WA State election is today

I know it's of little consequence to all of the Eastern seaboarders, but here in WA we are having our state election today to determine who shall govern us for the next 4 years.

I'm surprised nothing has been mentioned on these boards to date regarding this subject. Has it even been mentioned in the papers over East ??

It's the first state election since the Fed election last November. Seeing as though WA was the only state in the country where federal Labor actually lost ground, this election might be the turning of the tide.

I'm a liberal voter and always will be. My vote is quite irrelevant however, seeing as though I am in one of the safest liberal seats.

I do not like to see all seven states with Labor Govts and Federally Labor as well. The backroom deals are way too cosy for my liking.

Anyway, you may wish to take an interest in the proceedings over here. The background of good economic fundamentals and a generally well-off public might indicate which way they vote. I'm sure the boys in Canberra might cast an eye over the results.

.....and how shall the election result affect this little black duck when it comes to property investing.....not a jot....I shall make my own course, whichever party gets in. :)

I know it's of little consequence to all of the Eastern seaboarders, but here in WA we are having our state election today to determine who shall govern us for the next 4 years.

I'm surprised nothing has been mentioned on these boards to date regarding this subject. Has it even been mentioned in the papers over East ??

It's the first state election since the Fed election last November. Seeing as though WA was the only state in the country where federal Labor actually lost ground, this election might be the turning of the tide.

I'm a liberal voter and always will be. My vote is quite irrelevant however, seeing as though I am in one of the safest liberal seats.

I do not like to see all seven states with Labor Govts and Federally Labor as well. The backroom deals are way too cosy for my liking.

Anyway, you may wish to take an interest in the proceedings over here. The background of good economic fundamentals and a generally well-off public might indicate which way they vote. I'm sure the boys in Canberra might cast an eye over the results.

.....and how shall the election result affect this little black duck when it comes to property investing.....not a jot....I shall make my own course, whichever party gets in. :)
Dazz,on page 6 of the Financial Review in the weekend edition nice to see a uniform 3.6% SWING would put the Liberals in power,i won't post the link ..willair..
..willair..

I've got a sniffing suspicion Carps will get up all over Barney Rubble because there is not much of an alternative party in Bedrock to go for. ;)

Got to hand it to Barney tho, one day he is looking forward to retiring from politics, the next day he's leading them again. I wonder how well his adding up is on that decision! :rolleyes:

Im with you Dazz - it wont make a rats of difference to me who's in power as we will continue on chartering our own course.

Yabba dabba doooooo! :D

Last edited:
Funny you mention that Dazz,

As of 10:00 this morning of I was still trying to figure out where to vote in Beckenham and what electorate the old home town of TP was in......:eek:

But then I drove past a community centre displaying all the paraphenalia.............so now all is OK....:)

If Carpenter gets back in it'll only be the Lib's stupid fault anyway for not providing a decent opposition.....sneat sniffers, old hacks....surely these guys could have got their act together before Carpenter announced it.

My own thoughts are that the Carpenter government will be retained, but the usual post federal election protest vote will apply. What size swing? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the people are thinking in regard to KRudd's antics so far.

A treasurer named Ripper........how appropriate.......:)

Got to love WA.

Ciao

Nor

Yes, Dazz, there has been a fair bit of coverage in the newspapers 'over East' - for several months now, actually - Brissie "Courier Mail", "The Australian", and as willair said, the AFR. And Brian Burke seems to get a regular mention, too.

Seems the Libs there are like everywhere else - heaven only knows we could do with a decent opposition here!!! Beattie should never have been voted in last time, but there was no alternative, so now we have Anna Bligh (who's worse than her predecessor!). :eek:

It will be interesting to see the outcome in WA - my guess would be that Labor squeaks back in after a decent fright from the opposition. Shall watch with interest ...

Cheers
LynnH

Where's WA? :):)

I think governments of all persuasions are largely irrelevant to wealth creation.

Watching with huge interest from over East......love WA....future home...;)

Carpenter is running scared to call so early.....sure a great tactic while the Libs are in dissarray.....but he is still not confident to go full term is he....?

Go the Libs...!:D

Yep,
A clear message to the labour govt that they are past their used by date.
Now it just depends on the Nat leader as to whom he will support.

More royalties for regional areas is his call..... good on him.

kp

Julian ain't no friend of the Libs........:cool:

T'will be interesting to see which way he jumps.

Funny how the Nats pick up 4% of the vote and get 4 seats, whereas the Greens get 11% of the vote.....resulting in 0 seats.......:D

ciao

Nor

Julian ain't no friend of the Libs........:cool:

T'will be interesting to see which way he jumps.

Funny how the Nats pick up 4% of the vote and get 4 seats, whereas the Greens get 11% of the vote.....resulting in 0 seats.......:D

ciao

Nor

Who's Julian???? The guy's name is Brendon Grylls, not Julian Grills:D

Pud,

Yep........wrong grill.....:eek:

Wouldn't want to be getting my lobbyists mixed up with my MLA's.....

Your honour.......In my defence I can only look at the line of empty VB stubbies that greeted me this morning on the kitchen bench........:confused:

ciao

Nor

Should be interesting to watch the uranium Stocks with tenements in W.A come Monday- Well I will be watching I was expecting (well hoping I must confess) that Feds would get a better result in W.A in last election but no-- all those ferals scratching round as field hands etc on $200k a year were still too dumb to see from whence their once in a lifetime affluence was emanating.

interesting - libs have a much better fiscal policy - but

seat sniffer is the treasurer.

(will he be any better than ripper? does he come across as the "accountable type" that barnett keep harping on about? i think not.)

libs are all for WA trials of GM crops and uranium mining. people can argue all they like for or against GM crops - and i'm only going to give one example of human vs nature stupidity.

the cane toad. "it'll save our cane!" they said. "it'll eat the bugs!" they said. "what a fantastic way to improve our cane yield - naturally!" they said.

prior planning prevents pi55 poor performance. do your research FIRST.

no-one ACTUALLY voted for Carps. Geoff Gallop was voted in, then stepped down, and Carps was shoehorned in. to then think you're top 5h1t and call an early election makes you arrogant - i don't give a toss what your spin doctors say.

libs are all for WA trials of GM crops and uranium mining. people can argue all they like for or against GM crops -

I personally dont see whats the big deal about genetically modified foods. Only just last night we had a beautiful mouth watering leg of dhu fish! :eek:

;)

Back