Tv - Show Renovators #2

Funny, I hated August from the start, go back and you'll see all the arrogant comments he makes. He's a POS.

I want the following left in: Michael, Jarrod, Keenan, Natalia, Luke and Peter (don't really like him, have to respect him in some ways). Nathan is lazy and annoys me because of it

I agree almost entirely.

Michael and Jarrod have been a great team from the beginning, with Michael having the advantage of his trade, but Jarrod surprising me with his ability all the same.

Luke and Jason are in the same boat, but Jason does not come across as friendly and gets a bit stroppy.

Keenan works his butt off, and seems to have made a good team with Melissa (can't remember any problems)

Peter, could never really take to him either, and it has become "his" house but mainly through being to sole survivor - must be hard sharing with Sam now.

Nathan is lazy and does not deserve to win, but is likable and easy going, has had it hard being a sole survivor too. Natalia could pick the keys from his pocket, and has contributed a lot to the show in her designs. I have respect for her ability, but not overly keen on her.

August always grated on me, I don't mind Christie other than what she did with The Ivy challenge and stealing the other truck driver to help them.

I would be happy to see either Michael, Keenan or Luke win, followed up by Jarrod, then Jason, Peter, Natalia, Nathan, Melissa or Christie, Sam and last August ....if they all had the opportunity which they don't.

I don't know how they will keep the show going for another week with the auctions this week - how will they keep it secret?? And how many will sell at the auction!! Will a $1.00 profit at auction beat a $100,000 profit a few days later??

I don't know how they will keep the show going for another week with the auctions this week - how will they keep it secret?? And how many will sell at the auction!! Will a $1.00 profit at auction beat a $100,000 profit a few days later??

Hi Beachside

Agree that it's going to be tough if you wanted to wait until the end of the show to find out the results so, in the interests of not spoiling it for others perhaps we should put a warning on this thread from 8.30pm tonight- DO NOT READ ON IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE AUCTION AND WINNER RESULTS!!
:D

Last edited:
Hi Jacque

re AUCTION RESULTS

Here's an idea - any posts about auction results be posted in a separate thread, like having a safety catch. That way people will only see them if they want to, not by accident. Presumably we will see all on the show, but if not I would like to hear from the reporter on the scene later. That is if I can make it to next week without hearing about the auctions on the news - don't like my chances. Strange how they are doing it - deflates the rest of the series by letting the cat out of the bag. The way they have done it on The Block was better.

Back to tonight's show, I have not laughed and cheered so much through the series. Didn't August get his just deserts - and he is still in denial. Got to give it to the producers for making him look useless not being able to undo the allen key grub screw and fitting the toilet roll holder over the wall base. Go Christie :D

Natalia is getting her vengeance too, two competition wins in a row with the khaki team. As for selecting the first team to go down to one person in an elimination, you had to have some money on it being the shop. Would you do the right thing by your friends and give them some more time before reduced to one team member, or do you nobble your greatest competition! I think Natalia kept control quite well, Nathan was nearly p*ssing himself with laughter, Christie could not keep the smirk off her face - I hope she flattens August with a big win. As for August thinking they are both scared and shaking, Christie was practically jumping with excitement, ready to knee him in the groin :eek: and finish him off with a knock out punch - if only August could see.

Loved the show tonight, and it will only get better from here on. Some damn nice bathrooms - wish I had the flair and vision for design/decoration. Have to say the Castle Hill house may come out better than I thought, although the pebble driveway someone mentioned will pull the value down.

I wonder how many houses will really make a profit taking into account all the money thrown at them - 20% on top of PP plus all the winnings in free tradies, appliances, furnishings and cash etc. Will we ever get the run down?

Christie could not keep the smirk off her face - I hope she flattens August with a big win. As for August thinking they are both scared and shaking, Christie was practically jumping with excitement, ready to knee him in the groin :eek: and finish him off with a knock out punch - if only August could see.

Loved tonights' show ... ah, revenge is sweet. Natalia is looking so much more confident and happy now that she's not being undermined by August all the time.

Wasn't he all pompous and up himself about being picked. Get over it dude!

Christie is just busting to whip his backside! Can't wait for tomorrow night.

As for the bathrooms - very nice - although Peter's was cluttered looking (imo) and Michael's was bland. I really did light the light setup in the shop tho - although hubby hated it with a vengence ... but he is Baz to my Robyn.

As for the khaki's bathroom - had to laugh that many of the ideas were from the very first bathroom Peter did on the very first show (portable house). Not keen on that half hob - it made the entry to narrow. Okay for skinny minnie's like ourselves, but not so good when Nona is visiting. It should have been only half as wide as it was, and still gave enough shelf space for shampoo/conditioner.

I wonder if any of the contestants will (or have ;)) come to an agreement to share any prize the team survivor may win. I can imagine Michael and Jarrod may have, and Luke and Jason because they have all put in a reasonably even effort and been a team from the beginning, regardless who holds the key. If I was Nathan it may be a smart move also as Natalia could easily take out the challenge....what will it be.

Anyone watching tonight? Pretty good episode but I'm not sure why they have to offer a choice of such different materials (timber vs glass) to the contestants, seems to me that there's a LOT more physical work involved with timber compared to glass. Reminds me of the acrylic coffee table challenge...

