What is it with men?

Um, you have a large 4 bedroom house between the two of you, I'm sure you had somewhere else to do it :p
Um.....have you forgotten my dodgy hip? I can't exactly lay the stuff on the ground to cut out, I'd never get back up again.:eek: It has to be a flat surface at the right height, or it just does not work.

Lol! Love it, Skater's getting old these days :D
Precisely my point above, but you, child, are a bit too cheeky to go tell everyone. You're just lucky you reside in another State, or you would be getting a whooping, right about now.:p;)

er - did you get the bit where i don't get to sit down all evening between homework, folding, ironing, carting/lighting/tending fire, tidying, baking meals, more cleaning, shower, hair, warming pj's, bedtime book etc?

that's a lot to do..do u have to do so much? that's crazy.

folding is a to 10min job that dh and I usually do together in front of the tv chatting away. There's not much tidying coz we pack away everything we use as soon as we finish with it and we wash up things as soon as we finish i.e cups etc for the one big wash ups like dinner, whoever cooks the other washes up.

I guess you do all those things with a bit of SS thrown in between? ;)

Skater - it sucks but hey at least the bar is now gone!

My dh needs precise instructions. He's so used to doing exactly what I've asked that sometimes he can't think for himself....like when I told him I have a letter to post (on the table) and can he go and buy a pack of stamps. later I saw the letter and reminded him to get some stamps and he said he already bought the stamps!!

Our lounge area has been a bit of a mess of late, with me using the dining table as a cutting table, I have lycra and patterns everywhere and with the cold weather I have clothing on a clothes horse airing out as it will dry quicker than outside under the awning because we have been using the heater.

Anyway, I am busy doing stuff in the office and Hubby starts banging away. He picks this time to start demolishing the bar. There is dust and rubble everywhere. Did he think to move the clean clothes? What about my lycra? Noooooooo, of course not. I'm trying my hardest to come up with a decent stock supply to take with me when I go away, and now I have to clean up the mess as well as clean the material.:mad: He can wear his (now) dirty clothes, because I'm on strike and refuse to re-wash them.

We'll have to have a chat with him, demolshing the bar is inside work and constitutes as housework...therefore your territory, in fact everything inside the front fence is housework and the council looks after everything outside the front fence. ;)

BH should be demolishing the contents of the bar, not the structure!?

PS: You had Lycra and patterns everywhere that he got dirty and now he has to wash his own clothes?? BH is a MAMIL then "Middle Aged Man In Lycra", no wonder he's angry and smashing up bars

BH is a MAMIL then "Middle Aged Man In Lycra", no wonder he's angry and smashing up bars

Yeah, as a male Figure Skater, he can often be found fully clad in lycra.

We have none of that puncy football or soccer in our house, just good masculine sport like figure skating.:D

Reminds me....I've yet to see "Blades of Glory" :D

Though with a couple of daughters can confess to watching Ice Princesses and some of the Amazing skaters in the Olympics (one of my wife's favourite Olympic Sports).

Reminds me....I've yet to see "Blades of Glory" :D

Though with a couple of daughters can confess to watching Ice Princesses and some of the Amazing skaters in the Olympics (one of my wife's favourite Olympic Sports).

It's one of the only Olympic Sports we watch.

Blades of Glory is a great movie. Very funny! Especially if you have any skating knowledge. I recommend it! Your wife and daughters will love it (and you might too).:D

Um.....have you forgotten my dodgy hip?

Precisely my point above, but you, child, are a bit too cheeky to go tell everyone. You're just lucky you reside in another State, or you would be getting a whooping, right about now.:p;)

Ah, yes that's right, Mum IS getting old :p

Hey, I didn't tell everyone, that was you..

BH is a MAMIL then "Middle Aged Man In Lycra", no wonder he's angry and smashing up bars

Sure is, and I wish I could un-see it. Men in lycra is not a good mix, most women in lycra is not a good mix either :eek:

i share your pain skater ... this mornings discussion before hubby flew out to sth aust for another week (fly in/fly out until christmas) was regarding our new renos.

the battle begins. we need to redo the daggy front yard (rectangle of grass surrounded by short 20 year old brushbox fence) into nice clean square lines with rendered front wall and pergola and pavers under the pegola for entertainment and squared off gardens - he wants curves and rounded posts and hedges and grass in the entertaining area instead of pavers ...

Anyway, I am busy doing stuff in the office and Hubby starts banging away. He picks this time to start demolishing the bar. There is dust and rubble everywhere. Did he think to move the clean clothes? What about my lycra? Noooooooo, of course not.

Is everything sorted now?

SYD

Skater, you can come up here. I now have a dedicated sewing room since number one daughter and her hubby moved out.
Other half not allowed to put anything in there without permission.:D

Lol that was hilarious. But not when it happens to us !
Men or kids they can all do things without thinking first .
Women r known to think of many things at once . Haven't u seen the breakdown of what different parts of the male and female brain r used for ?

bugger off will ya.

Women also have a few candidates in the "no thinking first" department.

i share your pain skater ... this mornings discussion before hubby flew out to sth aust for another week (fly in/fly out until christmas) was regarding our new renos.

the battle begins. we need to redo the daggy front yard (rectangle of grass surrounded by short 20 year old brushbox fence) into nice clean square lines with rendered front wall and pergola and pavers under the pegola for entertainment and squared off gardens - he wants curves and rounded posts and hedges and grass in the entertaining area instead of pavers ...

Grass in the entertaining area? Is he nuts? :confused:

Skater, you can come up here. I now have a dedicated sewing room since number one daughter and her hubby moved out.
Other half not allowed to put anything in there without permission.:D

Yeah, I do too, only it has a heap of his stuff in it.:( Unfortunately our wardrobe is very small, so there are items of clothing seeping into other rooms. He is not supposed to put stuff in there, but stuff still finds it's way. Same with the office. The trouble is that I don't have a cutting table, and there just isn't enough room to put one, either.

Hopefully, now the bar is gone, this will soon become a huge storage cupboard. We can put all the skates (I have a half size linen cupboard full of them), the spare parts, the vaccuum, the skating paperwork, and any other junk that is not allowed outside in the shed, into storage. I've already given notice that I will be storing a lot of stuff on top shelves (stuff that I am not allowed to throw out or put in the shed, that I also know will never be used) so that the next time we move, and the boxes have remained unopened, they can get thrown away.

sheesh ... needed a large hole drilled thru my desk for power cords etc to feed thru.

i knew hubby had one of those large drill bits for drilling the hole for door locks but, having just moved house, i couldn't find it.

asked him where it was - he couldn't find it straight away so said he'd look later and drill it for me.

great - i told him i'd marked the spot with masking tape so the laminate doesn't chip. asked again the next day, still hadn't found it, so reminded him that i'd taped the spot where i wanted the hole to go.

went briefly to the supermarket. came home to find the hole was drilled the other end of the desk from the very obvious masking tape - and right over the top of the support panel so the cords won't thread thru easily!

jesus h christ! he said he didn't know that i wanted it where the tape was and offered to drill another hole in the correct spot! just what i don't need - a desk full of gaping holes. and then they get miffy when you point out that they don't get any brownie points for the incompetent job they just did.

sometimes men are just best left out in the shed.

Back