The Apprentice

The people I'd have working for me are (in no particular order):
Mary-Anne
Sam
Heather
Morello

I see the Yellow Brick Road venture has been launched. Saw an ad online looking for franchisees.

Heather
Maryanne
Gavin/Morello
Sam

My order/even though your is not.

Sam is fantastic but a little too wet behind the ears for a major Exec role.

Miss World flies under the radar. She would have been next if Sam's team didn't lose.

She has to go next surely.

Regards JO

Sad to see Sam go, but wonderful he will have an interview when the show is over.

Would have to be a toss up between Miss World and Gavin who goes next. pleeeeeeeeeeease let it be Miss World, everything she does now irritates me, she only has to open her mouth and it is like pulling teeth for me painful.

I missed last weeks show, how come there is a new female advisor to the teams?

I think the final will be beween Maryanne and Heather, Morello is a big show pony, larger then life and ok, but think it will be the two girls together at the end. I like Maryann.

There is only one person there who I would consider hiring if I had to and that is Heather who is quite smart and aware. If I had to pick anyone out of the rest then I guess Morello but he lacks in a few skills. Gavin, while not that great would make a great employee as he would do almost anything for the Boss, ideal to send out on the streets to do the Boss's experimental & bum jobs etc. ;)

so that just leave morello and the blonde lady who's name escapes me? i hope morello goes - something about him just doesn't sit right.

so that just leave morello and the blonde lady who's name escapes me? i hope morello goes - something about him just doesn't sit right.

....and the lawyer Gavin.

Morello needs to go back and do his REA thing IMO. Under pressure he went back to that 'default' setting last night.

So Heather, Gavin or Morello... i'm thinking Heather will get it.

Very hard challenges last night. Tastes in music vary SO much and as for the TV thing, OMG anyone without years of experience would find that crazy.

You know I think Maryanne saw the writing on the wall and well, heck it was funny. It's good to know she can see the funny side of life when it all turns to poop (or vegemite). She knew she was a goner I'm sure so just had fun. Honestly as a wedding organiser she is great and her business should do well from the exposure.

By the way sales of over $6000 each! Who is up buying this stuff??? :eek:

(I'm VERY tired this AM, 5 hours sleep is not enough!)

By the way sales of over $6000 each! Who is up buying this stuff??? :eek:

(I'm VERY tired this AM, 5 hours sleep is not enough!)

Exactly what I was thinking. If they can sell that much cr@p by doing amateur presentations, then imagine how well the slick guy on the Sham Wow ad is doing.
Bugga property investment. I'm getting into the TV shopping business!
I'm tired, too, if that makes you feel any better :)

I couldn't help laughing (just like Maryanne) at Morellos carpet cleaning attempt.
yeah it was very funny, I wonder what actual real viewers must have thought who seen it on TV :)

The top 3 as I expected and it should be interesting to see what happens next week.

I hope Gavin wins,he can talk his way out of anything, he never seems too have a hard time convincing the "Boss":rolleyes:,i'm still trying to understand what Mr B is looking for in a person..willair..

I was so excited to see that woman gone, she just never got it, could not make a descion at all.

I was hoping that it would be Gavin who went in the next episode, thier tactic of never commenting at all when the other was presenting on air should have made them loose, sure it was the farce with Morello not using the the vacumn cleaner correctly lost them the challenge, thought he handled himself well though. Mary Anne should have stopped him and gone to the next product.

Would have to be Heather surely who will win. Gavin gets under my skin to, he is just a slick talking geek, think he would be a back stabber in reality as well. Morello has skills but think Heather can put her hand to anything, she shows personality where as Morello is always in sales man mode and could imagine he would get over the top and not read people correctly always.

I taped it as usual but forgot it was a 2 hour episode and the tape stopped just as Morello was struggling to get the vegemite out of the carpet. Funniest thing I have seen in ages!

What was the reason for Maryanne getting fired - was it because she chose the dress for Morello to sell or something else?

I actually felt sorry for Heather not having any support from Gavin. She was obviously struggling and he should have stepped in and taken control. No doubt he had a bagful of excuses to give Bouris as to why he didn't, none of which were his fault of course.

because she laughed when Morello was struggling with a vacuum and because of her poor choice of products for him.

With heather, this was the strategy they agreed on, and he decided to stick to it, rather then step up and give her a hand. They only won by 93 bucks across 6000, so it was a very close call. No doubt Gavin would be gone had they lost.

Just noticed this thread, the show certainly gets people talking afterwards and brings various views out. Not a bad show, not quite as good as Trump's one but a lot better than the Branson one.

Thank god the smiling beauty queen has gone! Every time she was asked to speak up in the board room you would swear she was at a pageant!!! How in the hell did she ever get on the show in the first place?

A shame to see Maryanne go - although she may not have quite the corporate image some of the others do she was a hard worker and covered for others slackness often. Too bad she laughed instead of helping Morello - but easy to do when the carpet was pulled from under Mr Confidence :D

Don't trust Gavin as far as I could kick him, and I suspect that Mr B wouldn't either. Good image otherwise. He should have gone last night. I think he has been lucky so far and also flown under the radar - will come unstuck when on his own in the final run. Can't imagine him getting the same support from his team of old competitors like Morello would.

Morello - good personality, nice guy, easy to get along with but his skills are limited and does not match his confidence.

Heather - may win because she is the best of who remains, not necessarily the ideal candidate.

I'm not sure what was said in all the other posts prior to this last episode, but I nailed it with Sam. Although severely lacking in experience I think he had the right attitude and a lot of potential and I kept telling a mate week after week that I suspected that Mr B would offer him a job in his company if he did not make it through to the end ....and I was right :cool:

Heather is young and sexy (dunno why she found that so bad when it is some of her strongest qualities) and reasonably intelligent and can put 2 and 2 together. she is an ok all rounder and that should get her across the line.

Back