The Block

Oh, come on, Tuppy! It's SO exciting and interesting sitting there, staring at the TV screen, while they show Scott Cam and Shelley Craft standing there studying giant billboards for crinkles and creases for 5 minutes. I CAN'T STAND THE SUSPENSE!!!!! ;)

You are so right, especially when they replay it after the ad break ... ;).
p.s I hated the winning bathroom too - have seen that vanity in commercial toilets, where it looks great. But where's the storage?

This show is really going down the drain. It originally started with the couples actually doing some renovating, now all they do is cry, whinge and pick the colour of the curtains. Most of the designs are crap and the judges have no idea about style or practicality. I agree with Tuppence those sinks are completely useless, splashing water everywhere. The challenges have nothing to do with renovating and for every 5 minutes of activity you get to see it six times.
Are you picking up on the theme of my post?

I'm another who hated that winning bathroom. Not functional at all. Mind you, in saying that, if you know what they are looking for, you would not design to your own tastes, but to those of the judges/potential purchases.:D

I'm waiting anxiously on seeing Lizzie & Spotless apply. Hurry up ladies. I'll happily watch next series if you guys are in it. :cool:

OMG ... :eek: ... will you marry me!?

:D also married with kids - but early 40's.

Also not impressed with any of the bathrooms (actually, any of the room so far) - thought Josh and Jenna's was the best, even if finish was ordinary, but they have to share the money around. Thought Jake and Erin's appartment from last year was superb!

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/theblock/video/?videoid=11B2A9BD-046A-4EAF-A305-A6F6FADFC05E

*smiles and sighs with delight* Absolutely. We sound like a match made in reno/decorating/commercial television heaven, Lizzie. Now, a little about me;

- neat freak (although edging closer to OCD re cleanliness...can't help it :().
- Detest clutter - everything should have a 'place' and be in it (I'm big on inbuilt storage).
- I love 'contrasts' - eg. My current home has lots of white walls, kitchen, bathroom, etc, but I've got lots of navy blue with heaps of white furniture - the contrast is striking and the dark against the white looks really clean and crisp(I suppose I'd describe it as a bit 'Hamptons' style at the moment).
- I don't agree with slavishly trying to stick to a certain 'look' or style - I normally just buy whatever I think will look good and it usually works.
- I like clean, straight lines.
- Don't like an 'ultra modern' look, eg. I hated Rod and Tania's winning bathroom.
- In my 30's, married, kids.
- I possess ZERO sense of direction so you'd have to do most of the driving in the big city! :D

OMG ... :eek: ... will you marry me!?

*hopes you're down on bended knee :p* YES!!! Just as soon as the Australian Govt legalise polygamy and gay marriage!

Oh, also...judging by the two of us already, our engagement rings will also have to pass strict scrutiny re size, cut, design and quality of diamond :D.

gottabespotless said:
;813969Oh, also...judging by the two of us already, our engagement rings will also have to pass strict scrutiny re size, cut, design and quality of diamond :D.

Haha - bought my own! ... from a pawn shop.

Not only does she have class - she is frugal about it too. Sooooo made for the block!

Actually - one thing I don't get. When shopping for the candles and glassware and cushions, why not shop at "Hot Dollar" and "Target" and "ebay" etc ... okay not "designer" stuff, but some wow factor for NOT $350/cushion. I also love my local very large "Antique Centre" for inexpensive one off items with pizzaz.

And not afraid of hard work ... although had a clean out with the last move and only have two complete pair of paint and plaster and liquid nails encrusted work wear.

Knowing that the next block is in Melbourne - would just have to go down for a pre-Block familiarisation with the city!

Last edited:
I wonder if it is true that a contestant stole money from another contestant. I'm really curious to know but not planning to watch. I would rather see Dani and Eamon's cook off.

