• I'm a bloke. Stay up top

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • I'm a woman. Get down and experience the pain

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I'm a woman. Stay up top.

Votes: 22 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You had to cook after bringing home a newborn?!

You find this amazing?!? :)

You have a baby, and life goes on. partners need to go back to work (if they could even get time off), children need to be looked after, people (yourself included) need to be fed, housework still needs to be done.

I'm lucky, my DH does most of the cooking in this house, but if he is cooking that means I have to look after the other kids (newborn or not) - I think cooking is the easier option. :)

Thanks for everyone's advice.

My beautiful misses took up the challenge and gave birth yesterday. He's a cute little boy, who has all his father's flaws.

I stayed up top for the birthing process which was only 23 mins long. I vertured down the angry end on occassion to comply with demands. When I vertured back up I had my head down and blinkers on like a defendant walking out of court to a media frenzy.

I cried a little, hugged a lot and have been smiling since.

Congrats to all the mums and mummies to be. You do a great job.

congratualtions to you both!!!! Now you have have to give all us mums the details- what did he weigh? how long is he? name????? hair?:D

yay - and thrilled for you. glad you "went with the flow" and WHAT! 23 minutes. sheesh and lucky - i went for 26 hours!

Thanks guys.

The little fella's name is Mason William ##. 7lb 1 ounce. 50.5cm

I wanted to name him 'Tank' or 'Rampage' but the home boss stepped in.

When we turned up at the hospital, we were there for about an hour whilst the midwives did some assessments. They decided that my misses was probably in pre labour pains. Once my misses heard that they were only 'pre labour pains' she wanted a Caesarean and told me that she couldn't go head with childbirth. The midwives asked her to try and get some sleep for the following day. A plea for pain relief was made. Panadol was the answer. A subsequent internal established that she was already 6cm dilated. She was moved to the birthing suite and sat on the toilet for 10 mins followed by a push. She was then put on the birthing bed and it all began.

Lucky I didn't go to bed as suggested. My misses is still asking for the pain relief that she missed out on. What a tough cookie. That's why she's the boss.

I have goosebumps. That is so wonderful, CONGRATULATIONS!!

I love his name, I live on a street called Mason!

Well done to your wife on the birth, no matter how prepare for it, it is a journey with pain like no other, and the most amazing outcome.

What is the right answer when your wife says that she can't go ahead with childbirth? Poor girl she must have been scared.

Answer = Reassurance to wife and time to tell midwive to put on gloves and check if dilated.

Congratulations on your baby son's safe arrival.

Best kept secret is how painful child birth can be!

Cheers
Sheryn

Back