Provide phone, yes/no ?

So do I need to provide the initial connection for a tenant as well?
My unit has the line installed, but no dial tone, possibly meaning that it needs to be reconnected requiring a technician out there.

Should I get the line at least working with a dial tone, or leave it for the tenant to foot the bill?

Not so sure if it should leave any thing behind for the tenant though, as lots of my friends who are renting, the first thing they do when they move in is to throw away everything that was left behind, like toilet roll, washing detergent, etc...:-(

So do I need to provide the initial connection for a tenant as well?
My unit has the line installed, but no dial tone, possibly meaning that it needs to be reconnected requiring a technician out there.

Should I get the line at least working with a dial tone, or leave it for the tenant to foot the bill?

Hi Tez,

If you want to be nice to your tenant then you can offer to reimburse them the difference between the standard connection fee of $59 and the initial connection fee.

Do not connect it yourself because then it will cost extra - you will pay the initial connection and then tenant will pay the $59 to have it connected again.

However if it was me (as it seems like this is a not a new property, the land line has just not been connected for a long time), I would just warn the tenant that it might cost extra and that this is their responsbility (which it is legally). There is no guarantee that future tenants are going to keep the line connected and then you will be up for another "initial" connection fee.

Well, after a fairly shitful and hectic day, We had 2 people come round and inspect yesterday afternoon, and they both seemed very impressed with the place.. so we might actually get the (optimistic, I thought...) figure we asked for.. enough to offset what we're payin to rent.

I'm fairly confident they would both be acceptable tenants.. now I need to decide which to pick and why..

Hong - if they want to throw the toilet paper etc out, that's perfectly fine by me.
We're wishing there was toilet paper left behind where we've just moved to... haven't had a chance to buy any yet.

I can cope with free beer :p
TheCamel

We didn't meet on the prearranged day- and it was just as well, I didn't get a queue of people calling themselves "TheCamel" on the original day (before the discussion went offline). Which probably means that Somersooft is not a very good advertising medium for my line of business :D

It was great to meet you and your lovely wife.

But you only accepted ONE free beer.

So you may need to pop by again.

Back