Selling Books

Found a book exchange that will take my paperback books for cash. Only around $2.00 for average ones, but he says he's selling them as fast as he gets them.

Either its BS or true. Where do we think he's selling them? Otherwise I will sell the ones I've got direct to consumer myself rather than through him.

Ebay would be to hard to break into, wouldn't it?

Thoughts?

Found a book exchange that will take my paperback books for cash. Only around $2.00 for average ones, but he says he's selling them as fast as he gets them.

Either its BS or true. Where do we think he's selling them? Otherwise I will sell the ones I've got direct to consumer myself rather than through him.

Thoughts?
We occasionally sell our books to this little European scoundrel at the Dandenong market.

He then on-sells them, and will even take back the ones you buy later on for a trade-in.

We occasionally sell our books to this little European scoundrel at the Dandenong market.

He then on-sells them, and will even take back the ones you buy later on for a trade-in.

On sells via his stall then, but this guy never has anyone in his store ever. Don't really want to ask him or think it's fair if I do ask.

Some of us do still like to read physical books (believe it or not :D ) ... there is a great little second hand shop in Cooks Hill (Newcastle) that does a roaring trade. This is because it's a real up-vibe area, but also because he has high turnover his books are generally pretty new and in-demand.

Perhaps your guy is on-selling to someone like this ... or bundling and selling at the markets. A friend used to do this with old books - tie 5 in a bundle and sell the bundle for $5-10 - she sold heaps

Thoughts?

I go to a several auctions each week,some of the people that I have got to know over the years buy all the boxes of old books from the deceased estates, sometimes and :rolleyes:depending on who's standing behind them the boxes go for 2 bucks plus 17% buyers- premium,never more then 5 bucks and sometimes 100 books per box,they then onsell at local country nth nsw Brisbane weekend flea markets and gumtree-e-bay ect,just do those numbers some who are also on disabilities pensions but can carry a 50 kilo box of books make a very good fast bucks cash income..

This is one of the best second hand book shops in Brisbane a short walk from the bunker..http://www.bentbooks.com.au/

Back