Terrible neighbours

Hi,

I've just moved into a new house and there are a copule of young blokes that live across the road that are absolutely feral. Music extremely loud up to 4am in the morning, fighting, smashing cars (their own?!) etc. It's pretty bad and the police won't/can't do anything (I've tried).

Anyway, is there a way to find out who the owner of the property is so that I can contact them directly, because I couldn't imagine that they would be aware of what is happening at their place right now.

BR

:mad:

YUK!

I have been in a similar situation in the past, but just moved. lol

Here in SA we have the Land Titles Office. You just go in there and do a search on the property from which you can glean a vast array of information, most importantly the owners address/contact details (it costs a nominal fee).

I have not needed to do a search in the ACT before, this link should help you though; http://www.rgo.act.gov.au/landtitles.shtml

Cheers

Jacob

p.s. I figured out a quick and inexpensive way to find out who the owners are; just go accross the road and ask your lovely neighbours! LOL :p

I've just moved into a new house and there are a copule of young blokes that live across the road that are absolutely feral. Music extremely loud up to 4am in the morning, fighting, smashing cars (their own?!) etc. It's pretty bad and the police won't/can't do anything (I've tried).

Anyway, is there a way to find out who the owner of the property is so that I can contact them directly, because I couldn't imagine that they would be aware of what is happening at their place right now.
A copule? The mind boggles :D

The ACT also has a Land Titles Office. There is a rather large pdf document with all their policies. Chapter 9 has the information you require.
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow]Land Index Search [FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow]Customers may search the TARQUIN Land Index by using terminals located in the public area of the Registrar-General’s Office, at no cost. [/FONT]
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow]The Land Index provides cross-references to parcel identifier, volume/folio (current and historical), DP number and Units Plan Number. [/FONT]
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow] [/FONT]
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow]Title Search [FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=NFBMME+ArialNarrow]A customer carrying out a conveyance or a general enquiry may obtain a scanned copy of the Crown Lease from IDMS to ascertain lease covenants and conditions, and, in addition, should carry out a Title Search from the Titles Automated Register and Document Information System (TARQUIN) to determine current information such as owner, encumbrances and unregistered dealings etc. This search is guaranteed correct by the Registrar-General and fees are payable. [/FONT]

Hmmmm... you don't live next to me by any chance do you? I've got the exact same issue with the neighbours accross the road. They actually own the house though, so eviction is pretty much out of the question. They are in their mid-30's, so you would have thought they would have grown out of it by now.

We just have the cops on speed dial. We've managed to have 1 car confiscated so far, and they have calmed down quite a bit. We've made numerous complaints to the council and the police and are at the stage where we'll start pressing the state government for a solution.

I reckon those guys over east that torched the car had the right idea, though I can't really advocate that as it's kinda illegal.

Oh man, you're not near one of my Ip's are you! :eek:

Even when you can get in touch with the owners (or agent) it's not easy.... we have some (sub)tenants who are apparently similarly noisy, feral (police out every week type thing) - BUT - the rent gets paid (early) and we have so far been unable to find damage to the property on inspections (figure that one out??).... despite the fact the fire brigade had to be called out when one idiot lit a big fire in a drum can (bbq??) in the back yard and the neighbours feared their houses would get burnt down.

I have requested the neighbours notify the agent (under the quiet enjoyment of neighbours clause of the RTA)... this may have helped, as I haven't heard much in a while (fingers crossed....)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hmmmm... you don't live next to me by any chance do you? I've got the exact same issue with the neighbours accross the road. They actually own the house though, so eviction is pretty much out of the question. They are in their mid-30's, so you would have thought they would have grown out of it by now..

What suburb is that, Pup?

Can't the police book them for making noise after hours?
Ha ha. That would be great. My neighbours rang them up on two different occassions, once they said 10pm was curfew, another time they said midnight. They can't even get it right. I called them at 11:30pm the other night and the police arrived at 1:30am. The cars/heads had already been smashed and the party abandoned when the idiots decided it would be a good idea to go to hospital to get stitched up (meanwhile running up and down the street yelling obscenities about how they're going to kill the person that hit them etc).

My neighbour went over there the following morning for a chat and the tool couldn't understand what the problem was. His comment was 'I'm young, we're just having fun'.

BR

If the Police always take this long to respond to a call
it makes me think that you need more police in the area.
If you don't get anywhere, call up the local police station and
complaint for their lack of action.
cheers

BV,

The cops are bodyguards for the rich. Case in point: my flat was broken into twice. Both times I rang the cops and they came around (after about three hours), took a bit of a look around, wrote out a report and left. They couldn't have given a stuff. I doubt that would have happened if I'd been living in Toorak or Brighton at the time (was living in St. Kilda).

Mark

Back