What a crock of ***** tonight. I was looking forward to each team member going head to head in a challenge for they keys. I thought Christie had a real good chance against Mrs Bumbles ;).....until he was asked to choose his team. What! Unfair! This is no challenge of Augusts talent. Call the umpire! August would not have win if not for the team making him wise up. 20 cabinet doors, many very small to be cut, trimmed, hinges cut in, hung,and latched. What was he thinking ....oh that's right, he wanted to paste 100 pieces of dowel dipped in paint on the wall a few days ago.

That cabinet on casters, it was fugly! Suitable only for the laundry or garage - but nice timber and efforts by the guys. Christie's table was nice and I thought she may have won until the size/scale was mentioned.

So unfair, August would not have come anywhere near winning if not for the tradies who built the cabinet. This was no challenge of him and Christie. I will really be p*ssed off if August happens to win. Australia's greatest renovator - they could not let that happen, it would make the show a joke.

I'm really p***** off! I thought the next week was going to be really good - this has deflated that anticpation. :D

Sorry judges - but you got that decision so wrong! And I'm not saying that because I don't like August

August's timber cabinet was - imo - just a timber cabinet with doors on it. There was nothing out of the ordinary or special or wow in it's design ... and what was it with those stupid castors? I also thought it looked out of place in that long hallway area - too tall and not wide enough.

Christie's glass table - granted it should have been longer and slightly higher - but the it was designed well, the etching was beautiful, especially how the light fell thru the pattern and, to me, it really suited the location.

Also - the way of deciding what medium etc was totally unfair. Should have been that they either blindly chose a box, or they both had the same material to work with - even if August got to choose what material that was. As for the teams - Fair enough that August was the keyhold, but it should have been that he had first choice of one team member - then Christie's choice, then August etc.

Not happy Jan!

Well sat down last night and watched the show have not seen it for ages 2 per team last time it was mostly 4.

The challange to me was not a challange of either person skills as a renovator to be honest. More what the "team" could do in a short time frame. I did not like either really however preferred the glass thing, it had at least some design with the etched leafs.

What a waste of some fantasic timber on WHAT a timber box. Could just go pick one up at the pine shop for $50.00 and sit back and have a few beers instead.

Nothing against the craftsmanship of the job but it was just a box with $1.00 castors as feet why not do timber feet?

August has NO concept of the time to do the hands on stuff 20 DOORS for heaven sake.

I hope the remainder of the challanges will be on the individual skills if not It should be at least a ballot on what material you get to build with, and a ballot (pick team names from a box) to be on your team.

Not sure when its on again so may not get another lookin.

Brian

So, so disappointed that August won, Christie's table had the pattern all matching and had design to it. It was the tradies that won that challenge.

So unfair, August is now safe and after seeing him try and put the toilet roll holder on the wall...well..I ask you...Australia's Best Renovator...come on!!!!!!!

Chris

I preferred the glass table - the way the light played on it was wonderful - but the scale of it was way too small!! Such a shame as it probably wouldn't have been that much more work to make it slightly bigger.

The way 20 doors got downsized to 2 was kinda funny.... would've been keen to see the 20 door cabinet though!

The only reason I can think that they let the horrid August win, who appears to only supervise would be to get the audience reaction that he is getting. That timber was beautiful,beautiful workmanship, and then to spoil it with those horrid castors. As everyone has mentioned Christies table was lovely, it showed some thought, anyone could have thought of a box with two doors.

I thought that noone really congratulated August when he got through, you did see one of the boys shake his hand, what appeared to be sometime after announcing he had won.

Loved the vintage take on the wedding last night, such a lovely couple with thier alternate wedding. Loved the industrial wedding reception.

Will be interesting tonight, think Peter will probably win this challenge.

Hmm, it's been a bit quiet on the results front? I came back from a SS meeting on Tuesday hoping to see some results.

Here is an article that provides the results from the first two auctions. Spoiler alert, don't open if you don't want to know. :)

Weatherboard Marrickville result

White text below to hide comment, highlight to see wording.

hidden text The first sold barely above break even when renovations costs were included. Marrickville actually made a loss? end hidden text

Last edited:
I saw what you've cited noisuf, interesting wasn't it?

I thought that challenge was a disgrace. August got to choose the material and his entire team, and I though the materials were too different to be fair. Wood required workers, the glass more relied on the glass-makers tradesmanskip. Also, the time was insufficient to really explore their design knowledge. I didn't like Christie, but she deserved it far more. That cabinet by August's team (not him) had magnificient workmanship but no design nouse whatsoever.

oooooooooo - the the results (hidden text: wonder what would happen if none of them sold above costs? or only for a few dollars? No massive "total" profit for anyone)

I would have liked to have seen a Head to Head challenge involve only the two contestants to make it fairer. And, yes, how amazing were those wedding reception rooms? Very cool indeed...... though I would have chosen the floral theme, but it does come down to personal taste after all.

though I would have chosen the floral theme, but it does come down to personal taste after all.

did you see the "forest" theme wedding reception room made by Robert on Top Design?

http://www.channelnine.ninemsn.com....n&subsectionid=7803090&subsectionname=Ep8RRSS

It was wow amazing. If they'd done something similar on Renovators, they would've creamed it!

I agree - I would prefer one on one comps. Something like the white rooms, so the result isn't dependant on the quality of the other team members. That's how August won - he didn't do a darn thing (even his design didn't make it thru) but sat back and supervised.

I have just read elsewhere who won!

Also read that Christie years ago went out with Heath Ledger, she acted on the show "Ship to Shore".

Back