Why is there so much nastiness around

I think there is a lot more chill required when driving. Although I try to be a very careful driver, sometimes I do misjudge or do something completely stupid. At those times I am very grateful to other drivers for accommodating my stupid behaviour. So when I experience people doing stupid things on the road, I just try to quietly accommodate them and not make a fuss. If everyone did that, the roads would be a lot nicer place. I reckon mr tooter deserved a bird. There is no need for all the honking!

I am certainly not a perfect driver either, and you're probably right. It would depend on the length of the toot.

Thank you.

There's not more nastiness about, people just need to harden up.

This is just a variation on the 'every generation that comes after is worse than the one that preceded it'.

Can I please ask - what is a bird?

It's a reference to 'flipping the bird'. Which, if you don't know what that is, it is when one raises their fist, exposing the back of the hand and raises the index finger in a sign of mutual respect and solidarity with the receiver of said gesture.

A bird is an indecent hand gesture , a clenched fist with the middle finger sticking up. Can be very offensive in some cultures lol.

A bird is an indecent hand gesture , a clenched fist with the middle finger sticking up. Can be very offensive in some cultures lol.

Esp. if you were an archer in the English armies and some nasty Frenchman had chopped off your middle finger (essential for plucking the longbow).

Around my workshop 'the bird' is generally 'hello' preceeded by a quiet 'oi **head' to each other !

I guess its one of those 'you got to see it' type gestures.

pinkboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to be a positive person on the outside while one rents brain space to negative thoughts.

many "nasties" dont intend to be that way, its just the way they think, and that is their reality

ta
rolf

In most countries, the horn is used primarily as a warning tool to let others know of your whereabouts or as an inoffensive reminder for you to move

Around my workshop 'the bird' is generally 'hello' preceeded by a quiet 'oi **head' to each other !

I guess its one of those 'you got to see it' type gestures.

pinkboy

God I love Australia.

The problem is the modern world has made more men become feminized and more of the ladies become masculinized and lack talent,and look for someone to blame when their facebook updates go pearshape,.btw I'm the only Male in a household of 5 Ladies..

Touche Xenia. Hurting people hurt people and the last thing they need is more pain in their lives. Come with the opposite spirit I say, love conquers all.

The problem is the modern world has made more men become feminized and more of the ladies become masculinized and lack talent,and look for someone to blame when their facebook updates go pearshape,

Bingo bango. This is what I was alluding to when I said people (translation: males), need to harden up.

With two generations of males, and a third well on the way to full development, being raised almost exclusively by their mothers or raised in a household with a feminised father who acquiesces to his woman; making him a complete failure as a male, fewer and fewer boys are exposed to the male role models they so desperately need.

What we end up with is a society stacked to the rafters with little boys who wouldn't know what it means to be a man if their life depended on it and everyone getting upset over the tiniest little slight.

Back