Tenant Request - Permission for a Goat!

A friend of mine had a goat in Belgrave years ago, everytime we would come home from the pub at night it would be standing on the roof of his Holden Premier. It chewed all the corners of his timber decking, stumps and steps ate clothes off the washing line. Complete nightmare

I dont like this talk of eating goats (or any animal for that matter). :rolleyes:

But yes I have heard they eat clothes off the line. Tell your tenant that, it may just be the way to turn her off the idea ;)

I dont like this talk of eating goats (or any animal for that matter). :rolleyes:

But yes I have heard they eat clothes off the line. Tell your tenant that, it may just be the way to turn her off the idea ;)

You are a tiger...you eat animals for a living...:confused:

Bap.gif

If it looks like this, you might have a problem...

Mark

When I was a PM I had a landlord that brought a goat for his tenants for Christmas to keep the blackberries in the back paddock down!! Couldn't believe it when the tenants rang me! They were thrilled to have such a caring landlord!:D

So ... did you say yes or no.

Just in case you haven't yet said no ...

As a child in north Qld we had two goats - Harry and Sarah (named after some ornery neighbours).

Harry spent his time violently ramming into us kids and then attempting to hump us. We soon learned to stay beyond the length of his rope. Sarah was just a quiet bleater. They made no impact on the grass whatsoever. Note, Harry was so psychotic that tying him was dangerous to his health - be warned, if you go ahead with this, you may find your tenant's neighbours calling to advise of a dead goat, strangled by his own rope ...

They crapped everywhere - small black pebbles that never seemed to break down and stank out the property well after the goats were given away in desperation, possibly longer (we moved out).

Big fat no to this one.

I entertained the notion of getting a goat a while back. I have an extremely big backyard.

Don't get a boy goat. Boy goats wee on their beards (try not to think too hard about this, and do NOT try this at home, lads) and they have really, REALLY strong-smelling wee. Apparently it makes them more attractive to lady goats.

Lots of goats around this area, people shoot them, eat them (they do taste very nice, and very lean meat), and keep the female kids for lawnmowers. And yes, I know they don't eat grass, but I'm outback enough that we don't have much more than bluebush and acacias out here, both of which goats eat.

Best way to tie up a goat or dog out here is to chain and bolt them to a heavy old tyre with a rope long enough to go up and over the highest part of your fence, so if they jump the fence the tyre stays on one side and the goat doesn't hang themselves.

Personally I have roundup and a whippersnipper. Tell your tenant to get a pony instead :D

Back