What does it take to be successful?

If it's only one thing, it has to be attitude.
It makes all the difference in the end.
Approaching situations with a highly positive attitude creates different actions leading to different results than if approached with neutral or negative attitudes.

Try it the next time you have to face a dreaded or unpleasant situation, the results can be very surprising.

perseverance - sticking to the plan is not easy when you have the media constantly jumping up and down about the next calamity that's going to wipe out humanity and trash all your hopes, dreams and plans in the process.

Staying focused on the long term, big picture vision is draining but ultimately, rewarding.

I suggest you read a book titled 'the slight edge' by Jeff Olson.

Extract:
"The truth is, what you do matters. What you do today matters. What you do every day matters. Successful people just do the things that seem to make no difference in the act of doing them and they do them over and over and over until the compound effect kicks in.

Those little things that will make you successful in life, that will secure your health, your happiness, your fulfilment, your dreams, are simple, subtle, tiny things that nobody will see, nobody will applaud, nobody will even notice. They are those things that, at the time you do them, often feel like they make absolutely no difference... like they don't matter.

They do."

What I take from that is that every day we are faced with choices, watch TV or look for property, eat that chocolate cake or eat that carrot. Each moment, each day, the choice seems insignificant, neither really make a difference to our life. However over time, that 1 piece of cake becomes 100, and those dream abs still seem a mile away. Same with property, the moment you start choosing say, TV, over another 30 mins of property, over time that will be 100's of hours of knowledge and eventual purchasing lost.

It becomes harder to catch up the more days you let slip past you.

If it's only one thing, it has to be attitude.
It makes all the difference in the end.
Approaching situations with a highly positive attitude creates different actions leading to different results than if approached with neutral or negative attitudes.

Ditto.

and 七転び八起き Nana korobi ya oki

Fall down seven times, stand up eight
(If at first you don't succeed try, try again - Japanese proverb - reference Wikipedia) - I think the same as perseverance that others have included here.

I'll add another one for persistence.

I found this piece of paper about a dozen years ago and held on to it. Recently I framed it and put it up in my workshop.

Press On

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; Nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.

Genius will not; Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; The world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are the most powerful.

The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve problems.

Attachments

• persistnace.JPG
    persistnace.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 122
I think everyone's why, although different, is based on the same general concept. You want success to experience growth. A tree that stops growing will die - so will a human.

To some degree we know we are capable of so much more than a mediocre life of paying bills and looking for external distractions that will give false meaning to our lives. Each of us wants achievement to the highest expanded potential possible.

The way to get there - I agree with general view points here - persistence.

That is staying with it after it gets boring. Most people seek constant excitement through their work and jump from one thing to another - it's difficult to make money that way, it's difficult to grow.

A good business plan takes 3 to 5 years and it will not be exciting after the first year - persistence will keep you there until you achieve success.

Body builders don't get the results because they keep using the latest and most exciting machine, they get results because they keep at it and work hard!

Most body builders use roids. Like I stated before by ripping people off some people find succes. Look at Arnie, he took roids, even admits it.

Most body builders use roids. Like I stated before by ripping people off some people find succes. Look at Arnie, he took roids, even admits it.

They all take roids in competition.

Arnie's book is actually a good read if you are a property investor. Basically he explains that he was actually a millionaire from property well before he got into Hollywood, because he was basically financially free he was able to cherry pick the correct role rather than just take anything because he was desperate like a lot of other actors were. The rest is history.

somehow the metaphor of body building got missed! Oh well.

There is nothing more attractive than a man who has built muscle naturally - not steroid huge but just perfect!

steroids affect personality too so all in all they are a bit eeewww.
Internally connected people are so much more attractive than ego based personalities.

What do you think is your number one quality that you have developed that helps you invest, create and be successful in life?

If you had to train someone younger what would you focus on developing first?

Is it ability to analyse, see things differently to most, negotiation skills, leadership skills? What is YOUR thing?

One thing, mindset! You work on your mindset you can then learn anything, it took me a while to understand it until I read somewhere that everything created by man on this earth had to be thought of in the mind first, agree?
:)

Back