Actually - one thing I don't get. When shopping for the candles and glassware and cushions, why not shop at "Hot Dollar" and "Target" and "ebay" etc ... okay not "designer" stuff, but some wow factor for NOT $350/cushion. I also love my local very large "Antique Centre" for inexpensive one off items with pizzaz.

I agree. I have some big Hurricane Lamps that I bought from a $2 shop for $10 each (hmmm...$10? Kind of makes a mockery of the '$2' name, but I digress...) anyway, they look fantastic and everybody asks where I got them from, then they stare in amazement when I tell them. :D love it! I also love Target - they are great for sheets. Whenever they have a sale on their linen I am like a mad woman on speed! Their 1000 thread count sheets are gooooooood. I have quite a few sets - hence my need for the inbuilt storage.

Oh, I also forgot to say that I am going through a bit of a 'phase' of doing up old timber furniture (which usually just involves me giving it a good clean, sanding it back, putting on an undercoat followed by a few layers of paint -usually white as it seems to be very 'in') then I sell it on ebay :).

I've only ever been to Melbourne once - and that was in summer. I may have to study google maps every night for a year.

Lizzie and Spotless - I will drive you round Melbourne no problems

I also love the Target stuff...also the lamps from Bunnings are great and such a steal!!!!!

Get the application form NOW!!!!!!

Chris

It would be so easy to pre plan everything. I'm sure you could get the floor plans of the places they're doing next season. But I guess you risk doing a bunch of plans and then not getting on the show.

Would they take another female couple next season? They seem to only ever have one couple who are friends/sisters/brothers/gay. You probs have the most chance getting on it if you can figure out what "token" couple they're looking for next season or going on as a male/female couple.

Seeing as this season they've been criticized for no ethnic diversity you probably have the most chance if you're from a background other than Caucasian.

Also it says you have to be a long term couple so I'd lie about meeting on a forum a few weeks ago haha.

It would be so easy to pre plan everything. I'm sure you could get the floor plans of the places they're doing next season.

I don't think this year's lot have any say in their floor plans as such. The buildings seem to be going up around them, irrespective of the couples' ''renovating'' schedules.
The current Real Living mag (Aug) has a big feature on all the couples and their ''styles'' :rolleyes:, with floor plans of the houses - all remarkably similar.

Can I join the car pool for Lizzie and Spotless when they are next year's token gay/polygamous/NSW team? I live handy to South Melbourne, where rumour has it the next Block will be set, and I'm good at sniffing out bargains outside of the Richmond-Hawthorn-South Yarra designer shop range :D. Please, pretty pleae ...

Can I join the car pool for Lizzie and Spotless when they are next year's token gay/polygamous/NSW team? I live handy to South Melbourne, where rumour has it the next Block will be set, and I'm good at sniffing out bargains outside of the Richmond-Hawthorn-South Yarra designer shop range :D. Please, pretty pleae ...

Absolutely, Tuppy! We will have a big convoy of cars (Toyotas - thanks to the sponsors, of course ;)) doing runs all over Melbourne being driven by our trusty, loyal fans (so far consisting of Tuppy and Chrispy). Given that we already have a firm following (albeit...small), I can see nothing but a marketer's dream in regards to myself and Lizzie joining The Block in 2012.

As for having to be a couple who have had a 'long term relationship' - I joined this forum in January - that's 6 months - 5 months longer than the average celebrity marriage, so I'm not viewing that little piece of criteria as a hindrance to our applications. And surely we couldn't disagree/fight more than Josh and Jenna? Although Lizzie may be able to out-swear her (going by her confessions in previous posts) :D.

haha - yes - starting not to like Jenna in a big way!

No, I don't really swear much - I get frustrated, blow my top and then it's all over and back to the calm status quo ... so if you can learn to switch off from "the explosion" you'll be right.

Seems like it's beyond a rumour. Location of next years block - so you can plan ahead

403 & 407 Dorcas St South Melb

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=813053&postcount=88

Cheers

Back