Someone's making money at the moment...

made £250,000 ($550,000) in less than an hour

This is what irritates the hell out of me.

He makes nothing - provides no goods to society.
He provides nothing - doesn't offer either goods nor services to society.
He does nothing - no assistance is forthcoming in any regard.

He doesn't own property to either house people or business operations, he doesn't own shares in companies that produce things or provide services. He simply sits there and bets on companies stock prices dropping.

Trouble is - the young folk working hard see this 61yr old sitting on his bum making more in 1 hour than they earn in 10 years and think....bugger that....I want to do that. No wonder restaurant and cafe owners can't find wait staff and brickies and sparkies can't find labourers, and REA firms can't find anyone to actually put the sign up on the property.

Everybody wants to sit on their ****, stare into a screen and manage either their money or everyone else.

No doubt we'll all end up with huge bums, no legs, big eyes and 27 fingers on each hand so we can type faster and click on more weblinks. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, can you imagine all of society sitting on their bums doing nothing but staring into a computer. I mean, we have about 80% of scoiety doing it now, and no doubt it will increase further.....but really....doesn't anyone do a real job anymore ??

gazes at four computer screens filled with stock prices

Given the size of his jowls and grossly obese condition, he's probably got about 3 months to live anyway. The typical human being in the future no doubt. Rant off.

The problem is with these guys is you only hear about the times they win
i would like to see his balance sheet for the times that he gets blown out of the water,i bet the media would not say that about George Soros when he is making a financial bet, that's one person that has the ability to look at the world without the need to find signs that stroke one's ego....willair..

Unfortunately, can you imagine all of society sitting on their bums doing nothing but staring into a computer. I mean, we have about 80% of scoiety doing it now, and no doubt it will increase further.....but really....doesn't anyone do a real job anymore ??

Well Dazz, if it helps any my husband quit his mouse clicking job yesterday to go at the age of 34 and try to get an apprenticeship as a carpenter. He just likes to build stuff and wants to learn how to do it properly. The cash flow situation is making me lose sleep but I am glad he is finally taking a step toward do what makes him happy.

Louise

Louise, my brother did his carpentry apprenticeship, but all he wanted to do was be a motor mechanic. :)

(He has gone on to do, and follow, the passions of his life, but found he ended up wanting to keep the finger in carpentry anyway).

Actually, he is a wonderful mentor for learning/showing me stuff about cars and houses.

I see guy above making a fortune as following his passion/interest...and taking the opportunity to apply it at a very opportune time. Good on him.

He makes nothing - provides no goods to society.
He provides nothing - doesn't offer either goods nor services to society.
He does nothing - no assistance is forthcoming in any regard.

You're overlooking the benefits of all the money he may end up pumping into the economy. All those transactions create jobs for back office admin staff in broking firms plus what about all the extra KFC workers they have to put on when he's celebrating!

I've found that traders who shoot their mouths off during a winning streak tend to be very, very quiet during their eventual losing streaks. Most good traders are humble, secretive and keep out of the public eye unless they have a barrow to push or funds to raise.

He reminds me of Mr Boggis from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.

or maybe its just like the dot.com traders who thought they could give up their day jobs to trade new technology shares, that the old fuddy duddy's just didnt get it!!!
or the new generation day traders who thought they didnt have to get a proper job because the china for longer strategy meant 2nd/3rd tire resource stocks were a no brainer way of making excessive market returns.

The short seller market will have its time in the sun, but like any trading strategy it doesnt last forever.

hmmmm - wonder how that young guy with the teeth, from sbs "the nest" is doing now. he was a full time trader out of his parents spare bedroom - and apparently quite successful at the time of the show. (bit full of himself too)

Great gig if you can get it?:p

Given the size of his jowls and grossly obese condition, he's probably got about 3 months to live anyway. The typical human being in the future no doubt. Rant off.

Back