Religious investing scams

I second Tracey's & Gentle Giants comments,

Its not about religion its about TRUST.

Anybody who violates a position of trust, be it from church, family, social relationship, friendship, financial planner etc has done the wrong thing.

Ultimately as the atheists have said, everyone is responsible for their own decisions and wears the consequences....BUT it makes it all that much more difficult when your trust in that person or advice is ultimately shown to be misplaced.

Cheers,
Aimjoy

I think I fall into the "respectful, tolerant, loving atheist" category :D.

I have seen plenty of hate-filled, bigoted, disrespectful religious people too.
Crumbs, I hope I haven't given you the wrong impression. :eek: I wasn't entirely clear before, so let me make it 100% clear now that I don't even remotely think that "good religious person" and "bad atheist" are the only two options - of course there are plenty of "bad religious people" and "good atheists"! :)

My point was that in valuing people, we should consider that individual's personal qualities, much more than (or, preferably, instead of) whether they are atheist or religious.

I was highlighting to those who are criticising religious people so vehemently, that if they had to choose between a religious person who had good qualities, and an atheist who had many undesirable qualities, surely the fact that the religious person is basically a good person would outweigh the "negative" that they perceive about that person's status as a religious person.

i am annoyed about the tax exempt status for these religious outfits. I wanted to open a branch of the agnostic church here but guess i just have too much else going on. may still do it in a couple of years time. If you build up a profitable religious organisation and then want to disband it, what happens?

Back