Why Australia's housing sector is different..

Do I criticise investors for using NG in this post?

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=816830&postcount=76

Just to set the record straight, I don't dislike property investors (I have some in my family) and I don't think what property investors do is immoral. It's natural that investors will take advantage of a government induced environment where holding multiple properties can lead to great wealth. It's human nature to desire to improve one's wealth.

You're playing the word games. You've taken 3 of my statements that categorically did not criticise investors, and twisted them using your own inference and assumptions to mean something different. Do you have a guilty conscience, is that why you misinterpret my comments as criticism of investors?

No guilty conscience, I am fine thanks. I was just responding to your request to be quoted on where you criticized investors for using NG. I think I have done that - you disagree, that's fine. I will let others make up their own minds.

Anyway there are much more interesting posts on the forum to read tonight, I hope your posts eventually get you whatever result/ response it is that you are seeking. Bye

Which Central Equity apartment was this? Was it a 1 bedder?

Large (60m2) 1-bedder in Dudley Street. Before that I bought a 2-bedder in Central Equity's City Point development, Bourke Street OTP in 2000 for $423K. Sold it in 2007 for $420K to finance what is now my PPOR in Docklands. It's just gone back on the market for $589K, so if the current owner gets it they'll have seen a 40% rise (gross) in four years. So the conclusion would seem to be that CE apartments are a good investment if you buy a seven year old one!

T.

My oh my, I missed a heap of garbage from DH after I retired for the night last night didn't I. :rolleyes:

I could be mistaken (but I'd lay odds that I'm not) that DH is a reincarnation of Marketing Mogul, another nasty Troll that we had here playing games.

I do also notice that once again, you are purposely derailling one thread for your pleasure with no attempt to contribute in a constructive manner at all to the forum. :rolleyes:

This is a good read, for those of you with open minds. Note that the comments mostly agree with the article. Does that tell you something?

nice article, with some good content, xcept I cant see The Real House Price index go back to late 1980 numbers.

One thing that I personally drew from it is ..........

"A sane course of action requires that we listen to the economists who have a track record of getting it right."

Where do we find such folk ? ,

and just as importantly ( for me) , do the folk that have the track record of "getting it right" have financial "liberty", ie have they used that knowledge for personal financial success, or are they "paper trading"

BTW, Im posing this question to all, NOT just Tony.................

I have always been taught in business and personal life, that if you want to succeed at something you chase down those that HAVE the success and see what they have been doing, and limit your exposure ( not eliminate !) your expsure to those that havent.

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

My oh my, I missed a heap of garbage from DH after I retired for the night last night didn't I. :rolleyes:

I could be mistaken (but I'd lay odds that I'm not) that DH is a reincarnation of Marketing Mogul, another nasty Troll that we had here playing games.

I do also notice that once again, you are purposely derailling one thread for your pleasure with no attempt to contribute in a constructive manner at all to the forum. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if people like you stopped abusing me, lying about me, referring to my posts as 'garbage', calling me a 'troll', accusing me of being a reincarnation of other 'nasty trolls', and disagreeing with me when I make factual statements about affordability, then the discussion could move on in a more constructive manner. :rolleyes:

Capiche?

Perhaps if people like you stopped abusing me, lying about me, referring to my posts as 'garbage', calling me a 'troll', accusing me of being a reincarnation of other 'nasty trolls', and disagreeing with me when I make factual statements about affordability, then the discussion could move on in a more constructive manner. :rolleyes:

Capiche?

I personally have no problem or argument with the core issue you keep bringing up. But how can you be suprised at the negativity towards you here.

look at your username. look at your link and comment.

you cant go fishing then complain about getting nibbles.

Stop trying to deflect and evade the question.

Interestingly, the same question I have of your responses.

Why don’t you both take breather and formulate some meaningful questions for each other, lots of potentially interesting discussion has been lost in the poo flinging of this thread.

Leave everything personal out of it, respond with as much evidence as you can find and where you can’t find evidence try to walk through the reasoning behind your assumptions/predictions.

Exactly, I suggest we stop feeding this...

I second this, in fact i suggest one step further.

Can we just ban Different Here.

Moderators if you are listening, this guy is is just another time waster. Somersoft is an investment forum, not a philosophical forum.

Different Here is not interested in debating different investment merits, he is only persuing his own agenda which is to question the ethical/moral validity of property investing as it currently stands. More importantly he derails various threads to push his own agenda.

So for what its worth as a member of Somersoft i put forward a suggestion to ban Different Here.

Anyone else with me.

I second this, in fact i suggest one step further.

Moderators if you are listening, this guy is is just another time waster. Somersoft is an investment forum, not a philosophical forum.

Different Here is not interested in debating different investment merits, he is only persuing his own agenda which is to question the ethical/moral validity of property investing as it currently stands. More importantly he derails various threads to push his own agenda.

So for what its worth as a member of Somersoft i put forward a suggestion to ban Different Here.

Anyone else with me.
don't respond and he will go away.

maybe a public flogging for DH would be better (oh i hope i make it to your blog dh)

I have only posted in two threads since joining, and I haven't challenged anyone's ethics or morality.

If you're uncomfortable with your views on property being challenged, you may place on ignore anyone with a contrary viewpoint to your own.

It was a passing comment. It wasn't supposed to be deeply insightful. It only turned into this lengthy debate because so many people here disagreed with me (us) about the decline in affordability, and started attacking me with sarcasm and sledging comments for daring to even mention it.

The problem with the affordability argument is people don't compare apples with apples.

Back in the good old days when property was cheap and everyone with a heart beat could afford it, the average house that a first home buyer looked at buying was this:

A 12 square 2 bed (or 3 if you were loaded) one bath weatherboard house out at the fringe of civilisation. No garage, second hand furniture, they may or may not have had a car.

It would be new out in this area, or a second hand one that needed renovating (called a "knock-over" these days) if it was more "in the suburbs".

Is this the sort of property you are looking to buy right now?

Not meaning to offend anyone, but I'm going to go totally off-topic here and suggest that those who wish to talk about housing affordability create their own thread and stop hi-jacking other threads.

May I remind us that the topic at hand is supposed to be about the Australian housing sector and in particular, an article by Michael Yardney about the reasons that usually cause a property market to collapse.

I understand that forums are live and they evolve, but those who just want to beat a dead horse should create their own threads, really. OK? Thanks!

Not meaning to offend anyone, but I'm going to go totally off-topic here and suggest that those who wish to talk about housing affordability create their own thread and stop hi-jacking other threads.

May I remind us that the topic at hand is supposed to be about the Australian housing sector and in particular, an article by Michael Yardney about the reasons that usually cause a property market to collapse.

I understand that forums are live and they evolve, but those who just want to beat a dead horse should create their own threads, really. OK? Thanks!

.. or create their own blogs. Oh, wait a minute, DH already has one. Perhaps you should go home DH and fling your mud there, you lost sheep. :D (and this is coming from me, someone who is bearish on property in the immediate future, just not quite to DH panic levels)

.. or create their own blogs. Oh, wait a minute, DH already has one. Perhaps you should go home DH and fling your mud there, you lost sheep. :D (and this is coming from me, someone who is bearish on property in the immediate future, just not quite to DH panic levels)

What do you believe I'm panicking about, exactly?

Unlike you, I'm not even bearish on property in the immediate future. Haven't you read my posts?

Or did you read and simply fail to comprehend?

Back