When things go sour ...

but more of unexpected things that could happen to the building as i know next nothing about repairs and how to fix stuff.

then to calm yourself, any of the howto-s: online, book, tafe, cae, weekend work bee at the local school.
a little knowlege, even to the point of **expletive deleted** its gunna take a sparky an hour to fix that, is a very calming thing
Dont have to know how,
just have to know that it can be done,
thats why they invented the SEP gun[sup]1[/sup].
Point, shoot, its Somebody Else's Problem, all you really have to do is be able to describe the problem

1. also called cell phone with a bunch of tradies in autodial

Last edited:
thanks AlmostBob :)

found some really cool weekend DYI workshops at the local bunnings stores...might attend some when there's time.

then to calm yourself, any of the howto-s: online, book, tafe, cae, weekend work bee at the local school.
a little knowlege, even to the point of **expletive deleted** its gunna take a sparky an hour to fix that, is a very calming thing
Dont have to know how,
just have to know that it can be done,
thats why they invented the SEP gun[sup]1[/sup].
Point, shoot, its somebody else's problem, all you really have to do is be able to describe the problem

1. also called cell phone with a bunch of tradies in autodial

Hi Kesse,
No, this was in Williams Landing (the "nice" part).
But I have heard from a Meltonite about it happening up that way.
Be cautious with tenant selection!

Ahh, fair enough. I thought it may have been a funny coincidence if it had have been the house across the road from my PPOR. I came home from work one day to a bucket load of police cars, the SES and what looked like the swat team clearing out the house across the road from my place. They were putting plants with paper bags over the top in a trailer and removing them very quickly....

And I live in the 'good' area of town (if there is one)...:rolleyes:

Yesterday we took back possession of one of properties.
The tenant had a fixed term lease, which here in canada means we don't need to give her any notice to vacate. When the term ends they must vacate unless we give explicit written notice they can stay.
She knew we weren't renewing her lease, because we told her in person, on the phone in a message, and a letter stating ...even though we aren't required to. We even showed the property to applicants twice.

Yesterday, just after the lease expired at noon, we drove by, she was still there. We went to the police stated we were taking back possession. They said they didn't have a problem with that.They wouldn't attend, and we didn't ask for it anyways.
Just in case the tenant called, we wanted them to be aware of what was going on.

We went to the property, and changed the lock on the shed. Then when the tenant became verbally abusive, Rob removed all the exterior doors and interior doors, and locked them in the shed.

I told she had until noon the following day to get out, or we will return with the moving truck and take everything and put into storage for 60 days.
Today will be another interesting day.

This may be the last time she thinks she can live rent freee from a landlord.
She also threatened to go to the newspaper. We also stopped there, gave then our card, and told us to contact us, if that happens...for our side of the story. Newspaper said they had no interest in that type of story.

She said she called the Tenancy Board (call center), and they told her she was given an invalid termination. What she failed to mention, was she was on a fixed term lease. So we stopped at the local board, and the politely called the tenant and gave her the proper info..and she must move. (while we were there)

interesting story, please keep us updated what happens the next day :)
hope she'll move.

Yesterday we took back possession of one of properties.
The tenant had a fixed term lease, which here in canada means we don't need to give her any notice to vacate. When the term ends they must vacate unless we give explicit written notice they can stay.
She knew we weren't renewing her lease, because we told her in person, on the phone in a message, and a letter stating ...even though we aren't required to. We even showed the property to applicants twice.

Yesterday, just after the lease expired at noon, we drove by, she was still there. We went to the police stated we were taking back possession. They said they didn't have a problem with that.They wouldn't attend, and we didn't ask for it anyways.
Just in case the tenant called, we wanted them to be aware of what was going on.

We went to the property, and changed the lock on the shed. Then when the tenant became verbally abusive, Rob removed all the exterior doors and interior doors, and locked them in the shed.

I told she had until noon the following day to get out, or we will return with the moving truck and take everything and put into storage for 60 days.
Today will be another interesting day.

This may be the last time she thinks she can live rent freee from a landlord.
She also threatened to go to the newspaper. We also stopped there, gave then our card, and told us to contact us, if that happens...for our side of the story. Newspaper said they had no interest in that type of story.

