planning on a granny flat with a seperate side entrance.
As is, the Rental assessment is between 340-350pwk. And I guess could increase that by another 200 pwk with a dual occupancy....hopefully!

congrats

I hope will be able to make the same post as you have one day :)

If granny flats were fashion you would right up there with the latest !

stuart

Good on ya Chief.........nothing gentle about your way of thinking ;)

Nice strategy....will be keen to hear of how your GF project goes. :)

hey gentle chief,

Just wondering what suburb?

I just purchsed at Hassle Grove.

3 bedder on 600sqm with new kitchen and bathroom for $320K.

A little more but its in a nice cul de sac close to the schools and in realy good condition. Should get about $370 rent

Be good to hear your strategy too Chief. i.e. How did you get to 7 properties, how long have been investing, what do you buy, how do you buy etc etc.

Always good to see how everyone is doing it.

Thanks,
Gooram

hey gentle chief,

Just wondering what suburb?

I just purchsed at Hassle Grove.

3 bedder on 600sqm with new kitchen and bathroom for $320K.

A little more but its in a nice cul de sac close to the schools and in realy good condition. Should get about $370 rent

Hi daniel, you meant Hassall Grove right :D

Thanks everyone, kind words of encouragement indeed!

Hi Gooram,

Thanks for your query - but well honestly, I don't feel very accomplished to share my story **as yet **. I am still a 'Learner' here...:)
But on summary, yeah, I have been buying regularly, as soon as I spot a bargain (about 5-7% below recent sales data). With this purchase I have 4 in Sydney, 1 in regional VIC and 2 in regional QLD (in Moranbah). Of the 7, six loans are with Westpac and one with ING. Westpac have been very supportive (though I was upset for their out-of-line IR increase recently, but they have counter balanced it with a sizeable discount off the SVR) and serviceability of the loans has been smooth, as my portfolio is Positive, and will be positive until the rates go up by another 1.8%, and then, it will be neutral. My income from my job would then have to kick in, but I guess by then, my rents would have gone up by 5-10% for it to remain CF Neutral.

Currently my plan is to keep buying and holding for the long term and let the CPI Inflation do the rest on the portfolio....even a 7% compounding factor would be great. The biggest plus is that wifey is now a strong supporter of the plans & does most of the admin work. She was a reluctant rabbit earlier.... but I guess she could not beat me, so she joined me :rolleyes:

Cheers,
GC

Sounds like a good safe strategy... do you buy positive or have your props become positive over time?

I found CBA to be quite supportive when we had all our loans with them, latest purchase involved a refi and moving one loan away from them and over to westpac. Lets just say they're no longer supportive.

Congratulations to you and your wife, Gentle Chief ! 7 is a magic number.

Congratulations to you, Daniel on your purchase at Hassal Grove.

Sydney certainly seems ripe for the picking !

Back