Which Brisbane Suburbs?

Bald Hills has mainly low and high set houses. Depending on where in Bald Hills you go, you can get very old houses or very new houses. The highway goes through middle. The newer houses are near the Gateway so lots of traffic noise.

Lots of low set houses are very small so most people seem to be using their garage for extra room or storage.

Bald Hills is well located for Gateway, Highway and it's Zone 4 on Train to City. If you are looking at purchasing a 3 bedroom house there, it will cost around $400,000

Any opinions on a small two bedroom house in Fitzgibbon? Very small houses on approx 150sqm selling for 320k mark.

on Mount Kaputar Avenue? would be better alternative than a unit or townhouse, and more than likely cash flow neutral to positive from day one.

Has anyone been keeping tabs on Algester....prices seem to have gone up 20% + in last 18 months. Nothing under 400 k for houses

agreed, a lot of Asian buyers who can't afford Calamvale or Sunnbank/Hills buying up there pushing prices up.

HI Guys,

I am looking to buy 2 IPs in Brisbane one unit and a house and plan on holding them for the long term.

From what I can tell it seems prices have risen a decent amount over the last 6-8 months. I don't know Brisbane that well and was wondering if anyone can suggest a decent suburb/s to begin my research that have not risen too much yet? Or locations you think may grow more over the next 5 years?

Ideally I would like a gross yield of around 5%(unit) and 4.5%(house) in a decent suburb within approx 15km of the city.

Thanks,

Houses:
  • Upper Mount Gravatt
  • Aspley
  • Oxley
  • Manly West
  • Coorparoo or Greenslopes
  • Stafford or Stafford Heights
  • Holland Park

Indooroopilly - 6% yields on units possible

-7kms from CBD
-Affluent/professional suburb
-Standout primary and secondary schools
-University of Queensland next suburb (with Ipswich campus closing courses next year and relocating to St Lucia)
-Big Chinese community
-Infrastructure improvements - Swish shopping mall and Legacy Way means airport in 15-20 mins

Indooroopilly - 6% yields on units possible

-7kms from CBD
-Affluent/professional suburb
-Standout primary and secondary schools
-University of Queensland next suburb (with Ipswich campus closing courses next year and relocating to St Lucia)
-Big Chinese community
-Infrastructure improvements - Swish shopping mall and Legacy Way means airport in 15-20 mins

Thanks Freddie Mac.
What is the price range for 2br villa/townhouse in Indooroopilly?

And do you know which suburbs in Brisbane that has a big chinese/asia community?
Thanks.

Thanks Freddie Mac.
What is the price range for 2br villa/townhouse in Indooroopilly?

And do you know which suburbs in Brisbane that has a big chinese/asia community?
Thanks.

3 bed for $427,500. Low body corp. This was possibly a stressed sale. I'd be happy to pay mid 4's if one comes up. One in this block was snagged before it even appeared on RE.com.au so I'm now calling agencies on a regular basis. Missed out on it because I was too involved in another purchase:mad::

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-indooroopilly-114978787

Rent for $485 to $590 pw

http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/p...false&activeSort=list-date&source=refinements

Gross yields - 5.9 to 7%

3.8% vacancy rate which is pretty low compared to many of the other blue chip suburbs.

http://www.sqmresearch.com.au/graph_vacancy.php?postcode=indooroopilly&t=1

Besides the neighbouring St Lucia and Taringa, there aren't any other 'blue chip Chinese' suburbs in Brisbane.

Sunnybank is anything but 'blue-chip'. Big houses don't make a suburb 'blue-chip'. If that were the case then we could call ANY suburb blue-chip as they all have some big houses.

Top schools, low crime, proximity to CBD do, and Sunnybank has non of those. I'm not saying that SB is not a place to invest. It's just somewhere I wouldn't as it doesn't tick the right boxes for me.

Has anyone bought or own around Enoggera, Gaythorne or Mitchelton? Would appreciate any positive or negative insights into the area ...

Cheers

Anyone have thoughts on Red Hill and South Brisbane from my research they look like great suburbs to buy if you can find a good deal :)

Has anyone bought or own around Enoggera, Gaythorne or Mitchelton? Would appreciate any positive or negative insights into the area ...

Cheers
Partner and I just bought our ppor on the ashgrove/enoggera border. We obviously love the area for the parks, cafes, schools, great character houses, and proximity to the cbd.

It's well serviced by the buses on wardell st and the train line. No shortage of renters at the army barracks - they're prepared to pay decent rent as well.

The intersection of samford/wardell st is being upgraded to ease congestion.. It will most likely be gentrified as well.

Mitchy will be cheaper than enoggera, but has it's pros. Regular markets on Blackwood st, brookside shopping centre and the train still runs express from Mitchy too I think?

Back