We had a fire extinguisher thrown though our front window at 2am this morning

I heard some voices outside, that woke me up then a loud BANG, SMASH as bloken glass shattered everywhere. We were sleeping in the room next door (luckily) and I thought a bomb had gone off. It was that loud.

Some neighbours across the road kept us company until the police arrived, thank god for those lovely people, it helped to keep me calm having someone else to talk too. Nobody else came outside.

The police said that there were quite a few reportings and no one able to give any discriptions of the car or occupants. Another house had a broom stick thrown through their bedroom window and another had a cement slab thrown at their garage door.

These idiots also smashed a brick to pieces on our front steps damaging our tiles. We've only been in this house for 9 months after what dramas we had building it.

It's school holiday's here too, and a public holiday.
We called our insurance company who gave us the number of their window repairer who usually have an emergency 24hr call out, only to be told we have to wait till after 8am because there was no one on. The window is now fixed, and all the glass has been taken care of, but step damage is pretty bad. This is a big house, so lucky my kids are right at the back and although they woke up, they went straight back to sleep without knowing anything about what happened. I haven't told them because I don't want them to feel scared, but my 3 yr old noticed the step this morning and asked what happened. I just said someone broke it.

na! kids are prety good and to explain to them of good and bad people is ok i think, there are alot of bedrooms at the front of a house thank your stars.?
could the police link the extinguisher to any clubs/pubs as the serial number should tell them where it came from and then the ctv cam might id these little *****s.

Not familiar with the suburb but how crappy if it's jealous kids! They need to be educated properly. Hope your little ones weren't too freaked out :(

The kids are fine, the situation has passed now, but yes lucky it wasn't our bedroom window or one of the kids. Also lucky that we still haven't got any window treatments (one of many things on our list to do). We just have white computer paper on the windows. Otherwise any blinds or curtains would be wrecked. I just wonder why they choose our house or that widow when I would think there would be easier targets. Strange.

please don't, it would'nt be personal and don't start to think like that, it's just that they did't want to carry the ext any more, but don't think of a reason there is none!
NOT YOUR FAULT OK!

Unfortunately kids out that late at night doing that kind of antisocial act (it's not exactly ding dong dashing type stuff) are not suddenly going to become angels when school holidays end :(.

More likely they've have been kicked out of school and are on permanent holidays :rolleyes:.

Hopefully whoever it was was just passing, and not from your neighbourhood.

Damn, I had to pay for my fire extinguisher ;)

Seriously though, if you don't already, I would consider building a bloody great block wall at the front of your house, or at least a fence high enough to keep the riff raff off your front lawn.

Yeah thanks, a fence is another idea. I was thinking of looking at getting shatter proof glass for the front windows, but our "to do/buy list" is already a mile long. Ah the joys of owning a new home and trying to get it completed.

Back