Starting a very small business!

You've answered your own question, all you need is 15 more products and a constant stream of short blogs.
Put your consultancy into audio products or video products for sale, promotion or giveaways, and make new versions often. New version are the best answer to piracy i reckon.
Unless you market niche is so small you should'nt have to even look anywhere else.
Are your sales coming from clickbank affiliates or direct?

Hi

I have that rare animal - a lucrative niche. Have 6 products ranging from 20 bucks up to 200 bucks.

I have ideas for atleast 5 more info products.

I found that a huge KEY to success is to find out what you indutsry is doing and then use elance or similar websites to do it much much cheaper. Replicate products at a fraction fo the cost of your competititon. Build your brand before someone else does. Also try and arrange easily accessible info into a more meaningful way. Something that is worth paying for!

It also helps if you are a world authority (or atleast and real expert). I say that humbly offcourse!

All my clients come directly. They visit my blog and buy my stuff using paypal. Controlling the flow of information is important to me.

Cant really consult without being hands on because of the situations!

Sounds like you are doing something similar.

Maybe ill start an aussierogue blog and spill all the beans (for 35 bucks anyway) ha!

cheers
Aussie

Maybe ill start an aussierogue blog and spill all the beans (for 35 bucks anyway) ha!

I'd pay $35. Sounds like it would be a good read.

With regard to GST, even if you're still under $75k just remember some mortgagors want to see ABN + GST that's 2 years old or more.

As much effort as you want to put into marketing it, and close to zero cost. Paypal takes a slice of each sale if you use paypal, clickbank you give a slice to other people to get them to sell for you.

Absolutely ideal passive income stream.

Hi

I have that rare animal - a lucrative niche. Have 6 products ranging from 20 bucks up to 200 bucks.

I have ideas for atleast 5 more info products.

I found that a huge KEY to success is to find out what you indutsry is doing and then use elance or similar websites to do it much much cheaper. Replicate products at a fraction fo the cost of your competititon. Build your brand before someone else does. Also try and arrange easily accessible info into a more meaningful way. Something that is worth paying for!

It also helps if you are a world authority (or atleast and real expert). I say that humbly offcourse!

All my clients come directly. They visit my blog and buy my stuff using paypal. Controlling the flow of information is important to me.

Cant really consult without being hands on because of the situations!

Sounds like you are doing something similar.

cheers
Aussie

how very timely.

i too am using internet marketing to start something.

i'll give you two guesses as to what i'm selling (the idea of "atheists anon" is too hard a business model to structure :D:D) but i'm attending Armand Moran on Thurs to expand this further.

ideas ideas ideas - i'd love to pick your brains for some ideas on if your products are linked / related, if not how do you cross sell etc...? not interested in what you're selling cause that's your edge, happy to not go there.

PM or email...? please? :D

A good way to get any info product out is through JV's.

Check out some of these names for more info:

Codrut Turcanu
Gina Gaudio-Graves
Ken Envoy
Steven Lee Jones
Chris Crompton

I too am using internet marketing to start something.
Following Mr Moran will have a 100% chance of him making money and < 1/1000% of you making money.

I'd suggest start with a specific idea, and focus on that.
Don't try to do it all at once. Work on the one idea basics only for at least the first few mths.
Then slighty widen the focus concentraing on the next stage, while still continuosly working on stage #1.
Allow at least 1 yr for meaninfull results.

Your strategy may vary depending on what you want to achieve ie tied in with current biz or selling unrelated products. But it's pretty hard to formulate strategy without knowing the product.

good luck

So when we talk about these products, are we talking about purely information products or am I missing something? You write up these products for that niche market, and they buy the information packs?

I always like the idea of an online business to boost ones income, but coming up with an idea that seems feasible is hard. Anyone want to give me some ideas? haha.

What a great thread, I'm pretty close to launching my website, complete with e-book etc. It was supposed to launch last August then I got a consultancy in Sydney which would have been a massive conflict of interest if anyone had twigged to it ( and which is worth prosecution in my industry if you get caught ...ICAC etc) so I have shelved the launch till next month. It is a subject I'm very passionate about.