She said she called the Tenancy Board (call center), and they told her she was given an invalid termination. What she failed to mention, was she was on a fixed term lease. So we stopped at the local board, and the politely called the tenant and gave her the proper info..and she must move. (while we were there)

I've only had 3 unfortunate incidents so far and already feeling so worn out and just wanting to give up despite the desire, sacrifices and a lot of hard work already made to hopefully one day achieve financial independance.

Why stress? is something bad going to happen to you?
if it's only losing a bit of money then its just part of the risk.

your health is more important, if you are healthy all loss money can be
made again.

I never has stressful moment in my entire life, though I don't own any investment properties I own many time more in shares equivalent.

The way I put my self out of stress is I made all my investment with

an inform decision....(plenty of research and read many annual reports and financial statements) and concentrate on business model that can dance under any weather condition ...

and if that still doesn't work out... I get rid of at year end and write it off
against my other gains ....

the end result I make a 100K here and there and sometimes write off 5K-20K here and there ..no stress ever ...

interesting story, please keep us updated what happens the next day :)
hope she'll move.

We stopped by the property at about 11:30 am, and a few things were moved, lots of stuff packed into bags. No one was home, so we put the exterior doors on and put a sign on the door, to call us when she wanted her stuff. We changed the locks...we keep extra sets on hand, and then rekey them as needed.

She called a couple of hours later, all meek and mild, and requested her son's toys and clothes.
I told her when she organises a truck, she must take everything, we won't allow her to pick and choose what she wants to take.
She said thank you, and hung up.

Guess we will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I guess, like many people on here, I have faced my fair share of challenges. From bad investments, to good investments gone bad, and losing a best mate over a deal gone sour, and working multiple jobs just to keep from going broke.

I have at times dropped $100k here or there, had my development property delayed for 5 years and have lived off $23 for 7 days waiting for my next pay cheque, begged and borrowed from families, and stuck out jobs I hated, just to pay the bank at the end of the month.
I have been sued, and this year was audited by the ATO (not fun).

It hasnt been a get rich quick and easy scheme.But I never expected it to be. things now are good and are getting easy again. In the last few years though my only sleepless nights were about the damage to a friendship, which this year for the first time in 5 years I am working towards repairing. It wont be easy. But like anything which is difficult its worth while. As someone said, if a problem can be fixed with money, its not a real problem.

What keeps me going? cos I love it. I like the challenge, I like the possibility that all this brings. I also think that having a clear goal and clear strategy in place really helps, as you know whats at the end.
I think if I was working of a whim-and-prair I would have quit long ago.

A tenant bailing on me over a couple of grand.... meh, no biggie.

l hate the stress and l've excepted just lately , for me anyway it's a stupid way to live just to end up maybe a bit better off when l'm old.

l'm selling everything , paying everything out hopefully and then l want back to simple and just a small mortgage .
And , l can't wait .

Stress Management for

A young lady confidently walked around the room while leading and explaining stress management to an audience with a raised glass of water. Everyone knew she was going to ask the ultimate question, 'half empty or half full?'... She fooled them all .... "How heavy is this glass of water?" she inquired with a smile. Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. To 20 oz.

She replied , "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, that's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you'll have to call an ambulance. In each case it's the same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "and that's the way it is with stress. If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, as the burden becomes increasingly heavy, we won't be able to carry on."

"As with the glass of water, you have to put it down for a while and rest before holding it again. When we're refreshed, we can carry on with the burden - holding stress longer and better each time practiced. So, as early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night... Pick them up tomorrow.

1 * Accept the fact that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue!

2 * Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

3 * Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.

4 * Drive carefully... It's not only cars that can be recalled by their Maker.

5 * If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

6 * If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

7 * It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

8 * Never buy a car you can't push.

9 * Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

10 * Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.

11 * Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.

12 * The second mouse gets the cheese.

13 * When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

14 * Birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you live.

16 * Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

17 * We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.

18 * A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.

19 * Have an awesome day and know that someone has thought about you today.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

20 *Save the earth..... It's the only planet with chocolate!*

Back