Why Australia's housing sector is different..

Is there some sort of comprehension issue on this forum? I have said multiple times that I own my home, fully paid off, and am not looking to buy anything!

Evidently there is.

BV was referring to the change in dwelling type that has become the 'normal' over the past few decades. It makes for an interesting analysis when you compare the changes to dwelling type, size and amenity that has occurred over the past few decades, especially when you align that to relative cost and affordability of such dwellings. It is a part of the affordability story (bit not the whole thing, obviously).

Don't let it. Forget the insults and crankiness, stick to your arguments. Try to back them up with references and links, and to show your rationale. There are some good minds here if you can engage the right way.

Excellent advice. I think you have something to contribute to this forum, Different, but at the moment you're the new Beebop (bearish forumite, banned after some hilarity... kind of miss the little tyke).

What do you believe I'm panicking about, exactly?

Unlike you, I'm not even bearish on property in the immediate future. Haven't you read my posts?

Or did you read and simply fail to comprehend?

You're like the drunkard of the Bear family that everyone trys to ignore. You probably have some valid points, but your acidic way of portraying them kills the message. Be tactful and you may get more people arguing with your points rather than your manner.

Good, well located properties don't fall in price. That's the main element of Yardley's article. Can't agree more with that

Yes, that's true, unless there is a problem that is affecting the larger area such as major catastrophe or no more booming in the area.

Hang on! I think I’ve cracked the code -

Post 119 -
What do you believe I'm panicking about, exactly?

Post 120 -
Is there some sort of comprehension issue on this forum? I have said multiple times

Post 5 -
That very slight improvement in affordability over the past 16 months is

Post 27 -
a risk free path to eternal riches for all

Post 34 -
so why come here?

Post 61 -
One will suffice

Post 84 -
it is good to go over these things again when information has not been properly understood

DH is spruiking land lots . . . on the moon!

Are you going to tell belbo off as well?

Of course not. Some of these property investors suffer from a form of one-sightedness. Abuse and taunts of the type Belbo directed at me are always ignored by fellow property investors, but when I respond to those taunts in a similar manner I get told off. :rolleyes:

Of course not. Some of these property investors suffer from a form of one-sightedness. Abuse and taunts of the type Belbo directed at me are always ignored by fellow property investors, but when I respond to those taunts in a similar manner I get told off. :rolleyes:

Belbo has actually contributed here as well, rather than simply making blanket statements that mean nothing. Does this justify it? Probably not, but at least we know where he's coming from. My point stands that if the majority of your posts are victim-mentality whinging, you aren't going to be taken seriously here.

Forget I posted if it upsets you.

At the risk of being on topic I'd like to make my opinion known on whether property prices will crash.

In all seriousness I think its in the hands of one company.

If that company decides to get itself off the front page then all it needs to do is start delivering "the sky is falling" headlines to the majority of our local newspapers, and then lets see what happens.

Interestingly though, that paper has led with headlines like:
"100 bn meltdown but dont panic"
"Obama says US economy will recover"
"Aus stocks claw back some losses"
"Local markets claw back"

It seems they have decided that they don't want a GFC2 just yet, however discussion of whether we will have one or not may be enough to remove the words phone hacking and Gillards media enquiry from the front page for now.

Belbo has actually contributed here as well, rather than simply making blanket statements that mean nothing. Does this justify it? Probably not, but at least we know where he's coming from. My point stands that if the majority of your posts are victim-mentality whinging, you aren't going to be taken seriously here.

Forget I posted if it upsets you.

Well said V8....stop whingeing and get a grip DH !!

From a Builder's point of view, the "AFFORDABILITY" issue is a matter of people's wishes, more than the thickness of their wallets.

My Building company could put together a strongly-built house ready to move into for $160,000 full retail price.
Understand that some of the WISHES may not be included, for example-
-Concrete Driveway
-Concrete paths around perimetre of house
-Turf and "established" landscaping
-Carpet/ Tiles in living areas (bedrooms ALWAYS receive floor coverings)
-Security Screens
-Air-Conditioning
-Remote control garage door

Reducing the cost of the construction reduces the cost of housing- i.e. makes housing more affordable.
The equation is simple and backed up by property experts such as Michael Yardley-
Lower purchase price + Property Improvements = Increased asset valuation

ACTIVELY increase the value of your property asset by making improvements to the structure or the utility of the property.
Talk to your Builder about affordable housing construction.

Back