I spent 3 months last year learning all I could about internet marketing, affiliates etc and have read most of the relevant books. The 4 hour work week is awesome, I have both copies and the latest version has good case studies of people who have actually done it.

(I have also read a great book recently called "Drive" by Daniel H Pink ...it mentions something stunning for all of you who thought "working for the man" was as w*nky as you though it was...a system called ROWE (results only work environment) where employes are allowed to struture their day and work at home etc, any hours so long as the task is done...its awesome...but I digress...sorry..)

My blog based internet biz will provide tons of advice on how to get around the bureaucracy in my industry and also commentary on the latest issues and where I think future directions for my speciality may be. I'll definitely let you all know when it launches as it may help people here.

My advice for people starting out is to go with something you are passionate about, my thing is very niche and, in some ways, I worried about going to all the trouble of setting it up as it does not have wide appeal, it will mainly be useful to anyone dealing with local govt but I will give it a go and see what happens.

The ideal thing would be to be like you Aussierogue, and have something with a wider appeal, especially to the large US market but hopefully this will be the first of a few to follow.

So when we talk about these products, are we talking about purely information products or am I missing something? You write up these products for that niche market, and they buy the information packs?
In most cases yes, they are informational products like "how to" manuals or books, audio books & vidoes.
But they can also be services that can be delivered online.
But this does'nt mean that's the only way to do it or that it won't work for an offline biz promotion.
I always like the idea of an online business to boost ones income, but coming up with an idea that seems feasible is hard. Anyone want to give me some ideas? haha.
Is becoming/being a plumber hard? Probably not.
Does it take time? Yes a few years.
Is starting up/owning a plumbing biz hard? Probably considerably harder.
Does it take time? Yes lots.
Does it take effort? Yes lots of hours in admin, accounts, marketing, advertising and the actual work as well.

If you created a new product for the plumbing industry, would it be easy to promote and sell from scratch?
That's pretty much what the process is. You are creating a new product from scratch.
You can also think of it as a new artist recording a new song that nobody heard of.

The only problem with this industry is that its not normal to start with a process and then think of a product. it should be the other way around.

Remember that if you are not selling something of value then the idea will be short lived!

Dont take consumers for suckers!

In most cases yes, they are informational products like "how to" manuals or books, audio books & vidoes.
But they can also be services that can be delivered online.
But this does'nt mean that's the only way to do it or that it won't work for an offline biz promotion.

Is becoming/being a plumber hard? Probably not.
Does it take time? Yes a few years.
Is starting up/owning a plumbing biz hard? Probably considerably harder.
Does it take time? Yes lots.
Does it take effort? Yes lots of hours in admin, accounts, marketing, advertising and the actual work as well.

If you created a new product for the plumbing industry, would it be easy to promote and sell from scratch?
That's pretty much what the process is. You are creating a new product from scratch.
You can also think of it as a new artist recording a new song that nobody heard of.

I understand.

Like anything, you have to work hard. It's not just as easy as creating a website! I'll have to keep jotting down my ideas until something good comes along.

Products & processes are two different things.

If your a plumber who loves hardware and tools, and you write a "plumber's tools manual", then that could be a product.

There is a process involved in developing that product.
And a process you then undertake to bring that product to the marketplace.
But the processes does not "make" the product and does'nt come "before" the product. Ideas & knowledge make the product.
The product may be brought to market as free web content, paid ebook, free newsletter, bloggified etc etc.
Depending on your delivery & target market your process involved may change.
So I would suggest focusing only on "plumbers tools" first few months.
Then start slowly expanding your focus slightly, without stopping on the main subject.

Gone are the days that you make a product, start an adwords campaign, and get a 200% return (unless it uses obscure keywords and thus hardly any traffic). You gotta be a little more "agile" these days.
And ftr getting a stack of crappy backlinks no longer works either. It's not about quantity.

You really should'nt have to search too hard for ideas. If you can't think of something you ramble on for hours about it may be pushing it uphill.

Back