WA Subdivision Costs Increase Next Month - Get in quick!!

Hi guys,

As you may or may not be aware, a number of the Western Australian Planning Comission's (WAPC’s) application fees are increasing from 1 July 2013, including their Form 1A (subdivision application) fee. The increase this year is significantly larger than it has been in previous years. For even an two lot subdivision it will be an increase of over $1,410.00! Note that applications will be charged based on the fee schedule on the date the application is received/receipted. So if you have any subdivision applications that are going to be lodged soon, getting them in before next Friday will mean a significant saving!

More info available here: http://departmentofplanning.createsend1.com/t/r-l-batrtl-jykukjyhdl-y/

From the WAPC Update:

"PLANNING FEE NOTICE 2013
Please see the Western Australian Planning Commission’s (WAPC) new fee schedule. The schedule highlights the new fees for the planning services provided by the Commission.
You will note that many fees remain unchanged from previous years including those for Forms 1C, 2A and 24 and Clauses 42, 47 and 53 as well as the rates for cartographic services and spatial data fees.
However, as the WAPC operates on a cost recovery basis for its services, some fee categories will be increasing. These include the fees for Forms 1A, 1B, 1D and 3A. The WAPC and Department of Planning has recently implemented a more rigorous costing model which demonstrated that these specific services had not been fully cost recovered in previous years. This necessitated a significant adjustment in fees in order to rectify the under-recovery.
The new fees will be effective from 1 July 2013.
Neil Thomson
Secretary
20/06/2013"

the levies are ridiculous. everyone reckons oh yeh I will just split the block up... then every man and his dog charges you for everything from mosquitoe spraying to water to contributions to roads, you name it, at which point you realise that buying a block that is already divided has a lot of intrinsic value

the levies are ridiculous. everyone reckons oh yeh I will just split the block up... then every man and his dog charges you for everything from mosquitoe spraying to water to contributions to roads, you name it, at which point you realise that buying a block that is already divided has a lot of intrinsic value

plus the holding costs and all the pain you take by taking days off to do the work yourself or organising people or just using your actual days off.

plus the hold ups from council which at the end turns out to be the unreasonable demand from the planning officer and then after all the f... around they agree you can still do things without that silly condition..

and all the costs you pay to sell.

Makes you feel just focus on the job you do and you are going to make extra money anyway :D

I need some advice. I built a new house on a battleaxe block in Morley (survey strata) that was completed in June 2012. What do i have to do to get both houses on a seperate title? Just submit an application to WAPC and nothing else? Do i need to carry out another survey (The site survey was done on 30/3/11 before the rear house was built).

for what reasoning Marisa? Now that the world has ended and unemployment gone thru the roof with travelling gangs of men willing to work for a bowl of soup I would expect falling prices ?

Yep.... depends on the day of the week and what you read I guess.:rolleyes:

I need some advice. I built a new house on a battleaxe block in Morley (survey strata) that was completed in June 2012. What do i have to do to get both houses on a seperate title? Just submit an application to WAPC and nothing else? Do i need to carry out another survey (The site survey was done on 30/3/11 before the rear house was built).

If its survey strata then tyey would already be on separate titles. Did you go through the subdivision process? I assume it's a r20/25 block over 700sqm

Maybe the fkers at WAPC can use the extra cash to process my MRS amendment they have been sitting on for 18 months!

When you finally get approval you then get the local council putting their hand up for their pound of flesh.

Governments then have a Royal Commission into affordable housing...

If its survey strata then tyey would already be on separate titles. Did you go through the subdivision process? I assume it's a r20/25 block over 700sqm

Its a 780sqm R20/25 block with the old and new house on one title. The plans from Ross North show Survey Strata but we never completed the subdivision process. My brother handled all that back then and hes very vague on what happened.

Back